Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Legacy Challenge Rules  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
brittanypologirl4

This inspired me to make a legacy blog
If anybody wants to check it out and tell me how it is, you can read it here :3
http://riversfamilylegacy.wordpress.com/2012/04/18/chapter-1-1-
the-beginning-2/

Sorry if this isn't the place to post it... I'm trying to get it out there! I want to know if anyone likes it and if I should keep going
Lafalot

Can I move the 'old timers' once the next generation have grown up? Or do I have to keep them on the lot until they die?

Take a look at my studio, it has a few things in that people seem to like. http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lafalot/mystudio
Lafalot

Would it be ok to send the elders to a different home once the children had become adults? I'm thinking of making an old folks home for them to go to.

I thought I'd posted this yesterday but couldn't find it today, so sorry if I've posted this twice!

Take a look at my studio, it has a few things in that people seem to like. http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lafalot/mystudio
Lafalot

I'm thinking of sending my elders to an old folks home. Is this allowed do you think? Or do I have to keep them in the family home until they die?

Sorry, I couldn't see the first post!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/20/12 07:19 PM

Lafalot

I'm thinking of sending my elders to an old folks home. Is this allowed do you think? Or do I have to keep them in the family home until they die?

Squirl_Lvr

OMG... Trying my first legacy challenge and TOTALLY picked the WRONG Profession.... INVESTIGATOR! YIKES... This is going to be hard unless I find a rich sim to move in and be the daddy figure....
Lafalot

Squirl_Lvr wrote:OMG... Trying my first legacy challenge and TOTALLY picked the WRONG Profession.... INVESTIGATOR! YIKES... This is going to be hard unless I find a rich sim to move in and be the daddy figure....

It's fun trying to keep them when they have no money. One way my founder sim stayed alive until I could afford a fridge was by eating and having showers at the gym.

ajaxpost

Lafalot wrote:I'm thinking of sending my elders to an old folks home. Is this allowed do you think? Or do I have to keep them in the family home until they die?

Sounds fine, once you have picked your new heir to carry on the family line everyone else can be moved out. If you wanted to, though it is probably wise to keep a spare sibling or two in the legacy household just in case your heir meets with a tragic 'accident'
Jayface

I'm totally inspired to try start a Legacy Story. How long do you think they take? I'm guessing if you take your time and play it pretty in-depth while doing a story it will take SOME time?

I don't have Generations and had NO idea you could send them off to boarding school. Might just buy it now, children are so irritating.
facereflection

I have always wanted to do this but I end up getting bored with the family after awhile. I see there are conditions in this challenge. I'm wondering if I can do it. I will have to remember to back up, in case anything happens. I'm going to begin today.
jchap90

I have a question. You are allowed to visit other house holds right and use their objects? I did this to get to know other sims around town. It didn't say you couldn't on the rules page, so I guess it's legal. Right?
Jayface

jchap90 wrote:I have a question. You are allowed to visit other house holds right and use their objects? I did this to get to know other sims around town. It didn't say you couldn't on the rules page, so I guess it's legal. Right?

I'm pretty sure that's OKAY. As long as you don't change your active household at any point to give them things to boost your mood even more. Visiting other households is fine, I usually go onto Community lots and use objects there since I can't afford anything.
Rickele

Are we allowed to go to Egypt and what not when we get the money? I never saw anything about it in the rules.

Also, in order for 15 summer hill court to be available, i had to move a building, the equestrian center which meant i had to add a lot to put it somewhere else. I know I broke the rule but that was the only way I could move to that spot. No other spot was more than 7,000 so I wanted to make it fair. Does that count since I only did it so I could move to the address that was requested for Sunset Valley?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/21/12 11:08 PM

Jayface

Rickele wrote:Are we allowed to go to Egypt and what not when we get the money? I never saw anything about it in the rules.

Also, in order for 15 summer hill court to be available, i had to move a building, the equestrian center which meant i had to add a lot to put it somewhere else. I know I broke the rule but that was the only way I could move to that spot. No other spot was more than 7,000 so I wanted to make it fair. Does that count since I only did it so I could move to the address that was requested for Sunset Valley?

Going on holiday is allowed. They don't update the rules for every expansion pack.
However for the lots, it applies to the other "towns" or "cities", if there isn't a lot big enough or expensive enough, you can place one, it has to cost the same though so when your sim purchases it, it leaves them with humble beginnings.

jchap90

Sorry for editing this 3 times, I had to look over the rules and think.

One solid question though, am I allowed to move sims out of the house so that the house doesn't get cluttered when the babies get older?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/23/12 05:30 AM

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: