Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime & Patch 1.31/1.32/1.33 - Bug Thread  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
crinrict

@altheaquin: I'll add that report to the other. Was the bed bug fixed too ? Can't tell you which is the culprit if it wasn't just coincidence.

@julienrob2004: Present one has been reported. Should be on the list. I'll add your voice to it. I'll add the other issue.

@Tommy92: I'll add that

@JustKeepSimming: Do you have any other mods in ?

@KarinL: Sounds different from Tommy92 issue. I'll add.

Do you have any extra Sims in your sim bin or savedSims folder ?

@Gothicans: Do you only have a small drive ? If there's not enough space left on there, that might be your issue right there. You can also save a backup on a memory stick or a write it do a dvd. To use the factory setting solution, you're basically move stuff so it shouldn't not take up that much of extra space (just for the newly created folders)

@Terrylin: Thank you for your input. I've not gotten my game so I can't really say anything about it but maybe someone else can.

@veg_kathryn: Yes, the gurus did very good this time round. It got stickied before ST was even out.
What's the date on the PassportData.package file in your downlaods folder ? Did it change at all ? Did you do any other gigs that already got saved to that file ?

julienrob2004

Sims not recognising their own beds when they return from tours is not a new bug .
It happens (since Ambitions) as well when you send your adults away on the 3 day vacation leaving the teens home alone .

I also occasionally get the ringtones building up on top of each other so you hear 3 or 4 and see multiple ringtone note animations

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
crinrict

So this is not a new cloning issue but the same as with the free vacations.Something goes wrong when reapplying the information. I shall change that. Free vacations loose you all kinds of stuff

KarinL

julienrob2004 wrote:Sims not recognising their own beds when they return from tours is not a new bug .
It happens (since Ambitions) as well when you send your adults away on the 3 day vacation leaving the teens home alone.

I see - I never tried that before. So the fact that I can't cancel tours might be a side-effect of the old issue, then?

I removed all my Sims from the bin and the Exports folder, but I still can't cancel the two shows of my 'old version' Sims in SimPort.
Lea347

I don't know if this one is an issue.. I've just installed Showtime and I can't see all the options for the venues when I try to create a community lot (see the image below)

(The titles are in french)

In the menu I haven't got the "big shows" "private shows", "private clubs" and so on.. I can install the ones from the catalog, but if I want to create a new one, I can't set the right option for the lot

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/10/12 05:10 PM

Cassieblck

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? I am not using mods, but i do have some cc...not much.
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)I have never used mods in my game
4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? I have the showtime expansion pack
5. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 or 1.32 ? I have the newest patch...1.32
6. If you are on Patch 1.32 when (March 9th or after March 9th) did you patch and how (super patcher, incremental patch, patch Downloader, launcher)i patched the game on march 9th using the sims 3 launcher...my launcher will not load when i click on it now either
7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? i started a new game
8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? i am playing in the starlight one that came with showtime
9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) i have windows 7
10. Did you disable SimPort ? i did not disable simport, i don't even know how
11. Did you disable the Social Features ? i did not disable the social features...again i do not know how and i would not like to do that considering that i use those and the simport.

crinrict

@KarinL: Don't know where else they could be but the passportdata.package one but you don't want to pull that file you would loose all progress. You could move it to the desktop though to check if it's gone and then put it back. Then we at least know where it is.

@Lea347: seems you are missing the scroll bar. Any mods in your game ? Please also take the time to answer the questions in the second post

@Cassieblck: Ok. Thanks.

As for your launcher, do you have norton antivirus ? That likes to quarantine the launcher if you apply 1.32.

Cera13

I can't use simport without starting a new game and disabling all CC.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? Yes, I have sim cc and Nraas mods.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods Yes, I use master controller, debugenabler, overwatch, and story progression. I tried moving the mods folder out, didn't work.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Yes, above.

4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch? both

5. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 or 1.32? 1.32

6. If you are on Patch 1.32 when (March 9th or after March 9th) did you patch and how (super patcher, incremental patch, patch Downloader, launcher) The launcher.

7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones? I tried both.

8. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom? EA, Starlight Shores

9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7

10. Did you disable SimPort? no

11. Did you disable the Social Features? No

I can host sims just fine. I've checked my firewall, all origin is allowed. I'm not sure what else to try other than somehow getting rid of the last patch. I certainly am not one to play without CC, especially most of it is EA store items I've paid for.

chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

@chococat9: Does your hubbys computer maybe have more restrictive security features ? I would try using the same Computer. If I understand SimPort correctly, you can send him a request, quit your game and then have him log in and accept (you might need to transfer the savegame). This way, you'll find out if it's something about his account or the Computer (that is if you play on separate Computers).

As for corruption. I only have mods to recommend. Sorry.

He does play on a diff laptop. We tried changing some settings, nothing worked. We also tried logging him in on my laptop and sending that way, but I still didn't receive the request. It's so irritating, I've pretty much given up on that problem. I just don't understand how he can receive Simport requests, but not send.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestion for mods that will keep my game from going crazy and eating it's own limbs. I used to use mods, but it's been a while and I'm not sure which ones do what now.
chococat9

Location:I'm sittin' at a bar on the inside. Waitin' for my ride on the outside...

@cera13 when you try to send, does it act like it sent, but no one receives the requests? was just wondering bc my hub can also host sims, but can't send out requests. maybe we have the same problem? i just don't know what it is yet. he has no mods and no cc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 06:10 PM

Crizzy2468

Here is a bug I experienced twice yesterday...

I have a female sim in the film career (that's a Late Night career). I had a custom career outfit set for her. The film career is one of those careers that branches, and my sim went into the acting branch. When she got out of the shower the next morning, she didn't change into her career outfit -- she just stood there naked (with the censor bar over her of course)! Ok, that's just half of the problem...

So I click on her and choose "change outfit" and see there is only one career outfit, so I pick that. Then I click on a dresser to have her plan an outfit. Then the game freezes on the loading CAS page. I had to use the task manager to exit the game.

I tried this twice, and whenever she is wearing her film career outfit she cannot plan an outfit using the dresser. However, setting the second career outfit did work BEFORE her career branched.

Hope this all makes sense.

- No mods or 3rd party custom content. Only EA store content.
- I have never used mods.
- I have Showtime and all EPs. I have all SPs except Master Suites.
- I have the 1.32 patch.
- I started this current game after installing Showtime.
- I am using Starlight Shores.
- OS is Windows 7 (64 bit)
- Did not disable Simport or social features.
Cera13

chococat9 wrote:@cera13 when you try to send, does it act like it sent, but no one receives the requests? was just wondering bc my hub can also host sims, but can't send out requests. maybe we have the same problem? i just don't know what it is yet. he has no mods and no cc.

Nope, It takes about 6-9 minutes to book a tour, and then I get the booking tour failed notification.

Lea347

crinrict wrote:

@Lea347: seems you are missing the scroll bar. Any mods in your game ? Please also take the time to answer the questions in the second post

Sorry

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, a lot
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods, Twallan only, at least 8
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
4. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Showtime
5. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 or 1.32 ? 1.31
6. If you are on Patch 1.32 when (March 9th or after March 9th) did you patch and how (super patcher, incremental patch, patch Downloader, launcher)
7. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? an existing one
8. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Hidden Springs
9. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista
10. Did you disable SimPort ? yes
11. Did you disable the Social Features ? Yes
crinrict

I've added the failed to book show issue to the third post. Could anyone with the issue answer those extra questions. Thank you. There are also a few suggestions and two threads links where you might find further ideas.

---

getting back to the rest later.

Cera13

crinrict wrote:I've added the failed to book show issue to the third post. Could anyone with the issue answer those extra questions. Thank you. There are also a few suggestions and two threads links where you might find further ideas.

---

getting back to the rest later.

If you have this, please provide some info about your game:

1. How many Sims are in your household ?

2. Do you have the required levels ? Yes, acrobat level 2

3. Is your sim human or occult or a mixture ? human

4. Have you tried other Sims ? Nope, have none else at the level high enough.

5. Do you have any issues with other social features ? no

6. Does your friend see anything from your Sim ? I only had one successful trip, nothing reported as missing.

7. Are you using Overwatch or ErrorTrap ? Overwatch, removing it didn't help.

8. Does the Sim you try to send have any CC ? I tried with 3rd party cc and ea store content. Would only work with cc disabled.

Thank you crinrict!

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: