Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I've Decided ...  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
EniracY

Right, I've been lucky enough to play Showtime twice now in London on two seperate events and I've decided that I'm not getting the game.

What about everyone else? Are you getting it?

Granted, it's a very fun expansion pack and it was funny watching the magician to see if he'd survive his own trick or not but judging by previous expansions' prices this one just doesn't seem worth the money for what we get.

Three professions, one neighbourhood, a bunch of clutter, new clothes + hairstyles (which are quite nice, mind you) and SimPort.

I myself will not be using SimPort because the community side of my Sims is pretty quiet and since we're getting the social features anyway with the incoming patch ...

Nah. I'll skip this one.

Please do tell me if there is more to the expansion pack that I missed. It's the first time I'm not buying a Sims expansion since 2008

Whatever you do don't click this link...
kristenwoods

ill get it, can you say what the clubs look like?

EniracY

Well whenever I got near any of them they were closed but they looked alright.
I don't know whether or not it was because they were closed but I couldn't even enter them to look around, as if they were a rabbit hole.

kristenwoods

EniracY wrote:Well whenever I got near any of them they were closed but they looked alright.
I don't know whether or not it was because they were closed but I couldn't even enter them to look around, as if they were a rabbit hole.

i hope you can go in them, do the sims look nice? and what about the homes on the hills, the big mansions?

nathanbanks3

I'd also like to know about the mansions.
bunbunnyny

Location:Well, my waterbottle says I'm from a mountain spring...

Well, yeah, there's plenty you missed!

For one, all of the Showtime achievments (You still get achievements, but not for Showtime).

We're also getting several Sims past favorites returning, such as the photo booth, the DJ, the Electrodance Sphere thingy, pool tables, the mechanical bull, jukeboxes, the golf course, and the karaoke machine.

As far as gameplay and other items go, you're also missing out on:

-The Genie, who not only can grant wishes, but if you add them to your family, he can magically conjure ANY food dish except Ambrosia. He can also magically clean stuff, I hear!

-All of the exclusive content from Simport that can be unlocked (which ALSO includes past favorites remodeled, such as the Freezer Bunny and the Social Bunny... I just realized how bunny-themed this EP is!)
There is also SO MANY things that you can get if you use SimPort! In fact, in my opinion, this EP isn't actually a full EP without the items that you can unlock!

-Your Sims can sing songs

-According to Black Garden I believe there is a vegetarian version of every dish currently available coming with this game

-Banana trees (Your Sims the bananas whole! )

-Tofu

-Sing-a-grams for ANY occasion - happy, romantic, casual, and more!

-Special performance rewards

-Apparently, according to the chat, you can throw even a life preserver on stage if you're in the audience - ALSO, they seem to have created a system in The Sims where if you miss or hit another Sim while throwing something on stage, the object will bounce back at you!

-You can hire any of the performance careers for parties! (Or so I hear... from MULTIPLE sources that also went to one of the many demos in Europe!)

-Being able to see your friends' Sim actually come into your game, and perform on stage for you! You can also KILL your friends' Sims if they're a magician, apparently, too!

-The Simfest competition, with a person that actually comes out and introduces and sponsors the entire event!

-The Diva trait (This will make your town a lot more realistic, judging on real life behaviors. A lot of people act like this, believe it or not!)

-AWESOME, modern-looking, and for once, highly realistic-looking rabbitholes!

-More combined rabbitholes, too!

-Performing for tips out on the street! Now you can literally create your own stories of a hobo living off of tips that they get from performing in the streets! This would be an AWESOME experience in Bridgeport, since in my mind, that's where most hobos would probably be found.

I'm sure there's lots more to it, also!

(If other people have posted this thread to a second page, I've been typing this for 3 hours... I've gotten sidetracked!)

AKA Bun
(I am a GUY!)
EniracY

Haha, no don't worry there's no second page here.

You can already play for tips using other methods so I'm not too fussed.

Of what I saw of the Diva trait it was funny sometimes (they are more likely to slap other Sims in arguments = funny) but the other trait just seemed like a skill booster.

I wouldn't really see my friend's Sim in my game as I don't really do a lot of community stuff and wouldn't have that many people to share with, so anything regarding SimPort is a bit useless for me.

I would miss the achievements, true. I'm a bit of a completionist

You can throw a life preserver at a Sim and then they get to keep it. I saw it happen. Anything you throw at a Sim performing will be kept by them (unless, I believe they miss).

Oh yeah banana trees ... I'd miss them :/

Now I'm all indecisive again!

EniracY

nathanbanks3 wrote:I'd also like to know about the mansions.

From what I saw of some of the premade Sims' mansions they were very spacious with some funky architecture thrown in, like odds bits of roof being higher than other bits.

One Sim had a whole room dedicated to this award in the shape of a microphone with two big flashing arrows (part of the stage props you can get) pointing to a mirror.

Citrina5

For me this is second sims 3 expansion Im not getting. And a genie isn't game play improvement.

Goldmoldar

Don't worry I won't, enjoying a product is dependent on what one wants out of it and it different strokes for different folks and I am most definantly getting it.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 680 SC 2 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
Jarsie9

@bunbunnyny:

Did you miss the part where the OP said they'd had the opportunity to play the game *twice*?

If you did, then how can you *assume* that they missed out on anything that you just mentioned? I would have to say that the OP played, and had fun, but decided in the long run that they didn't want to invest the money on this EP. So, why is it so hard for you to wrap your mind around the concept that someone could play Showtime and then decide for themselves that, while it was fun, it's not worth spending the money...at least not to them?

And did you also miss the part where the OP said they weren't planning on using Simport? If not, why do you insist on trying to sell them on Simport? Really, is it the end of the world if players decide they don't want Simport?

But, really, I think the main thing was that the player decided that, while they had fun, they decided not to spend the money after all, because to them, at least, it's not worth it.

At least the OP can say that they made an informed decision because they did, after all, play the game...TWICE.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
EniracY

Woah, woah!

It's ok I understand some people tend not to read the whole post, especially if it looks a bit long.

I thought the professions were fun, especially the magician and the singer would be good for my stories but otherwise it's a no-show (get it?) for me.

I didn't play the genie myself but the girl across from me (duckeggpie in case you know her) did and it was quite funny. You can wish for more wishes apparently

kristenwoods

can tell us more about the golfing thing? and what YOU thought of the mps player?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/12 01:14 AM

Aeroprincess87

So the OP played twice and never went inside a venue? well I'm sorry you disliked it, but I'm going to have to go with Writin_Reg's reviews on this one. I'm getting it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/12 02:51 AM

pixiedust4267

I'm looking forward to getting this EP. I've already preordered it at Game Stop.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: