Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Jbfairybird's Story Chat-Closed  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
jbfairybird

Welcome to my Thread! Links to the stories and journals are found below!

Welcome to my general chat thread for all of my Sims 3 stuff including stuff that isn't attached to a story with a plot.

So just chat about anything. Make comments on any of my stories you'd like. Ask me questions. Whatever!

JBfairybird's Journals

I call them journals since I will comment on what happened as a narrator but there is no plot. I'll have them grouped with the links and the material will be on my blog. These are not updated on any schedule.

Wishacy Journals- Fame & Alien Wishes
Vanderberg Townie 10 Gen
3 Families: Mcdermont, Denton & Lynn

Stories

These are my Sims 3 stories. Please check them out.

(Updated 5/6/12)

Come join the fun and decide the fate of the Frost Family line in a unique interative experience.

(Updated 5/8/12)

(Updated 5/4/12)

(Updated 5/3/12)

I also have plans to have a Magician story using Showtime but its in the begining stages.

Chapter Release Schedule

Since I will be working on several stories at the same time I thought it would be a good idea to let you guys know how I intend to juggle all of them. I will update this if I see the need to change at any time. Also I will post at the end of this section if I will be going on vaction or haitus for any reason.

The Frost Rainbowcy
This story will have weekly updates. I will typically be releasing updates on Mondays and giving 4 days for voting.

All other stories will be on a every other week rotation for chapters as they are released as follows.

First Rotation
Wild Hearts and DIFT (once started)

Second Rotation
Quest for Immortality and Pet Master

This message was edited 132 times. Last update was at 05/15/12 04:36 PM

shogunfish

This looks interesting. Can we vote now for the founder?

jbfairybird

You'll be able to vote for the founder midway in the chapter (After 4 Episodes). I want you to be able to vote for who you want after getting to know them a bit.

shogunfish

Okay. I'll check back for that.

jbfairybird

shogunfish wrote:Okay. I'll check back for that.

You will be able to make decisions that will effect them before you choose who you want (who thier spouse will be and storyline points)so sure to vote to mold who you have in mind.

jbfairybird

moved

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 02/04/12 05:26 AM

shogunfish

Good intro. I like the set-up

jbfairybird

Thanks Shogunfish.

I hope to have the first chapter up in the next couple of days. Its takes so long to choose the best screenies though lol.

Thanks again for coming by. At least I'll have one person to control the story other than myself lol.

shogunfish

So, I have a suggestion that might help you get more readers. Put the name of your story on your siggy, so it's not just a picture and people will know to click on it.

jbfairybird

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to make a better one. I'll get it up with episode 1 because that's when the voting for things will start.

jbfairybird

I took a break from writing and did the siggy. I will have the chapter up later though.

Being sick in bed gave me time to type it lol.

jbfairybird

moved

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 02/04/12 05:30 AM

shogunfish

A.

Another suggestion. Every time you enter your save, with the intent to take pictures, go to the cheat box and type in
hideHeadlineEffects on
Exactly as I have typed it. This will remove the speech bubbles and skill bars from above their head, and make your pictures look better.

jbfairybird

Sorry for the ugly screenies.

I don't know how to use the cheat boxes actually. I'm still pretty new to the game. How do I open them?

I used fraps for the screenies but they come out better using the game's function?

I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately I still have a bunch of unused screenies so I think you'll notice my learning curve.

AN: I just thought I'd mention the kiss was unprompted by me and they were just at friend status so it caught me off guard. Threw me a great little curve there lol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/27/12 08:43 AM

jbfairybird

I changed the thread title so maybe it communicates the thread's purpose a bit better lol. So Bumping.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the problem I have with game files breaking? I have 2 worlds I have literally lost because I didn't save the sims and I really want to recreate? I'm wondering do you notice what sort of things corrupt the game file so I can avoid it in the future? Maybe its because I keep going into the Town Editor to check up on the goings on of the town's sims? I at first thought it came from switching houses since I split a family and switched so I could make thier house nice and *boom*.

I might try and put stories up for them as I restart, not in this formatt though, this thread is a unique experiment. I am going to be obsessively saving these guys and the townies lol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/28/12 04:44 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: