Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Some Ways to solve the Empty Club Syndrome  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Anavastia

Okay so if you're like me, you have some problems with your clubs and what not right. With showtime coming out we're all worried about the open venues we make being empty. Well yesterday Cryon and Aznsensi helped me figure out some ways to get more people in my clubs and other places.

So first to understand why we get the empty club we have to understand how the sims routing works and what determines the number of sims at your club.

There are several contributing factors to why clubs may be consistently underpopulated: First, the existence of restricted-membership clubs results in an endless visitor reject loop where visitors sent to your club are repeatedly rejected, tying up available visitor slot counts in the process, resulting in no one appearing, as the game does not sanity-check visitors to see if they are actually allowed in the club before sending them. Second, the fact that the open neighborhood means that other sims have THINGS to be doing, rather than always being available to dance for your amusement like in TS2, limits the number of sims available to appear at any given time. Thirdly, computer specs and you can find out the number the cpu specs have given you by going to computer/documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and their is a little note pad document that says Device Config. You can see the number it has assigned you

!!!Warning Please!!!

lease be cautious about the GraphicsRules.sgr file you don't want to tamper with it unless you know what you are doing. You could put your computer in Jeopardy and you will have to change it back when you install a new expansion or stuff pack.
I only posted this so users have a good idea how many sims are coming into their clubs.

If your cpu rating is
1 than 4 to 5 sims will come to your lot
2 than 9 to 10
3 than 13 to 15
4 than 20

So we can solve some of these problems.

1. Restrictions to the club. The bouncer and the red ropes play a big part in restrictions. If you have empty club syndrome you can delete the red ropes and get rid of the bouncer. Or you can change the bouncer to admit all. Some other things to help, is make sure you have wide enough stairs for sims to travel up and down. Also the elevator can cause empty clubs because normally there is just one and sims tend to get stuck on it. Evently they cancel and go home. So adding a second elevator to the building you made may help, adding some stairs with an elevator can help, or just removing the elevator can also help.

2. So the other problem is residents in the area. How is your town designed and where have you placed the clubs. If you place the clubs far away from were sims are living it does affect how many people come to the club. It makes it easier for sims that live near by to route to a club in their area. So make sure you place a few families around the clubs.

3. The game actually doesn't fill the clubs before the sims are there, it fills it after your sims are there so if you go to a hotspot it will be empty. Wait around for simms to come especially if you've followed step 1 and step 2. In about 30 min game time people should be arriving. Now ways you can help that is make friends near the clubs, friends tend to follow your sim a lot better. Another way to help that is place a people with certain party traits near the clubs as well.

4. The last one is really about specs. With low end computers your will just about see 4 sims in your club. However you can improve some of the lag and specs by using Twallan's Overwatch mod. He also has a mod called Realitivity that slows down in game time but the sims still operate at the same speed. What does is give you more time to play at night in the clubs. You can also use Twallan's mod for turning off the street muscians, so that people will go to your clubs. It's Twallan's StoryProgression mod.
Map view -> Town hall -> NRaas -> StoryProgression -> general options -> Options:Skills -> Push street musician. Switch it to off.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Or if you use Awesomemod make sure you disable NoCommunityStalkerSwarm as it will stop the community from following you to lots. Kind of defeats the purpose of filling up the open venue.

5. In a given town make sure that you don't put clubs in areas that have a lot for simmers to do already. Generally speaking if you place them next to the bistro's and dinners sims are more likely to go eat or go shop at the book store than come to the club. So you'll want to make sure location is important. Also make sure there is just not too many in one area. Though once your sims is on the lot they should be routing to your sim.

You can also check whether rabbit holes like the grocery and the book store are marked as "no visitors allowed". That prevents way more Sims from gathering on these (not all actually, don't know why) and they will head for better places.

6. They type of sim does play a part of what they find attractive at your open venue. Party animals sims probably will drift more towards dance clubs than exclusive clubs. Same with rich, celebrities, vampires, etc. So make sure the club has a theme and you have the sim for that club in that zone. Like i wouldn't put a vampire club and then no vampires in the area.

7. I'm going to say watch for the size of the club. I noticed my very large buildings are much more empty than the smaller ones. When i mean large lol i mean i never can get my huge boxed shape building quite right and always feel bigger is better lol. but perhaps this is very bad as the music is not reaching in the area, or could be causing routing issues, as normaly i make them too big and they have upper floors and what not lol!!! 4 story club probably is a no no.

8. Also someone pointed out that other maps have a harder time of gravitating sims. What has helped me is converting lots that generally have a gravitation to them like the outdoor pool i turned to an aqua club. The Gym i turned into a dance club. O.o um oh yeah i took one of the small parks and turned them into a bar and then placed a little housing around it. So maybe that will help you as well, not sure. You can try this and see if it works for you or not. Only reason why is the other maps dont really have much room for clubs so you have to manipulate the town a bit to get them in there.

If anyone has any other suggestions to help people with the empty club syndrome they have please post them. Thank you.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/08/12 06:53 PM

LadyVampiress

Location:In the graveyard , looking at my latest Victim.. (RIP) dear

I build less clubs and only place whats really needed.. dance club and a watering hole.. they seen to be filled all the time.. you could try that..
adityaraj

i just use two of the clubs
the grind dance club
and plasma 501
i think with too many clubs the sims get scattered as a result the empty club syndrome......though at times it seems the plasma is almost empty......and yea i noticed a lot of the sims get stuck in elevators..its kinda irritating and its happened to me a few tyms......sometimes the sim gets stuck behind the elevator in the dark area .....
catloverplayer

I didn't think about setting the bouncer to admit everyone. That sounds like a great idea. To me the Aquarius should be a happening place.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Anavastia

adityaraj wrote:i just use two of the clubs
the grind dance club
and plasma 501
i think with too many clubs the sims get scattered as a result the empty club syndrome......though at times it seems the plasma is almost empty......and yea i noticed a lot of the sims get stuck in elevators..its kinda irritating and its happened to me a few tyms......sometimes the sim gets stuck behind the elevator in the dark area .....

Lol i have about 5 clubs sometimes on my map because i can't decide. However only one i managed to actually get full and that was my aqua club all the rest were empty. So even if it's not a hot spot the sims should be routing to where your sim is at any club no matter how many clubs are on the map. Cause they don't fill the club before you get there they gravitate towards if after lol. Sort of like they put the cart before they have the horse.

So these are ways to help make sure they are gravitating towards your hang outs and what not. Especially with 3 new open venues coming.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/12 07:11 PM

Cinebar

I followed all the suggestion of hows to get more Sims in the clubs..but nothing worked. I haven't tried hacks.
I even altered the GraphicRule sgr files... I am not unfamilar how to do that...but still Sims seem to not be in any of the clubs.

The only ones I see often and maybe two or three with one or two 'townies' are paparazzi. If you mouse over who are in the clubs nintey percent of them are all paparazzi.

If you try to alter a regular world...Sims aren't attracted to the clubs. It is in the game code (somewhere) if you go looking for them in a regular town, they will all be at the hottub, pool, or bookstores, or a hangout you have made, or even the park.

Just as coding makes Sims 'attracted' to a place or object, it should have been programmed to attract Sims to a hotspot like hens to rice. If they had programmed the game to make Sims attracted to objects (as in the coffee bar, instruments etc. in the old days) they should have programmed the game to make Sims flock to 'places' other than a bookstore, gym, park, etc.
ETA: I have found if they have too many places to go and too many things to do, the clubs are even emptyier. Mark bookstores as No vistors etc....then you won't see Sims hanging around at restaurants, and bookstores and more inclined to go where they can have some fun. Your Sim can still go in and buy a book, or even eat in the restaurant but Sims won't be hanging around outside, anymore.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/12 08:20 PM

AznSensei

I dunno if this is relevant or anything but:

Certain Clubs, Lounges, and Bars attract sims of certain traits. If there are traits that aren't "club" atmosphere-like, the sim will likely to avoid.

An example would be like if more party animals are in your town, they would appear more often in clubs. If there's a lot of shy or loner types, they won't appear in clubs.

However, I don't know if that's fully proven or not.

Cinebar

AznSensei wrote:I dunno if this is relevant or anything but:

Certain Clubs, Lounges, and Bars attract sims of certain traits. If there are traits that aren't "club" atmosphere-like, the sim will likely to avoid.

An example would be like if more party animals are in your town, they would appear more often in clubs. If there's a lot of shy or loner types, they won't appear in clubs.

However, I don't know if that's fully proven or not.

I thought so to, but my party animals Are out in the middle of a field playing the drums/solo.

And I noticed the 'game' decides someone is gonna have a 'party' the very night a place turns into a HotSpot...so many are at that party where my Sim wasn't invited and clubs empty.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/12 08:31 PM

Katnap

Bookmarking for future reference. I've never had this problem, but it's still nice to know.

Thanks, Ana

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/12 01:00 AM

slynnski

Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.

Hmmm, very strange. Out of curiosity, I looked at my DeviceConfig and here is what it told me:

GPU: 5
GPU Memory: 4
RAM: 4
CPU: 1

But I have had WAY more than 5 sims come to a lot at once...at most it has probably been 12 or 13 sims on one lot at a time. And no lag or crashing or anything while they were all there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/12 09:24 PM

Participate in my contest!
MGSFan612

Another tip is not to have a ton of clubs in your town. if you have too many choices for sims to make there will be less sims at each.

Also having a lot of employees at the club also probably cuts down on the amount of visitors.(i.e. bartenders, bouncers, musicians, etc)

I usually have 4-7 townie sims visit clubs I really don't see the point in having more than that who interacts really with more than 3 sims in that amount of time?

AznSensei

MGSFan612 wrote:Another tip is not to have a ton of clubs in your town. if you have too many choices for sims to make there will be less sims at each.

Also having a lot of employees at the club also probably cuts down on the amount of visitors.(i.e. bartenders, bouncers, musicians, etc)

I usually have 4-7 townie sims visit clubs I really don't see the point in having more than that who interacts really with more than 3 sims in that amount of time?

I don't think it's the interaction that is the idea/purpose of the thread. It's actually the atmosphere to actually have a club-like feel.

If you've gone to a club, especially one that's popular you would see more than 4-7 people at a club... heck even close to over 100. The point is if one is ranked to have 20 sims in one lot, there should be around 20 sims at a club which I find significant and decent for a game like this.

Anavastia

slynnski wrote:Hmmm, very strange. Out of curiosity, I looked at my DeviceConfig and here is what it told me:

GPU: 5
GPU Memory: 4
RAM: 4
CPU: 1

But I have had WAY more than 5 sims come to a lot at once...at most it has probably been 12 or 13 sims on one lot at a time. And no lag or crashing or anything while they were all there.

However i wonder if your over all score is 3. because in mine i had a 2 cpu ratings. My over all score was 4. It also depends on if you are playing on high settings or low settings. If i averaged that out im guessing you come around 3.

catloverplayer

I wish they could use the new crowd feature for clubs but I've read it will only work in the new stages and venues.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Anavastia

Cinebar wrote: I followed all the suggestion of hows to get more Sims in the clubs..but nothing worked. I haven't tried hacks.
I even altered the GraphicRule sgr files... I am not unfamilar how to do that...but still Sims seem to not be in any of the clubs.

The only ones I see often and maybe two or three with one or two 'townies' are paparazzi. If you mouse over who are in the clubs nintey percent of them are all paparazzi.

If you try to alter a regular world...Sims aren't attracted to the clubs. It is in the game code (somewhere) if you go looking for them in a regular town, they will all be at the hottub, pool, or bookstores, or a hangout you have made, or even the park.

Just as coding makes Sims 'attracted' to a place or object, it should have been programmed to attract Sims to a hotspot like hens to rice. If they had programmed the game to make Sims attracted to objects (as in the coffee bar, instruments etc. in the old days) they should have programmed the game to make Sims flock to 'places' other than a bookstore, gym, park, etc.
ETA: I have found if they have too many places to go and too many things to do, the clubs are even emptyier. Mark bookstores as No vistors etc....then you won't see Sims hanging around at restaurants, and bookstores and more inclined to go where they can have some fun. Your Sim can still go in and buy a book, or even eat in the restaurant but Sims won't be hanging around outside, anymore.

Location is key too. Like for example, I made one of my clubs out of the outdoor swimming pool in sunset valley. Literally i changed the lot type for it. That place was always jumping off. The reason why is if you look across the street there were three houses over there and sims from the park drifted into the club. So let's say you make the club near the theater venue's are stadium, you would have a harder time because on that side of the street there aren't very many houses.

The way the other town maps are designed is probably the problem as to why the clubs are empty. Like for example all the parks and what not are in the center of the town. Rarely do i see the Laandgrabs come down to the center of the town. So if the housing is far away from the open venue it seems they aren't going to route across town for it. The only time i really noticed a laandgrab in the park is either they were getting groceries or going to eat. Then they come visit the park. If i made friends with one i saw them more often. It's just a guess. If you use an different map you might have to overhaul how it looks.

My guess is its that it calls the sims that are in that zone to come to your sim. So That's why i suggested building it a little bit away from the rabbit holes and making sure you put maybe like 2 or 3 houses around it. Becareful of routing issues sometimes stairs, elevators, even the hills can cause sims not to route to the venue's. So making sure that one area isn't full of venue's is key. I know in sunset valley if you're placing a bar in a zone that has 3 rabbit holes you migh be competiting. Though it shouldn't be an issue.

Also the type of club does count i think like if you have party animal traits but you don't have the club up they drift to they probably won't go to the club you have. The same for celebrities and vampires, and other types of trait i think they like a certain theme. For sunset valley if you're using default sims they may not have any of the new traits at all so you might have to make some sims and place them into the town while story progression is off.

I will add that if you have too much to do in one area sims are less likely to route to the club. Though i can't really help with the party invitation part, i have to do some research and see if there is a way to turn it off.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: