Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification. HELP  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
benbooth1010

I've just installed TS3 Pets, but when I click play a message appears:

'It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs'.

I've removed the all the Mods that I previously had in my game, but the message still appears, and a few seconds in to the Appaloosa Plains loading screen the game crashes.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

PEACHES327

That means there's still a mod you've overlooked and need to remove. You wouldn't be getting that message otherwise.

Double-check your folders and ensure the MOD folders is out of the sims 3 folder completely.

If you have Twallan's mods, you should only have Story Progression and Master Controller as the other mods have not been updated since the recent patch to 1.29.

EDIT: running ANY core mod that is not up to date or running on the same patch level as the game will cause the game to crash.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/21/11 05:12 PM

benbooth1010

I've done all the above but I'm still having no luck!

Diamondkool

Look in program files folder to check there if you have more mods.

Rflong13

You have to delete your cache files also:

CASPartCache
compositorCache
scriptCache
simCompositorCache

*In Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/21/11 06:20 PM

iDiru

If you have any kind of mod that edits the core files, that's your problem. Recently we had this problem while using a no CD crack that had not been updated.
The file that was changed was a replacement of one of the files in the games bin folder

benbooth1010

I've looked through my Programme Files and there were no Mods in there, and I also deleted my cache.

It's still not working!

Do I have to reinstall everything?

iDiru

benbooth1010 wrote:I've looked through my Programme Files and there were no Mods in there, and I also deleted my cache.

It's still not working!

It would be hard to tell if you had a mod in there because it would have the same file names that it had before. It's like a modified, really important file, and if it hasn't been updated it won't let the game run.
The best thing to do, if you don't know where the mod is, is to uninstall and reinstall everything.

Also, about the NRAAS mods, I have a slightly older mod; debug enabler I think, and I have no problems at all.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/21/11 07:05 PM

kelren837

Do you use any sliders? I was having this issue even after taking out my mods, and after I removed everything and put each folder in one by one I discovered that the message went away after I took my sliders folder out. Just a thought!

stilljustme2

benbooth1010 wrote:I've looked through my Programme Files and there were no Mods in there, and I also deleted my cache.

It's still not working!

Try this:

1. Rename your Sims 3 folder in Documents to something else (try Sims3Old)

2. Restart your game -- the game will recreate all the game files from scratch.

3. Exit the game, and move your Saved Games folders from Sims3Old to your new Sims 3 folder

4. Start game again and see if you can get into your old Saved Games (if you were using store content or downloads, you'll get a Missing Items message; don't worry about that for now)

5. If that works, exit game without saving move your Downloads folder back in and reinstall all your downloads through the Launcher

6. Start the game again and see if it still works -- this will make sure that the problem isn't with any bad CC.

7. Check your mods with the originating site -- note to the earlier poster: Twallan checked all his mods and updated those that needed updating before he left on winter holiday -- and download updated versions and put those in your Mods folder in Sims3Old. Delete any that seem to be out of date unless you're sure they work with 1.29 (check any attached forums to confirm, such as the NRaas forum or the ones with the mods at MTS; those are the only two sites I get mods from so can't speak to others)

8. Put the Mods folder into your new Sims3 folder and restart yet again

If you get the message at any point in this process, it either means you've got a corrupted game save, corrupted CC, or bad mods.

benbooth1010

Well I reinstalled the base game and Pets only, it loaded fine without the message, but then when it got to the main menu it said that it couldn't identify if it was a real disk

:/

iDiru

benbooth1010 wrote:Well I reinstalled the base game and Pets only, it loaded fine without the message, but then when it got to the main menu it said that it couldn't identify if it was a real disk

Did you pirate it?

stilljustme2

iDiru wrote:
benbooth1010 wrote:Well I reinstalled the base game and Pets only, it loaded fine without the message, but then when it got to the main menu it said that it couldn't identify if it was a real disk

Did you pirate it?

That happens to me occasionally -- it's just that sometimes there's a glitch in reading the info. Restarting the game usually results in proper game loading. (Happened a lot more with my old computer because the optical drive was starting to fail -- I've never pirated a single item.)

Darkslayer

iDiru wrote:

Did you pirate it?

What kind of a question is that? Have you even looked at his simpage and seen the games he has registered there?

The inability to identify the disk is actually quite a common problem that seems to happen during the installation process of a new expansion pack. I'm lucky in that I haven't encountered it myself and unfortunately I don't know how to fix it but no, the chances of him running a pirated version are extremely low.

To the OP, are you trying to run your game through the launcher at the moment? Is it the launcher that is telling you that it couldn't varify the disk? If so you might want to try bypassing the launcher. If you go to Program Files - EA Games - The Sims 3 - Game - Bin you should see an icon called Sims3, make a shortcut of that and drop it onto your launcher. This should allow you to run the game without having to use the launcher because that thing is buggy as hell.

It might still tell you that it doesn't like your disk though once you hit the main screen but it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work then you can just delete the shortcut, no harm done.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: