Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Tommy92

I would like to apologize in advance if I mess something up, I'm really trying to help here.

So the few bugs I faced so far:
- My sim who went touring via Simport had multiple phones. I'm not actually sure if resetsim fixed this. When someone called, the sim had like 5 different ringtones ringing at the same time and silencing would only silence one of them. The ringing animation also appeard in multiples.
- Multiple proprietors. There were like a dozen of them. Replacing the venue solved the issue.
- Steady gigs get stuck. One time I replaced the park and ever since, my sim has a steady gig in the park which she can't cancel but nor can she organize another performance for the same day. (This might have been because of the multiple proprietors bug, 'cause that was when I had to replace the park.) Later in the game, both of my sim's steady gigs in big show venues got stuck and she can adition once again but those days are taken. So now she's only eligible to perform 4 times a week. (This is the most frustrating, because you cannot do anything with it and limits your possibilities big time.)
- I checked the box in the main menu so that my game keeps me logged in (or logs me in upon startup.) Yet if I start the game when I enter the main menu, it does not connect automatically and when I click on 'Log In' only my password is remembered, my e-mail isn't. (If I enter my e-mail and log in, it works, so it actually remembers my real password.)

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No, but a few CC has sneaked into my game through SimPort.
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No big ones.
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Didn't use before either.
4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Both.
5. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 or 1.32 ? 1.32
6. If you are on Patch 1.32 when (March 10th or after March 10th) did you patch and how (super patcher, incremental patch, patch Downloader, launcher) I patched through the launcher, on March 9.
7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? I started a new game for ST, but not after the new patch.
8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Starlight Shores.
9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7 64 bit
10. Did you disable SimPort ? No, I've been using it extensively.
11. Did you disable the Social Features ? No, I've been connected while playing.
KarinL

I have two major problems and two minor ones.

The first minor problem is with the multiple phone icons - they do all get silenced after the call, but not when I don't want to pick up the phone - I have to cancel all of them manually in that case. Also, it's impossible to direct a Sim to do something after a call, because their queue is full of phones.

My game also doesn't reconnect in spite of my having checked 'keep me logged in', but my page never has either, so I'm not surprised.

The first major problem is freezing. My game tends to freeze or crash to the desktop randomly - especially when I have a visiting performer.

The second major problem I have has to do with the 'cloning' that happens with Simport.

Very often my Sim will come back from a tour in the game, but without a completed performance. The Sim will be listed in Simport as "waiting for report". (In those four icon squares on the left page.)

It keeps happening to me that my Sim is replaced by a clone in these cases.

- All the doors locked for 'everyone but myself' are now locked to himself, too.
- My Sim's bed is suddenly not his. My Sim Charlie gets the "sleep in Charlie's bed" prompt when I direct him to his bed - and without being direted, he won't go to bed at all and will nap on sofas and such.

If the Sim is a clone, I can send him through SImPort a second time even though he's still waiting in SimPort.
So there will be two, three, even four icons of the same SIm all "waiting for report".

Info:

- I have WA, HELS and ST installed at the moment.
- Mac OSX 10.6.8; NVidia GeForce GT 130 graphics card; 4 GB RAM, 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo processor.
- No store content except the LE and KP bonus items and the DJ Booth.
- No mods or third party cc installed at the moment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 11:14 AM

crinrict

@Tommy92:
- What do you mean by multiple phones ? Where did he have multiple phones ?
- Added
- Has been reported. Added your report.
- Added. It might be the same problem as with the other flag. Try this for the other option in the ini file: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/03/surpressing-login-message-
does-not-work.html

To the cc that sneaked in: Did it sneak in before or after patching to 1.32 ?

@KarinL:
- Multiple phones: Are those in the queue ? I think I need a pic for that.
- Login: See my answer above.
- Freezing: Did you try all this: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-free
zes.html
. It might be that Starlight Shores has routing issues as well.
- Cloning: Do you have both Sims or just the 'new' one ? I've added that but I will need to find out more info on this.

--

Updated through here except multiple phone issue.

Jazzychik123

I have this issue too, I also have an issue where my singer sim goes up on the stage to perform but just stands there for many, many sim hours. I have to reset her to make her work but she gains no experience or anything!
wzw1177

Removed all mods and cc but my sim still couldn't watch recorded videos on the gigantic TV.

The Sims 3 University, March 5, 2013?
crinrict

@Jazzychik123: Could you please answer the questions in the second post. Is your sim in his career outfit ?

@wzw1177: I've added your issue.

altheaquin

crinrict wrote:

@KarinL:

- Cloning: Do you have both Sims or just the 'new' one ? I've added that but I will need to find out more info on this.

--

I'm having a similar issue. I sent my sim on tour and when he returned his wishes were all gone (which I assume is a bug because how else are they supposed to complete wishes about touring in another town) and when I clicked on his bed it said 'Sleep in Bondi Kei Parfait's bed' (which is my sim). There is only one of him the 'new' one. Additionally any queued action gets cancelled. He can perform Free Will actions but if I tell him do something it is immediately cancelled.

julienrob2004

Not seen this anywhere so here goes

My singer got married and thats when the problems started .

Her husband got the days off and no mention of her getting any (singer career is 7 days a week). The mail carrier came and left presents in the mailbox . Went to the box and got the mail . I then had the option to write thankyou notes which i did and got a message that the people who gave me presents would be grateful for the notes . NO presents in either my sims inventory NOR the family inventory .The following day the mail carrie came and the same happened .
Now for the main bug . My singer now is no longer getting sing-o-grams to perform nor can she do the steady gigs she already has. there is no option to delete the steady gigs .She also cannot do any new gigs she gets .resetsim does not work nor moving out and back in. taking her out of the career and putting her back into it lets her do gigs once more but no sing-o-grams are coming up .

No mods I took them out before installing ST . patched to 1.32.
Some CC clothing and hair but not on this sim.
Windows Xp
New game started with ST and started in Starlight Shores

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
altheaquin

altheaquin wrote:
crinrict wrote:

@KarinL:

--

I'm having a similar issue. I sent my sim on tour and when he returned his wishes were all gone (which I assume is a bug because how else are they supposed to complete wishes about touring in another town) and when I clicked on his bed it said 'Sleep in Bondi Kei Parfait's bed' (which is my sim). There is only one of him the 'new' one. Additionally any queued action gets cancelled. He can perform Free Will actions but if I tell him do something it is immediately cancelled.

It appears to be fixed. I removed my mods and restarted before sending a sim out on a tour. She came back with all her wishes this time so I think it might be fixed but I will hold off saying for certain until I get the 'results' of her tour. The mods I removed are:

I am not sure which one was the problem yet but I will fiddle with them once I am convinced it is working as it should.

Tommy92

@crinrict: I'll explain multiple phones: first of all, this does not bother the functionality, everything goes perfectly, your sim can make and receive calls just like before. But when the sim is called, you hear different ringtones at the same time, and see the ringing (music note) animations on top of each other.
And the CC that appeared in my game most likely appeared before the patch, I'm not sure. I'm not claiming it appeared after, since I don't know for sure.
I'll try the ini modification soon.

Thanks for everything!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 02:27 PM

JustKeepSimming

Aha! That's fixed my SimPort issue (Missing sims thing with Overwatch) thanks for the heads up

I also have the issue with no interactions on bars in clubs. Heck, I don't even have a mixologist turn up!

KarinL

crinrict wrote:- Multiple phones: Are those in the queue ? I think I need a pic for that.

The queue only consists of phone icons, or icons of the Sim they're talking to on the phone. It's completely filled up, you can't add anything after it. I'll try to grab a screenshot.

Cloning: Do you have both Sims or just the 'new' one ? I've added that but I will need to find out more info on this.

Just the new one. The only reason I know it's not exactly the same Sim, is because he no longer recognises his own bed, and his locked door no longer lets him in. (He locked it to 'everyone but myself' before leaving).

I wanted to send them again and cancel the old tours, but I did not get a warning about the Sim still being in Simport waiting to be picked up.
I thought it was OK, but the next time I looked on my Simport page, it looked like this:

[/URL]

No matter what I try, I can't delete two of those faces. There's no way to cancel those tours.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 02:46 PM

Gothicans

I don't have anything big enough to hold my back-up game so it wont work and nor can I open the launcher up to do anything at all any other ideas? I don't know what's causing this. If you need to know anything feel free to ask and thanks for trying

*Edit*
I deleted the resource.cfg in the Sims file and tried to use the other icons to open sims (e.g TS3 Sims Launcher). None of them worked so I went to Pets (as my digital download of Showtime doesn't have a folder) and clicked the Pets05 icon quite a few times and it loaded it however stayed on a black screen and when i got my Task Manager up it said Sims wasn't responding. Just thought this could help further ^^

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 03:07 PM

Terrylin

I had a thought I would like to share. I have been reading this thread all morning it seems. I have not gotten ST as of yet because my new computer wont be here till next week, so I have been reading all the bug threads getting prepared!!
I noticed earlier that crinrict posted a link another player found a solve for sims that wouldn't/couldn't preform.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/512800.page

Ok could this be the same problem with them going on tour?
I know it is reaching to hope that it would be this easy to solve but maybe all you need to do is be sure that they are in their performing clothes before they go on tour!!

It is just a thought for I don't have the game as of yet, but it seems logical. I really do hope this helps!!

I apologize if I am way off base I am just trying to help!!

made by TishyTasha
veg_kathryn

I'm so glad this thread got stickied. Anyway, the issue I'm having is that I've sent my Sim on tour. She had the minimum required skill level for a Singer and I think she got good reviews. In my Simport book, it said she was still on tour. I logged in and out, restarted the game, but I didn't receive a stamp even though the tour was supposedly successful. I'm about to head out but I can post screen caps later.

Thanks crin.

I love Sims!
Been around since TS1 and not going anywhere!
MORE Farting Sims in 2012!

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: