Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
World Editor  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
sophiedogsim9

I am very lucky and have all the TS3 EPs and SPs.

I'm not good and building and such but do like trying to edit existing towns. E.g. placing the new school, library etc. This is nearly impossible however. I've found that when you delete existing buildings you aren't able to place new lots in the empty spaces. Yes, I've bulldozed everything and get told there are still lots there when I go to place a new lot.

I really do feel that world editor needs improving. The Sims 2 was so simple! You had a space - you placed your lot! I feel we should have more control over how we edit our towns. It must be possible! I feel like a lot of other players about this. It really showed up with Late Night when it was impossible to upgrade other towns with the existing venues as the lots were so big and we weren't able to place new lots to add the venues.
Pepperbutt

Are you sure it's a small enough not that it's not hitting others, or on a road, or trying to flatten unroutable terrain, or.. uh. On top of a tree?

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
EmmyBird

Technically the world editor is in beta, so they are "improving" it. Though it probably won't come out of beta for a while, if it all.

EDIT: Argh, dumb sick days. I thought you meant Create-A-World.

Are you putting it on a road, or an area very close to the edge of town?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/11/12 06:23 PM

murfeel

Pepperbutt wrote: unroutable terrain

That's the main culprit. You see a space you naturally assume should be available, but no matter how big or small the lot, it won't plop down. Why? Cuz EA's a big meanie with too many unroutable sections in perfectly routable areas!

Nintendo277

I understand this problem very well. I don't know how many times I've bulldozed a lot and then found myself unable to replace it. I've tried placing lots on what looks like open terrain and found myself restricted by "unroutable terrain".
This is why I have a hard time picking a world to play in. Every new expansion pack ads new community lots, but every new world introduced only includes community lots from that pack, they're incomplete. And for me, the in-game town editor and the create a world are difficult to use and a lot of work. I would love it if every time a new pack comes out, a new world was also created that included all the community lots introduced in the game. Even if it was only available through the store, I would buy it.

Dave
pc452000

I'm glad I'm not the only person having issues placing new buildings in game.. I have also tried making world editor towns, which is pretty frickin' hard.. EA could make the neighborhoods easier to customize if they used the same rules as they did in TS2.. most TS3 lots are next to curved roads.. which makes replacing them impossible..

Straighten out those roads EA.. Please???

(Anyone feel free to add me I always want new friends)

Add me if you want pc452000
sophiedogsim9

Hi sorry I've been away for a bit. But thanks for your answers. I'm glad I don't feel so alone now! To give a clearer example, if I buldoze the school in Sunset Valley I can't place the 'new' school which is a lot smaller if I try to place a smaller lot! I can place it if I just put it on the existing large lot but I wanted to create some space for other buildings. I can't figure out why - I agree EA are meanies - LOL.
Callum9432

murfeel wrote:
Pepperbutt wrote: unroutable terrain

That's the main culprit. You see a space you naturally assume should be available, but no matter how big or small the lot, it won't plop down. Why? Cuz EA's a big meanie with too many unroutable sections in perfectly routable areas!

It's not quite as simple as that. There is more to it, but it's kind of hard to explain.

It isn't really something you will understand until you've spent a lot of time using CAW.

Mstybl95

I have found a not-so-solution to this problem. It is a pain in the butt and hardly worth the trouble. After bulldozing the lot, save and exit the game. Don't do anything other than immediately saving and exiting. After starting the game back up you may be able to place a lot in that spot. I have used this method in sunset valley, but it only works about half of the time. So you see, it probably is a major waste of time. It's better to just learn to craft your own world and leave plenty of space for expansion.

jimmysnan

I tried CAW and I cannot figure it out. It is very hard to place roads. I do not know if I am missing something but, I wish there were roads already built that you caould just grab a section and re-route them, and have the town be able to do that in the game, and you would not need create a world at all.

We are all of us, angels with only one wing and together we fly. Thanks for helping me soar.

kittana514

jimmysnan wrote:I tried CAW and I cannot figure it out. It is very hard to place roads. I do not know if I am missing something but, I wish there were roads already built that you caould just grab a section and re-route them, and have the town be able to do that in the game, and you would not need create a world at all.

http://bearmtncreations4sims3.com/index.php?/topic/50-caw-basic
-road-tutorial/

This helped me alot.

Miss you so much <3
RIP 6/20/1940 - 2/7/2012
Callum9432

jimmysnan wrote:I tried CAW and I cannot figure it out. It is very hard to place roads. I do not know if I am missing something but, I wish there were roads already built that you caould just grab a section and re-route them, and have the town be able to do that in the game, and you would not need create a world at all.

The reason you can't do that in game is because it affects the routing. Roads are set up to allow Sims' cars to drive on them. Unless the creator makes the ground unroutable, the terrain is too steep or it is underwater, Sims and Animals are automatically allowed to walk on the ground. If you changed the roads in game without editing/rebuiling the routing, the world would lag unbelievably.

SimGuruMeatball

Creating games is hard We use CAW ourselves and sure, it could get better, but it is good enough for what we need it for. I would say that CAW is actually pretty user friendly, there are many many editors that are much harder to get into and use.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: