Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Child won't attend afterschool activity  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
bee1977

In one of my Sims games, one of my children have been registered for an afterschool activity (ballet) but every day that she's supposed to go, she doesn't. Once she's done school at 3, she just stands outside of the school doing nothing and I have to click on the "home" icon to send her home.

If I try sending her to the afterschool activity by clicking on the "attend activity" icon in the game, it doesn't work either and tells me that "the child must be in school to attend this activity".

This is very frustrating as it's a part of the game that should be working. Please help!!!

bee1977

Is anyone able to answer on this one? I have tried removing my child from that activity and sign them up again, but the same thing still happens. Please help.

TheMomminator

I have the same problem. In my current game, my couple has a lot of children. Sometimes after school activities work and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they work for a while then stop. High school activities are even more hit and miss.

New bug?
planettv

I think it has something to do with field trips. If you send kids on fields trips then they won't go to after school activities. This page should help give some more information on the problem: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sim-cant-go-to-after-s
chool-activities.html

Sims to make list (characters from sci-fi TV shows):
Sanctuary (14)
Stargate SG-1 (7)
Stargate Atlantis (10)
Farscape (4)
Eureka (14)
bee1977

I've tried doing what you have suggested, but I can't move my child sim out of the house without a parent and there's only one parent in the house so far. I would have to evict the entire family and then move them back in which will lose a bunch of wishes and such. How can I move the child sim out in order to get this to work so that the afterschool activity resets? Please help!!

bee1977

bump

bee1977

bump...again

jbfansa

I recently had the same problem, and its 2013! My sims were going to the afterschool act. until one field trip went wrong. After that when they went to school the tab said "field trip" instead of "learning" so my sims could not go to their activities.

After hours of trying to figure out how to fix it, I finally fixed the problem.

I enrolled my young sims in boarding school and then switched to another household with a young sim, just to see if he could go to the after school activities. Turned out he could, so I switched back and took them out of boarding school and guess what! IT WORKED!!! So far everything is going well, however I haven't accepted a field trip to see if it would glitch again.

P.S. I don't think enrolling your sim to a boarding school matters before you switch households, that's just what I did before I tried switching households.

Hope this helps, and I hope someone didn't already post this solution

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: