Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Lunar Lakes Sharing Thread- *Updated 10/11/12*  XML
Forum Index » Worlds
Leni793

Camkat

Yay! Thanks so much, I love that house, errr, ship!

@amjoie: Al Simhara looks fantastic!

@Bookworm742: That live venue is just what my LL was missing, thanks for sharing.

I have to work now and for the next 6 days, unfortunately (cutting into my simming time! lol) but when I get home tonight, I'm going to have a bit of downloading and installing and slight revamping to do.

ciane

I found the library in Lunar Lakes to be a real pain. The taxi goes by the entrance and drops them off behind the stairs. The ground floor is just unuseable foundation. Sims travel clear across the room to place a book down on the tables behind the stairs. There are too many floors to keep tract of everyone and the kids' room is on the top floor - not very convenient.

So I redid the library trying to keep the original look and feel on the outside. I did however, complete change the look of the furnishings within.

Here's a link to the Reading Rainbow Library:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5298866

And here's a couple pics to show what it looks like and the layout:

My Sim was happily dropped off in front of a door, grabbed a book and set down at a nearby seat, put the book down on a convenient coffee table, got another book and found another seat not too far away, and again set the book down on a convenient coffee table. While there, other sims easily used the spacious bathroom and got, read, and put down books without traveling the length of the library.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 04:32 PM

AznSensei

Thread Update ^_^

amjoie

BlueShreve wrote:@amjoie

Neat, any chance you plan on making a tomb for the minning lot?

Well ... I still don't know if my tomb building skills are good enough for prime time. Over 50 people have downloaded the lot, but no critiques have been offered, yet. If the general impression is "lame," then it is probably best to not attempt an encore. LOL

All kidding aside, I'm not sure a basement can be laid under a lot that isn't flat. I've been looking at China, and every single lot, except the marketplace, is hilly. I took a day off to do other things, after my marathon tomb building, but I plan on exploring the possibilities of making a basement under a lot that has hills. I could mess around with the mining lot. I just don't know what is possible, yet. And I have to be inspired by a storyline, of some kind. So, no promises. But I'll take it into consideration. It's a very good suggestion for the location of an "ancient dig site" from some long lost alien civilization (that just happens to resemble old earth Egyptian, ala an SG1 type of scenario).

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
amjoie

AznSensei wrote:Thread Update ^_^

I noticed you are grouping my things together in the updated first page, putting my latest offering with the previous ones. Did you want to put the Memories of Bridgeport lot with the others? And maybe the Celestial Tree of Life and Memories of Home, too. And then there's New Home for Sekemoto Family Just asking ...

And (covers face) you are probably going to hate me for being so persnickety (and I maybe shouldn't even mention it) but, the actual name of my latest lot is Al Simhara Memories w Tomb. I did earlier refer to it as Memories of Al Simhara, though. And it is the most logical name. So don't feel bad. It's just that I had to change the name because after the first failed upload attempt, the next two lots didn't show up because they had the same name and the silly website database thought they had already been uploaded, or something. So I got around it by changing the name. I wouldn't say anything, because it hardly matters ... except for the "w tomb" part at the end is important. So, if you are going to change the name, it may as well be what is listed on my studio page. I'm really sorry for being such a continual pain. Right about now you probably wish I'd just stop creating.

edit: I will never understand the censorship on this site. The first time, I used a perfectly ordinary word that has no derogatory meaning, that I know of at least, instead of the word "persnickety" and when I looked back at my reply, it was ****. Weird. Oh, well, it's been that kind of day, so far. LOL

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 03/11/12 01:09 AM

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
BlueShreve

@amjoie Cool! I understand the burnout, I have been working all day on one of my projects. And basement building on uneven terrain is possible. Start your basement on the lowest point possible and place the stairs on flat level terrain. I have made a few underground lots this way along the back of the mountain close to the minning site just because there is not enough room to expand in the town...
AznSensei

Changed the Name for your Amjoie, As for the other lots, I'm heading to bed early for the day. Just got done with my latest build so I'll update later tomorrow

And you aren't being annoying or anything no worries ^_^

Gym Makeover by me: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5316578

No CC is used, but relies on store content.

Full View of Building

Welcome Center

Eating Area with Food Register and Bar

Example of a Workout Area of different colors (Different rooms with Different Colors):

Lounge Area on the Third Floor:

Bathrooms and Resting Area:

Bookworm742

Just built a new Lunar Lakes home for a contest, thought I'd go ahead and stick it here too.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5316714
BlueShreve

Another car I am working on.
LittleKittenCat

BlueShreve wrote:

that's awesome

miklc

Ahh so many wonderful additions since I last checked into this thread

I've been building a small junkyard nothing too special for Lunar Lakes because the Ambitions one did not fit at all! I've put this on hold for the moment however because I'm engrossed in Showtime, but I will be sure to add it to this thread whenever I get it finished and uploaded

@amjoie- What a beautifully stunning build! Rec' from me that must have taken some time and you have really captured the spirit of Al Simhara! It's easy to see that any Sim that enters that dome would be instantly transported t to the past. I wish I has somewhere to put this in my Lunar Lakes because I would download it in a flash, but I love the parks that are included with the world and have my own ideas for modifying them but super great work

@ciane- Really good job on the library, gave you a rec! I absolutely adore the rainbow colour scheme that you have given the toilets

@AznSensei- Your gym is AMAZING! Rec' from me I love the daring architecture and bright colours, this lot is perfect for Lunar Lakes

@Bookworm742- Great lots, very interesting designs gave them both a rec. Also loving your Showtime inspired venue

Can't wait to see what people come up with next

My BIG Thank You Thread

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499626.
page
Gesshoku_sama

great job everyone!

amjoie- i LOVE your Sekemotos! i looked at past posts to see if there was a note about CC but didn't see anything. are they CC free? (i tried to ask the other day but kept getting the 404 message)
AznSensei

Gesshoku_sama wrote:great job everyone!

amjoie- i LOVE your Sekemotos! i looked at past posts to see if there was a note about CC but didn't see anything. are they CC free? (i tried to ask the other day but kept getting the 404 message)

All of her creations are CC Free ^_^

Gesshoku_sama

AznSensei wrote:
Gesshoku_sama wrote:great job everyone!

All of her creations are CC Free ^_^

yay! that makes me very happy.

Forum Index » Worlds
Go to: