Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My sports sim doesn't win ANY game anymore!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
LawMyLove

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anybody knew anything about a possible glitch/bug that came with the latest patch. I have a sim who is on level 7 of the sports career, and so far, she has managed to lose EVERY single game she played. The home team never scores any goals either...
I always make sure she is 100% prepared for every game, and her needs/mood are high as well, so I know that's not the problem.
I have had sports sims before and none of them ever lost a game, so I find it strange that now 3 games in a row are lost...

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised that this is some kind of bug, because we all know when EA fixes something, they break something else...
Simfreak89

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I have a sim in the sports carreer too and she loses every single game she plays. My sims used to win all the time. I was just hoping it wasn't yet ANOTHER bug, but seeing this it probably is. All these bugs make me wanna plays the sims 2 again...

cwaddell

That has happened to my sports sim also. He was at level 10 athletics and level 9 career (superstar) and was good friends or best friends with all his teammates. He practiced for the game the day before and sometimes both days before a game and he always went to the game in good mood.

My sim worked at the combined school/stadium (like in AP) and I was wondering if it was that building or was the problem occurring for sims who worked at the stand alone stadium.

LawMyLove

Cwaddell,

Now that you mention it, my sim is also working at the combined school/stadium in Appaloosa Plains... whereas before I always had them in Sunset Valley or another town with the stand-alone stadium.
It might be worth giving it a go to see whether the same problem occurs with the stand-alone stadium, if it doesn't, then we know it's the building.
Simfreak89

^It could be the building. That's where my sim works...

LawMyLove

Well, after what Cwaddell said, I went back into my game and deleted the school/stadium building. And my sim promptly started winning games again! So there indeed seems to be a bug in the building...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/05/12 03:32 PM

cwaddell

Thanks so much for testing it.

In my game that I'm playing for The Fortune Teller's Revenge Story I went ahead and used the fact that the whole town boo'ed the father of my main sim as part of the story. She was going to be disillusioned with "society" anyway but this just turned her against everyone that much more.

I tried replacing the stadium in my game but it messed up the father's job. He had to start over and his next game was days away so I backed out. The father has since died so I will go ahead and replace the stadium now.

My game is in Meadow Glen so it's not just Appaloosa Plains.

Tommy92

@LawMyLove: Did you replace it with the same rabbit hole? I'm having the same issue, I cannot win any games which is obviously really annoying.
shogunfish

This is happening to me, as well! It's really annoying!

MalkavianJeff

I think they made it a lot harder (nearly impossible). Someone in another forum mentioned he took out the stadium and replaced it with one of the core game stadiums and is back to winning. Someone could possibly release a mod to change the difficulty...or wait until EA fixes this ridiculous issue. I don't mind the idea of a challenge but almost never winning isn't worth a the career.
Stormkeep

It is another one of the infamous combo-building glitches. I had the same problem in my game. Replacing it with a stand-alone stadium fixed it. Obviously I also had to put down a stand-alone school.

The Goodkind ABC Legacy Family
chralex08

I can delete the combo stadium, but I can't see how to replace it... could anyone help?
sophiaser84

No one seems to have replied to the above, how do you replace the combo arena with singles? Please help this is getting annoying!
cwaddell

First you will need 2 lots, one for the school and one for the stadium. If you do not know how to create you own school lot and your own stadium lot then you can go into other towns you have that have stand alone schools and stadiums, say Sunset Valley, and save those lots to your library/bin.

1. Start the town/game that you want to play in, go into town edit, create a lot big enough for your saved stadium lot and place it on this new lot.
2. Bulldoze the combined school stadium lot, leaving the empty lot.
3. Go into your game and see if your athlete is employed at this new stadium at his current job level. (The reason you don't bulldoze the old school/stadium first and them build the stadium is because your athlete will loose their job and need to start all over from the beginning at the new stadium.)
4. If your old bulldozed combo school/stadium lot is big enough to hold the saved stand alone school place it on it and you are all set. If it is not big enough then you will need to create another lot that is big enough to hold the saved school.

You can create your own lots with rabbit holes on them but that is another whole topic.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/13 01:28 PM

Donnathesinger

cwaddell wrote:
First you will need 2 lots, one for the school and one for the stadium. If you do not know how to create you own school lot and your own stadium lot then you can go into other towns you have that have stand alone schools and stadiums, say Sunset Valley, and save those lots to your library/bin.

1. Start the town/game that you want to play in, go into town edit, create a lot big enough for your saved stadium lot and place it on this new lot.
2. Bulldoze the combined school stadium lot, leaving the empty lot.
3. Go into your game and see if your athlete is employed at this new stadium at his current job level. (The reason you don't bulldoze the old school/stadium first and them build the stadium is because your athlete will loose their job and need to start all over from the beginning at the new stadium.)
4. If your old bulldozed combo school/stadium lot is big enough to hold the saved stand alone school place it on it and you are all set. If it is not big enough then you will need to create another lot that is big enough to hold the saved school.

You can create your own lots with rabbit holes on them but that is another whole topic.

I know this is an old post but I wanted to thank you and bump this in case others have the same problem. I only recently started playing in Moonlight Falls and ran into this issue. I followed your instructions exactly and the issue is gone. Winning games again! So thanks.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: