Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Supposed unofficial game modification  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Harbl

I recently began getting game crashing bugs, so I decided to reinstall and just save my town, however, now that I've reinstalled, I keep getting the error message "It looks like you have installed and unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3"

Now, when I load up my towns, the game loads for 10 seconds and crashes to desktop. I've looked all over the internet and previous posts on the forums here, but no one ever got an answer as to what this is, and how to fix it. If it matters, I have Pets, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff installed. I'm 100% certain all the expansions and my stuff pack are all patched and updated. Do I just need to do ANOTHER reinstall?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Edit: Deleting custom content doesn't help, and I have literally no mods installed. The game crashes even on new towns that I start.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/12 07:04 AM

bob007

Have you tried to apply the manual cumulative super patch that can be found at the beginning of the forum?

Harbl

*****7 wrote:Have you tried to apply the manual cumulative super patch that can be found at the beginning of the forum?

I'll give it a try, since another reinstall did nothing again. Provided I can find the download that is.
Harbl

As expected, all the game is up to date, and patches don't help. I found out this happens whenever I install the Pets expansion.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: