Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification. HELP  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
benbooth1010

I've just installed TS3 Pets, but when I click play a message appears:

'It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs'.

I've removed the all the Mods that I previously had in my game, but the message still appears, and a few seconds in to the Appaloosa Plains loading screen the game crashes.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/21/11 04:55 PM

Liana12321

The same thing's happening to me at the moment, it's really annoying me!
I thought maybe it was something to do with the Pets expansion pack, so I uninstalled it, but the same notification appeared when trying to play the base game. With the Pets I got to the Appaloosa Plains loading screen, and it only loaded about 2cm until it said The Sims 3 has stopped running. Then, I tried a second time, and "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification" popped up. I deleted every single mod, and even tried deleting some of the chache folders. None of this helped
Finally, while trying to download something (from the actual Sims store), it led me to the Mods/Packages folder, which I didn't think I had. It then occurred to me that this was in fact hidden (like a .zip file), and could only be accessed when saving a file (/downloading) to it. So then I deleted the two mods in that folder, thinking it would help. But it didn't.
So I honestly have NO clue what is going on, but I'd suggest uninstalling the base game and other expansion packs, then clicking 'cancel' when asking you for an update. BEFORE updating, install Pets, and then try updating it and installing the patches. I'm going to try this myself, and will notify you on how it went
Liana12321

I've found the problem!
I think the latest update is interfering with the game somehow, or at least the expansion packs. I uninstalled the base game, then cancelled the update, and the game worked perfectly. But then when I got to installing Pets, it told me I HAD to install the update for the expansion to work. So, I think it's just some sort of crash problem EA are dealing with, or have yet to discover... I don't think it's anything to do with the mods (or then again it could, for some people), so I would just wait and see.
Hope this helped!

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: