Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Where do you get the pet ducks and chickens?  XML
Forum Index » Pets
FlamingoKicker1

I noticed something when my sims were on vacation in China. I had to have one go buy ingredients for a dish and I noticed there were recipes to make lots of pet foods and it said you could make pet duck food and pet chicken food.

BUT I've never seen any pet ducks or chickens in the game. Are these only available in the foreign countries or do you think they originally meant to put them in the finished Pets expansion pack and then decided not to and didn't bother removing the recipes for the pet foods?

piratekitag

There are not any pet ducks or chickens in the game, nor were they ever suppose to be in the game.

The duck food and chicken food you see is not food for those specific animals, but a flavor of food to feed to dogs and cats. There is duck and chicken formula food for dogs and cats in real life too. Doesn't mean it's meant to be fed to ducks or chickens but that it is the main meat source in the food.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/08/12 11:59 PM

FlamingoKicker1

Oh that makes sense. It was confusing cause they have "Fish Pet Food" which I guess means it tastes like fish NOT that it is pet food FOR fish.

For animals that will drink out of the toilet and lick all parts of their bodies I guess making sure they get good tasting food is important. LOL
lauren185817

FlamingoKicker1 wrote:Oh that makes sense. It was confusing cause they have "Fish Pet Food" which I guess means it tastes like fish NOT that it is pet food FOR fish.

For animals that will drink out of the toilet and lick all parts of their bodies I guess making sure they get good tasting food is important. LOL

awww i was wondering the same thing, but i guess it makes sense now that i think about it. wish we still could have those pets as i do have a pet duck and chicken in real life. Tender and Quackers, i get eggs from them. i was thinking my sim could get eggs from the pet chicken at least. would have been neat. i think if they were to kind of make it kinda like a farming thing? have sheep to take the wool off of and you can make certain clothes, blankets, and/or sell it, have a chicken coop for eggs, cows for milk and special recipes. i dunno maybe not to many would get interested in it
columbia93

Are you kidding? Heard of Farmville?!?!? An addition like that would probably go "hog wild"!

Going WAY back, a Sims 1 creator had a custom chicken that would lay eggs, eat, etc. Can't remember if they had bunnies in S2 or just S1...I can do without the skunks and penguins but would love to have bunnies running around. I've just installed Pets so am still looking around....
Mockingjay_sing

You actully can get at least chickens on TS3. You can buy a coop on the store, and it costs about 700 (sorry if thats wrong) sim points. You cant take them out or anything, but you can get eggs and talk to them. How this helps!

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: