Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Legacy Challenge Rules  XML
Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Jayface

jchap90 wrote:Sorry for editing this 3 times, I had to look over the rules and think.

One solid question though, am I allowed to move sims out of the house so that the house doesn't get cluttered when the babies get older?

It does touch on this issue in the rules.
You CAN move Sims out, but you cannot move out the founder, or the heirs of future generations. i.e. If your founder (male) had 5 children, 2 boys and 3 girls, you can move out 3 girls AND 1 of the male but if your remaining male dies when he becomes the next generation, your game ends. It's better to have a spare in case of this situation. It happened to me on my first attempt, so I do recommend always keeping a spare, just in case.

Lafalot

jchap90 wrote:Sorry for editing this 3 times, I had to look over the rules and think.

One solid question though, am I allowed to move sims out of the house so that the house doesn't get cluttered when the babies get older?

I asked this and the answer was 'yes' as long as there are still legacy sims left to carry on the legacy.

Take a look at my studio, it has a few things in that people seem to like. http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lafalot/mystudio
Stevoh99

Hmm this seems like a really fun and daunting challenge! But im definitaly up for it! I think im going to livestream this over at twitch tv after my college exams are finished. I cant do it right now, as im swamped with work, but i really want to, so i'll let you people know when im going to start it, if you are intrested in it of course!
Okato

ajaxpost wrote:
Okato wrote:Can my founder adopt a baby instead of getting pregnant ingame?
I don't like making my sims woohoo, oddly.

Welllll ... according the original challenge rules, no

But, hey, it's your game. I reckon it could be interesting to see a game based around a long-term foster family or adoption story - a Sims version of Brad and Angelina or Madonna perhaps.

Okay thanks!
sarahparr87

It's fun trying to keep them when they have no money. One way my founder sim stayed alive until I could afford a fridge was by eating and having showers at the gym.

I know! I had to do that for a while! Gotta love a freebie where you can get it though, lol!
Santon1857

Yes, a sim can move out but once they move out, they can not move back in.
sarahparr87

Just a quick question...I know we have to build the house and have the family on a particular lot...BUT..can you put a ready-made house on it as long as the family can afford it, or do you have to self build? (im not very good at the self building thing!)
Elimarna

Oh my goodness, I am such a fail... I created my legacy founder, Jacquelline Benoit, played with her family, then stopped after they had their third child hours before she she aged to an elder. My intentions were to actually do the storytelling thing.

HAHAHAHA.

Fail. I took, like, ten pictures in probably 20 hours of gameplay, before I abandoned them for several months.

Recently I got back into Sims 3, and just the other day wanted to see why I abandoned the Benoit Legacy...

I HAVE NO IDEA. So I'm playing them hard core, but still failing at the storytelling thing.

But I love this challenge and have wanted to do it ever since it was originally created for Sims 2, and attempted once for about ten real seconds before I forgot and used, like, 6 cheats. This time has been much better. My founder just died, the heir has been to China, and her younger brother made out with the girl who was once his imaginary friend. Average game day, right?

Oh, and I'm not giving up on storytelling entirely, but I'm going to attempt a different approach that will hopefully work out better for me. That's what is in my sig.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/01/12 06:16 PM

MsSammich

Ok but how do you chose to start the legacy? Is it an option or something in the game?
Elimarna

MsSammich wrote:Ok but how do you chose to start the legacy? Is it an option or something in the game?

The Legacy Challenge is begun by creating your founder and choosing to follow the rules set forth in this thread. No in-game options or anything, as it was created by fans of the game as a means of giving those who prefer to aim for some sort of goal just that. It's fun, it's challenging (especially for those who loooove cheats as I used to or else are miserable at controlling all their sims efficiently as I still am (despite years of play)), and the challenge can be elevated further for those who desire more challenges (like those who CAN control 6 sims and keep their lives in harmony, unlike myself).

Or maybe I'm just evil to my sims.

The world may never know...

yoursharona34

I started my legacy two nights ago! Yay! Been wanting to do it since I got Sims 3 in January but was too busy playing my Sim-self on Epic. LOL.

I LOVE the challenge of starting with nothing and not using any cheats. I did that all the time in Sims 1! I would just put them on a lot, have a family of 3 or 4 kids and they would start with nothing and then eventually earn money to survive. And you couldn't eat and shower at the gym then! Lots of red plumbobs then. And roaches and flies. And screaming at me. LOL.

Hahah I feel like your grandma saying "Sure, in MY days..."!

Where can I post pics of my heir?

Saye_15

I'm going to attempt my first Legacy challenge (working on my founder now) but is it necessary to keep track of the points because I can't imagine trying to do that along with not cheating as bad as it sounds.
Breeyannah2012

Im starting my legacy today. Is it ok for me to use animals?
MsSammich

Oooh ok thanks
K14RE

Hi not sure were else to post this so here I go. All the time when I am playing if I zoom out even a bit my sims 3 has stoped working any ideas on how to fix this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/12 10:36 PM

Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: