Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Exception Raised error :|  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
gabbyl

I can install The Sims3 on my Mac book (spec below), I can open the launcher + download the updates, then once I have downloaded the updates it crashes when the launcher use to open. and I get an Exception Raised error.

"Exception raised error.
Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x100d84ba.
Do you wish to debug it?"

I've uninstalled and reinstalled countless amounts of times. Updated my drivers and repaired disk utilities.

These are my specs
MAC OS X 10.5.7
Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
80GB left on my hard drive
Intel Intergrated GMA X3100

It's incredibly frustrating
I know I have an option of of installing Windows via Boot Camp but I would prefer not too..

Is anyone else having this problem on their mac? And/Or have a solution?
Thanks
gabbyl

anyone?
xCypserx

i had this happen to me using a different game, "Spore."

i havnt been able to play the game since and i dont know how to fix it, but i havent looked into it that well.
LDYCAPONE

HECK YEAH IM GETTING IT TOO... AND MY STORY IS:

"Unhandled privileged instruction at address
x0014e4ad.
Do you wish to debug it? "

Running on Mac.
Got this message when I tried to upload something. I successfully uploaded one 1 family/house holds but when I tried to upload the next 2 families I got the pop up box that had that. Gave 2 options, NO or DEBUG. When I clicked DEBUG ummm the launcher just disappeared and so did the box. I reopened it and of course my families didn't upload.

Help, pls.

NOVA_XO

I just got this game earlier this week and still doesnt work! I've been on and off with the EA agents to help me out 3 times so far.. and have emailed them.. yet nothing. They said my case is "escalated" but if thats the case why is it that I'm still figuring this out on my own.

"exception raised: unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x100d84ba. do you wish to debug it?"

whether I press yes or no, the same thing happens, everything just closes out. I can "run" the game when I don't install the patches but when I press "PLAY" to go play it forces me to update anyways so all in all I'm in the same boat...

IF ANYONE CAN HELP! or if any EA/SIMS 3 workers see this -- HELP US!!!!
gabbyl

seriously the most frustrating thing.
It's not the first game it has happened with, it should be high priority for them to fix it.
I'm sick of people whinging about shadows and lagging...

at least your **** game runs.

CeeKing

I uploaded 3 sims before I started getting that message. Restarting didn't help. I can still play the game, but I can't upload anything... I need to check if I can download things. I assume so, though.
MelissaKathryn_

Just happened to me when I clicked install after downloading items off the exchange on the launcher. Clicking debug just closes the box.

Has anyone figured out what causes this yet?
PhilimusPrime

Nope.

Been writing back and forth with Customer Support at EA for days now.
Pearyfooa

I can't upload sims but can upload pics.
Exception raised
Unhandled privileged instruction at address 0x0014e484.
Do you wish to debug it ?
yes\ no
GrandmaJoyce

What a freaking pain in the butt this is! My game ran perfectly for a while then starting getting these debug messages to and unable to upload to sims3 site. Everynow and then I can upload small objects but even just now, it wouldn't upload a 2.4 mb house lot! And on top of that, I purchased the Castle set and it wouldn't download! Said it didn't recognize the patch that Sims3 just forced down my throat today.

nessva

Pearyfooa wrote:I can't upload sims but can upload pics.
Exception raised
Unhandled privileged instruction at address 0x0014e484.
Do you wish to debug it ?
yes\ no

same exact problem here.

PrinceRheeyan

This really and truly isn't okay. I'm in this same boat. I JUST got this message so I haven't pressed the play button yet. I'm hoping I can play. This really should be a high priority concern and repair. Sucks we have to wait this long.
cterc4148

i have been seeing the same message when i tried to upload my new avatar sim to the exchange. this sucks i stayed up all night working on this so i could upload her today.... this game has way too many problems
Lidlings

Hi

The following seemed to work for me...

The saved games are in ~\documents\Electronic Arts. I renamed the folder (just changed the first character to an underscore) and then loaded up Sims 3. This worked fine. The game then creates a new 'Electronic Arts' folder so I quit the game, deleted that new folder and renamed the old one back to it's original state. That seemed to do the job!

Hope that's a help.

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: