Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Master Suite Glitches and Crashes, Help?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Master Suite
Shanna1986

Hi All,

I installed Master Suite today and so far it hasn't gone well. If I try to load a saved world it will crash. If I open a new world, it will load but many of the menus are missing. In CAS if I click on Hair and Clothes, the next panel/menu does not appear. In Build and Buy mode the same thing happens. If I click on doors or fences or basically anything, the panel will not appear.

I tried adding MS to the DEP exceptions (along with the basegame and other expansions/stuff packs) but this had no effect.

Has anyone else seen this issue or found a solution? Thanks!

Annadenise

Do you have any mods or Custom Content?? Because sometimes certain mods or content can cause the crashes.

Shanna1986

Nope, I took out all the mods and CC and cleared my caches before installing Master Suite. So totally vanilla game that just doesn't want to run.

I'm also on a fairly new machine so I'm at or above all system requirements.

Australorp

O.o I just got Master Suite...

Maybe it's not compatible with some other EP or SP? Either way, it's not good news seeing as I happen to have them all...

Shanna1986

Yeah, I have all the EPs/SPs too. I used to play everything on this really old iMac and would have to uninstall and reinstall everything from the base game up every time a new addon came out. I'm wondering if I should do that on here? But I just bought this machine like 5 weeks ago!

chellexmarie

My next step would probably be just to uninstall and reinstall everything. that sucks though. And I'm not the most patient person in the world lol. Of course I guess you could also try just uninstalling and installing master suite real quick. I can say that I have every single ep and sp and my master suite ran just fine. The only thing I don't have is Hidden Springs.

feel free to add me on here [:
http://chellessimmies.tumblr.com/
Shanna1986

Yeah I uninstalled MS and Pets was borked, even though it worked just fine before. Currently reinstalling the base game. It just makes me wonder because I saw so many posts about people experiencing CTDs

Shanna1986

I backed up all my data, I uninstalled EVERYTHING, reinstalled everything in order and patched after each installation. Still crashing. I tried to load Sunset Valley and it immediately crashed.

stilljustme2

I can't even open the Launcher -- I get an "Unknown Error Occurred" box and nothing happens. I tried changing my Sims 3 folder name to see if I could create a new one and that didn't work. Looks like I'm going to be spending a fun several hours reinstalling every single game, and then hope I can get all my saved games and my creations (I've got several Sims I created but didn't upload to the Exchange, plus some houses I remodeled for my own use) back into my game.

To answer questions:

1. I'm on a Mac, running Lion, and I have no idea where they hid the Sims 3 Preferences file.
2. I'm patched through to 1.29, I removed my Mods folder, and I have no CC.

Pass the Kleenex -- I may cry.

Shanna1986

This is going to sound really weird, but I remembered when I played on my mac, sometimes adding back my mods folder and throwing in something from NRAAS or Awesomemod actually STOPPED the crashing. I tried it on my PC and somehow the crashing stopped. It makes absolutely no sense to me but somehow it stabilizes the game

stilljustme2

Shanna1986 wrote:This is going to sound really weird, but I remembered when I played on my mac, sometimes adding back my mods folder and throwing in something from NRAAS or Awesomemod actually STOPPED the crashing. I tried it on my PC and somehow the crashing stopped. It makes absolutely no sense to me but somehow it stabilizes the game

I tried moving my Mods folder back in, and that didn't work, so I'm reinstalling right now -- then I get to redownload all my Store stuff which really sucks. I just hope I can restore my saved games and my creations (I've got some houses I built for myself that I didn't upload to the Exchange, as well as some downloaded houses I really liked). A pain in the you know where...

Australorp

Hmm... I installed Master Suite but it doesn't seem to be crashing. Do you have your game updated to the latest patch? When I got the Pets patch my game kept crashing, so I disconnected from the internet, which worked.

GurlGamer05

My game crashed and I have the latest patch and have updated all my mods. I didn't have any issues with the game since getting my new computer til installing and trying to play master suite.

Annadenise

It happened once after I installed, but I had the same problem with Pets, I just went into my mods and cc and deleted ALOT of stuff that I didn't use anymore. Now more problem with crashing.

Myss_tury

I had problems with Pets but no problems what-so-ever with Master Suite. I def would look at the CC issue. Sorry I cant be of any real help

Post Reply Forum Index » Master Suite
Go to: