Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Freezing every few seconds  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Wraith70

What's happened? I've just downloaded and installed Master Suite and Pets, now the game is unplayable. Every few seconds the characters freeze. Everything else seems to keep going, water fountains, sounds ect but I cannot select another character, move round the map, select ANYTHING.

Not happy, seems like I've lost everything because I'll have to uninstall and re-install to see if I can get it to work. I've tried minimising all my settings, maxing them. Can't think of anything else I can do to get the **** game running again.

System Info:

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/27/2012, 17:14:56
Machine name: SIGSAUER-01
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2**** CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16360MB RAM
Page File: 2969MB used, 33389MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

how do I post my DXDiag here?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/27/12 07:39 AM

SVTony

Same thing is happening to me
Dreyer

me too, please fix this problem
hannahblackbelt

Same for me, and I haven't downloaded either expansion packs. It's just been acting up ever since I updated the game :/ I've tried running without custom content, lowest settings, everything.
loubear

I feel your pain on that score. I noticed that my game started lagging a bit after installing Pets but the game starting freezing every couple of minutes after installing Hidden Springs a few days ago. I don't have Master Suite so I know that's not the issue. What makes it worse is that my game become full of bugs after a day of solid freezing - the usual sims can't enter the house anymore, the stand in bed, go through the action of feeding a baby that they aren't holding etc etc

killed my little film - now I need to start all over
Dinahdoll22

This has been happening to me as well. I am not sure if it was the update or the master suites install, but it has gotten very annoying. It works beautifully for about 30 minutes and then starts freezing every few seconds.

ShiningForce40

I've had this happen. I started a new game and things seem to be working out okay. It sucks I had to start over, but on the plus side, all the created families are still there so I could just place them in a house.

Hopefully, it doesn't start freezing again.

Just in case it's helpful... I have only the original Sims 3. Downloaded whatever the newest patch was. Upon downloading it, everything was fine. Then, it was around 2 days later everything started freezing up for around 30-90 secs. By 'freezing' I mean that I couldn't move the cursor, and my characters stopped moving but the little diamond thing above their head would keep spinning and other ambiance sounds were still playing, like it would happen when someone was at work and you could still hear the work atmosphere.
robbiejacks

Ugh, my game is doing the same thing! It started yesterday, when I threw a party for baby Lilly's birthday. I thought it was the number of Sims in my lot, so I shooed everyone, but it still continued. Then I moved out of the house to another lot, to see if maybe it was a glitch in the lot, but it keeps freezing every 5 seconds! What do I do????????
Flamer259

I have the same problem, i hate that the game freezes.
The longer i play the more freezing i get.
And China is just out of the question
TwiztidStitches

I made a post similar to this. My game keeps crashing-flashing the game-it works for a second then completely freezes and stops working. I was doing something online as I was trying to work on it last night so I ran it in windowed mode with a higher resolution because it was so small and it actually worked! I was shocked-especially since I spent 4 hours with EA customer service and they kept trying to disable all of my running services-firewalls-whatever else was in the background because they said that my graphics driver wasn't updated even though I spoke with my computer manufacutor and it was up to date considering I got my computer...yesterday....
I thought it was pets because everyone seemed to be having issues and I did uninstall it-didn't help. So I wish you guys luck. It's a horrible bug taking out everyone it seems..
-TS

Addicted since 2000 and now I'm going through withdrawls....
carlythekewl

I'm also having this same issue.. it's so freaking annoying.
Bamm_Bamm_BOOM

I have the exact same problem, and in all honesty I think it's from the latest patch update, because mine was working fine up until I updated it last night and it literally freezes every couple of seconds (like others the plumbob still moves, sounds are still audible ect) then it'll work again after about 30 seconds, then 10 seconds after that it'll freeze again and it's just continuous, it's annoying!

I think EA tried to take on too much at once for one update, because if you look at the list [http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/-1359649085] < There, for pets there were so many faults with it that they decided to fix all at once..

Hopefully they'll either be another patch to fix it, or someone will figure out a solution too!
gecko_sis

i hate it when it dose that but i don't know what to do

New mags coming soon but in the mean time cheack this stuff out!

http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?action=de
fault&persona=gecko_sis
Rikleman

I stopped playing this game for quite a long time. That was back when Sims would become uncontrollable after playing a town for a while. Sims disappearing, waking up at night and teleporting to random areas of the house, refusing instructions, leaving work repeatedly for no reason, cars disappearing or staying where you parked them with no ability to move or sell them, etc. Tried playing again just today and experienced this frequent freezing after not even half a generation played. I don't even know if the previous bugs that originally caused me to quit still exist. Couldn't get to the point in the game where those started to crop up.

I have no custom content, no expansion packs (because I'm not going to pay for ex packs on a game that doesn't work) other than ambitions which came with the deluxe package. I've tried reinstalling and various bug fixes I could find on this or other forums. This game has never been playable for me. Very disappointing for someone who's been a fan of the franchise from the original game. I expect and can tolerate nuisance bugs. This game however has been riddled with massive bugs right from the beginning that cause the game to be unplayable. Meanwhile, purchasable content continues to be produced, with seemingly very little done to make the basic game function properly.

I realize this isn't particularly productive. I'm just highly disappointed and yeah, guess a little bit of venting.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/08/12 07:59 AM

bol247

Argh me too. I was having other issues with it, so i reformatted my entire computer, started from scratch, all so I could play Sims. Took all weekend... Sims worked fine, I abandoned my home-made town, (which I ADORED btw), just playing on Sunset Valley, went ok for the first day or so, and then out of nowhere, freezes for about 5 seconds at a time, every 5 seconds. I've exited game, turned settings up and down and round and round, restarted computer... I'm not about to do another uninstall or reformat, becuase I JUST did that - and I haven't installed anything else, just windows, office, device drivers, and sims. This is how much i love this game - i didn't even install any other games. Not even Skyrim. So if anyone has a fix, PLEASE OH PLEASE let me know, because i'm desperate. It's unplayable in this condition. And after all the effort this weekend to make it BETTER!! So annoyed.

I do have ambitions, world adventures, world builder, riverdale, high-end loft stuff, a bunch of ea-made content (faire folk, 1920s style, steampunk, things like that)... but it hasn't ever behaved THIS poorly before. Prior to the reformat, it was other things that were broken, like parties where nobody showed up, or failing to save games, people getting stuck in certain spots and constantly applauding weddings that finished days ago. Few other niggling things, seemed to be worth a reboot. But this is ridiculous. At least it was playable like that, so long as you were prepared to resetsim and testingcheats now and then. but what to do about the freezing??

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: