Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Creat-A-Household wont Load!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
TiffanyJette

Was playing the sims 3 base game and it was working great but just yesterday i went to play everything loaded great then i clicked on creat a household and it stuck on the loading screen, music played and the loading thing spun but it just never went to creat a household... Well just today i went and bought the sims 3 Pets and the same thing happened Create a household just wont load. Can someone please help me!!!
bob007

Welcome to the forums. Installing a pack on a game that already has problems seldom fixes it. Where does the game get stuck? Can you select a saved town?

ladiiace

My game is also getting stuck in the loading screen, but it's when I try to plan outfit. I'm thinking it has something to do with a recent patch because it never did it until now. I have also tried removing custom content, and started a new family to make sure it wasn't that. I updated to 1.33 (I think that's the most recent patch) and it seemed to fix it for a while but today it has done it again.

I have all the expansions except a couple of stuff packs. I wonder if it is the newest, Showtime, that is glitched or something. I am also going to test it, but it seems to be happening when I try to plan outfit when my sim is in their work outfit.

If this is the wrong place to post this please redirect me. This is the closest thing I have found to my problem.
ladiiace

Ok, so I just reloaded the game, changed her into her every day outfit by clicking on her, then went to the dresser to plan outfit and it didn't get stuck on the loading screen! Yay! Still a problem that should be addressed but at least there is a temporary fix
dandykong

I'm not sure, but it may have something to do with the scriptCache.package or CasPartCache.package file. I used a mod to transform a sim into a genie, gave the game a very thorough test run, and Create-a-Sim wouldn't work after transforming the sim. I quit without saving and restarted. I didn't even purchase the "Sim Transformer" object, and it still wouldn't work. I quit without saving again, moved the Sim Transformer mod to the desktop, ran Sims 3, and it still wouldn't work! I put it back, did some testing, and found out that the CAS screen loads after an extremely long wait.
begaltiger

dandykong wrote:I'm not sure, but it may have something to do with the scriptCache.package or CasPartCache.package file. I used a mod to transform a sim into a genie, gave the game a very thorough test run, and Create-a-Sim wouldn't work after transforming the sim. I quit without saving and restarted. I didn't even purchase the "Sim Transformer" object, and it still wouldn't work. I quit without saving again, moved the Sim Transformer mod to the desktop, ran Sims 3, and it still wouldn't work! I put it back, did some testing, and found out that the CAS screen loads after an extremely long wait.

THat's alost exactly my problem! I a new to downloading mods and all that stuff, but there was this skn i didnt like and the dad and daughter in my family both had it but they were genies and you cant use the cheat "edit sim in create a sim" on an occult. I deleted the skin and couldnt get it back, so the sims were all black. I dowloaded the same mod to cure them of being genies and change their skin tones back to normal, but ive cured them of being genies, now it gets stuck on the CAS loading screen. i guess i can remove the mod after their changed, then i can can edit them, then i can put the mod back on a change them to genies again. That's a good idea, I'm gunna try that.

edit: Sadly, it doesnt work. if you try to do it afterwards it still freezes and if you close down the game and start it up again they turn back. i guess ill have to find the skin again and just live with it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/13/12 10:26 PM

Tell me about it. Reaping souls on an empty stomach is the worst.
Coolgamer321

I know its probably a little late to post this but i have resently downloaded stuff from the exchage and the first time i played it with all the content it was fine but now create a sim JUST WONT LOAD!!!
I am so annoyed please please please can someone help!!!!!!!!
pigsnow

t the Same thing happened to me and still have the problem please help me
DawnLBrown

Sounds like you have bad custom content. See this link for removing it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

Simgirl2003

I'm trying to turn off the game then go back on
team_edward_4ever

dandykong wrote:I'm not sure, but it may have something to do with the scriptCache.package or CasPartCache.package file. I used a mod to transform a sim into a genie, gave the game a very thorough test run, and Create-a-Sim wouldn't work after transforming the sim. I quit without saving and restarted. I didn't even purchase the "Sim Transformer" object, and it still wouldn't work. I quit without saving again, moved the Sim Transformer mod to the desktop, ran Sims 3, and it still wouldn't work! I put it back, did some testing, and found out that the CAS screen loads after an extremely long wait.

How long of a wait are we talking about here? Because I'm having the same problem and I have not only ADD, but also ADHD, so I get pretty impatient and frustrated waiting for these things.

The first time it happened to me was a few days or so ago, on the day that they released that new online SimCity thing and were having all those problems with the servers and everyone was uber mad at them, and my dad said, "Well, if the game connects to the server, then that might have something to do with it," and I told him that it's possible for it to connect, but I didn't know if mine was connected at the time or not, so I decided to just quit the game and come back after a little while to try again. Well, I did, and it still didn't work, and now, about two or three days later, I'm STILL having the same problem, and to be totally honest, it's kind of starting to tick me off.

☁Fe, fi, fo, fum,
Ask not whence the thunder comes.
For between Heaven and Earth is a perilous place,
Home to a fearsome giant race.♔
DawnLBrown

team_edward_4ever

Have you tried checking for bad CC as per the link suggested?

team_edward_4ever

......Please excuse me now while I go and bang my head against the wall.

UPDATE FROM THE NOT-SO-DISTANT FUTURE: Okay, so I just got done looking through what's on the link, but now I have another problem. I have NO IDEA which category mine would fall under! I looked at the "CC that crashes/freezes your game," but I know for a fact that I never downloaded any of the stuff pictured in that category, so I don't know what else it might be.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/11/13 07:05 PM

☁Fe, fi, fo, fum,
Ask not whence the thunder comes.
For between Heaven and Earth is a perilous place,
Home to a fearsome giant race.♔
SamanthaJustine03

Soo I was having the same issue as you all.

The loading screen for entering create a household would just be "stuck" loading.. forever... I left the game running for hours and it still would not load!
I would have to keep CTRL ALT DEL and end game that way.

But... I found the problem!

I thought it was my CC but turns out it wasn't.

All I had to do was do an update on my game... I did not know I needed an update because I had deleted Origin after installing my games. So I downloaded Origin again and went to my game launcher clicked "Game updates" "Refresh" and downloaded the new update.

When I first clicked the Create a household button after update it did take a moment to load but it worked!

I Hope this helped you all!

These are the sites that helped me get rid of my unwanted CC and helped fix my "Create new household not loading" issue.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-get-rid-of
-unwanted-custom-content.html

http://equusforum.equus-sims.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=300
0&sid=cca79dd0f1f2105ab3d3c98c517ed9ba

Good Luck!
hazzely

i am having a proble with my create a household. i downloaded things off the exchange then i tryed to get on my game and create my sims but it is getting stuck at the loading screen.... plzzz anyone help i dont wont to delete my exchange stuff but will i have to... HELP

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: