Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Purchased Items Not Appearing In Game?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
pmacklam

Though I have quite a few items that will not appear in game I purchased one today the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells just will not appear in my game.

I've downloaded the item and then installed while the game wasn't running and then load up the game (via Steam) and nothing it isn't anywhere.

I go back to the launcher and it says not installed, so I install again and it has a supposed success and a installed icon but again nothing.

Like I've said I could put a long list of items (mainly free items from store like the Ford cars or the Iams item) and nothing will appear.

I wanted to use most of my points up but will no longer do so if I cannot get content to appear.

Can anybody help me out as to why this happens?

Being on Steam the game is automatically upadted.
pmacklam

I've also now got this on a fully updated Origin as well so no purchased items appear on either.
pmacklam

Well still cannot get this to work and I've "spent" 1175 points on the following Premium content that will not install into my game with either Steam or Origin.

Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells
Uber Sani-Sim Toilet
Sharper Sim Foot Massage Chair

I find this unacceptable that this refuses to install especially as it has been paid for.

Does anybody have any help with this that can help resolve this issue?

Many thanks.
SimGuru_Gambit

Hello pmacklam,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with The Sims 3. I've included some FAQ's below for further assistance.

Adding Purchased Items to The Sims 3
http://help.ea.com/article/adding-purchased-items-to-the-sims-3

I can't see the item I purchased from The Sims 3 Store in my game
http://help.ea.com/article/i-cant-see-the-item-i-purchased-from
-the-sims-3-store-in-my-game

Please post back if your issues persist.

-Gambit-
Writin_Reg

Guru Gambit, isn't because Steam versions of the game have problems with the store why EA is pulling their games all off of Steam? This is an ongoing problem and those instructions were good before but not so good now. Even with non-steam games a lot of people complain as apparently Origin updates the launcher now and not everyone has Origin. If you read the small print at Origin it also tells you that you must have the latest version of adobe flash plasher as Origin needs the latest version. It doesn't say anything on those instructions about that.

Just like when we had the EADM we had to have the latest version of Adobe Air - it would help if the instructions were updated if these additional programs are needed to make the launcher work right.

I know it does too, because if Origin is not updated, then I have nothing but trouble with downloading store stuff and I do not have digital versions of these games - my games are all disk versions.

I just wish there were one set of instructions that actually work. It is a pain trying to help other download their stuff if the rules keep changing and no body tells us or updates the rules. Really now.

It is also confuses because it seems different for different people. How can this be?

pmacklam

Well I'm totally fed up with this now that no matter what I try the items though claiming to be installed through the launcher are not....to make matters worse in game they appear as to buy items off the store rather than already purchased.

I've updated any and all of my Adobe items as suggested but that didn't work.

I also tried to install the items even re downloaded on both Origin and Steam and nothing.

If it helps in case I'm not up to date -

Origin Beta version is 8.4.1.210 - 132428
Origin version of Sims 3 is 10.0.96.014017
Steam version of Sims 3 ia 10.0.97. 014017

I know it doesn't hinder the playing of the game but now it is the principle why bother to purchase off the store if it won't install?
SimGuru_Mobius

Hello pmacklam,

Your Sims 3 launcher appears to be out of date. If your launcher is out of date, your installed content will not appear. Please follow the instructions on this thread to manually update your game: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

If this does not resolve the issue, please post back.

((Mobius))
SimGuru_Gambit

Hello pmacklam,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with purchased content for The Sims 3. I've included some helpful FAQ's below for your specific issue.

I purchased an item on The Sims 3 Store, but I can't find it.
https://help.ea.com/article/i-purchased-an-item-on-the-sims-3-s
tore-but-i-cant-find-it

I can't see the item I purchased from The Sims 3 Store in my game
http://help.ea.com/article/i-cant-see-the-item-i-purchased-from
-the-sims-3-store-in-my-game

Please post back if your issues persist.

-Gambit-
Bellanoche

I am having trouble with not only items not appearing in game, but only parts of items installing, I bought an outfit from the store and all of it shows up except for the right leg.
somnipath

I have the same problem, I have downloaded and installed the downloaded item (in my case Africa inspired city side braids), it shows up as installed in the Game Launcher, however when I go to change my haircut in the mirror this item does not show up.
fleshapple

I am having the same problems as well.. apparently the "finest cooking"portion of that set is not installed--in my buy mode, it now shows these items as "purchaseable" directly from buy mode... but I already bought them. I have tried reinstalling them from game startup several times now with no progress. Upon further investigation, other items are having the same problems. I did purchase Master Suite stuff and install it today before noting these difficulties. I also attempted to apply the content patch, per the updater, but that did not fix the issue. Also, it continually asks me to reapply this patch when I start up buy mode.

I know well how to install items. I know well where to find them. I can see them in my game. However, the game is now claiming I didn't purchase them yet. Please help, though on reinstall it claims these items are "already installed". Please help.
Update: if I clicked on an item in buy mode that was free (the lips sofa, for example) and then tried to "purchase" it.. the game updated all the aforementioned stray items as purchased, and the issues resolved. I hope this helps somebody else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/12 04:05 AM

susimalweschuster

I have the same problem. We had the reinstall the sims 3 and now when I downloaded and installed all my store stuff from Purchase history it first says that it is installed but when I start my game it is gone. When I check again it isn't installed. I totally don't know what to do...
tunsama

I might figure out a way to fix this problem.

1.backup your save files
2.delete the C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder
3.start the game and let it recreate the folder I mentioned above.
4.download all your stuffs again, then install them. The content patch has nothing to do with this issue so just let it patch your purchased contents
5.copy your saves back to The Sims 3 folder
6.done

Note:You do not need to reinstall the game or use other softwares. I hope this could be the solution for this problem.
pmacklam

tunsama you are a genius.

I zipped up several folders and did as you said and it worked....well on the 3rd attempt as I kept bringing over a particular file which made the items not work.

So all was well until just now when I said to the wife I forgot to zip up the Saves folder so told her that her game from the original Sims 3 had been deleted.....oops.

Anyway all is well and my premium content and other items are in and working so thanks to everyone who took time to post and please follow the above suggestion.
spottykat2009

I just started having this problem when I installed the sims 3 Town Life Stuff. I already had the base game and sims 3 world adventures. I did what tunsama suggested, and it still didn't work. I was able to see my items I bought, but I'm frustrated because I especially cannot play with the hidden springs! It says the item are installed, but clearly they are not.

Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: