Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Swimmingpool fish !  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
JackJardine

I clicked on a swimmingpool in one of my sims gardens and it gave 2 options . Number 1 was "swim" and number 2 was "fish" But in all the swimmingpools i have seen on the sims 3 there have been no fish ! so can you really get fish in a swimmingpool ?
SayYellow11

I don't think you can actually get fish in a swimming pool. Kids or sims with the childish trait (I think the insane trait too?) can fish in pools just to be silly.

It'd be cool if we could put fish in the swimming pools though lol.

danivixen

It'd be cool if they had more water animals in general, in my opinion, and you could really start your own private aquarium and people could comment on it and such. And you could catch more exotic fish (maybe even a few sharks, haha) if/when they come out with a Pets and/or vacation EP.

Updates coming soon.
-----------------------
♡ System: i7 3770k, 16GB 1866 Dominator Platinum, GTX 690, Maximus V Formula, 120GB SSD, 1TB HD.
Zeri

yeah its a crazy trait, my crazy sims all have the option to fish in pools. i have one family where crazy is a genetic trait XD
Mahogany_Rose

I haven't tried it yet but when I clicked on "inspect water" it said that minnows, goldfish and a few others could be caught there so I assume you can. I'll have to try it soon.

JackJardine

Thats the last trait I would expect from this particular sim! because the sim that had that option was the landgrbbs chid !
Charsiupao

danivixen wrote:It'd be cool if they had more water animals in general, in my opinion, and you could really start your own private aquarium and people could comment on it and such. And you could catch more exotic fish (maybe even a few sharks, haha) if/when they come out with a Pets and/or vacation EP.

It would be cool if you could stack aquariums the way you can stack bug terrariums (even if, of course, you shouldn't do that in RL). That "display 15 fishies in fishbowls" want is killing me. Maybe a nice big 15-compartment aquarium to keep the whole set in there or something...
Sue_D_Nim

danivixen wrote:It'd be cool if they had more water animals in general, in my opinion, and you could really start your own private aquarium and people could comment on it and such. And you could catch more exotic fish (maybe even a few sharks, haha) if/when they come out with a Pets and/or vacation EP.

You can catch sharks, at level 7. I haven't tried it yet, but it shows up in my skill journal.

poida217

Fish can indeed be caught when fishing in pools.

dixielandsh

Charsiupao wrote:

It would be cool if you could stack aquariums the way you can stack bug terrariums (even if, of course, you shouldn't do that in RL). That "display 15 fishies in fishbowls" want is killing me. Maybe a nice big 15-compartment aquarium to keep the whole set in there or something...

I wish they'd just given us an aquarium and let us feel that up. This fishbowl thing is nonsense.

Dixie

danivixen

Charsiupao wrote:

True. I just keep thinking about someone on Mod the Sims who made a swimming pool aquarium, and I imagine if it were filled with all types of marine life.

Sue_D_Nim wrote:You can catch sharks, at level 7. I haven't tried it yet, but it shows up in my skill journal.

And I had no clue you could catch sharks. ;x!

Updates coming soon.
-----------------------
♡ System: i7 3770k, 16GB 1866 Dominator Platinum, GTX 690, Maximus V Formula, 120GB SSD, 1TB HD.
amchristian

I just want a huge aquarium to put all the fish in. All those fish bowls!!! ARGH

"It's Simmy Time!" - Me
obliteratory

Sue_D_Nim wrote:

You can catch sharks, at level 7. I haven't tried it yet, but it shows up in my skill journal.

Yeh, it's not all that great though, they could be bigger. It's the size of like, two blowfish put together.
Sue_D_Nim

obliteratory wrote:
Sue_D_Nim wrote:[

Yeh, it's not all that great though, they could be bigger. It's the size of like, two blowfish put together.

She'll probably make that "Awww" disappointed sound when she catches one. The robot fish are cool, though.

Karazara

SayYellow11 wrote:I don't think you can actually get fish in a swimming pool. Kids or sims with the childish trait (I think the insane trait too?) can fish in pools just to be silly.

It'd be cool if we could put fish in the swimming pools though lol.

First off, yes, only childish and/or insane sims can fish in swimming pools.

But you're wrong on the other part... you can actually catch fish from pools! Not very often, because it's not a stocked body of water (and you can't stock home pools the way you can stock a home pond), so it's like fishing in a fished out pond, fish catches are rare and far between. But you can still ocassionally catch fish; my one sim caught a perfect minnow that his daughter made sushi out of lol... one time my sim also caught a ruuber duckie in the pool.

Really the main reason I have my sim fish out of the pool is he often has wants to fish and I don't always have time to get him to the actual fishing hotspots. And it's a great way to get some relaxation before or after work. If I'm actually aiming for fish, I go elsewhere. However on rare ocassions he does manage to catch stuff there... I think the pool needs more chlorine in it if there's fish swimming in it lol... anywho, not a practical way to catch fish but a good way to touch up the fun or work on the skill if you don't have the time to get to an actual pond.

I have to say angler combined with childish or insane makes a great combo for just this reason. Throw in loves the outdoors and your sim always has a way to unwind, even if he can't get to the fishing hole lol...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/28/09 01:28 PM

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: