Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
New World (Part 4 - Maikub)  XML
Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
kirkuk

I have my ongoing story thread which updates once-a-week-ish here, but I started a new save in Lunar Lakes recently and I’ve now found that I’ve spent so long making stories around my Sims I find it boring to play them without one now. Since I’m taking photos and thinking it in my head anyway, might as well upload it here, right?

My other thread is still my main game, so this one is more of a ‘pre-planned story’ rather than the documentary purely-photos-and-dialogue thing I’ve got going on in the other one. The themes in it are all pretty stereotypical, but whatever, PRETTY TREES ALIENS YES.

Part 1 - The Art Gallery

“All of this ‘art’ is rubbish. I could make half of these myself, and the other half is literally rubbish you can find in the trash. I hope you’re happy with yourself for dragging me here.”

The human art was admittedly terrible, but even if it hadn’t been, Isiketh wouldn’t have liked it.

“Well, I like it.”

He didn’t, but her unrelenting complaining had irritated him into claiming he did. In reality, he had to admit that the gallery was little more than a monument to the idea that anything a human did somehow had value, even if all they had accomplished was sticking a poster to a wall upside down.

“In fact, I think some of them are really good.”

That was a stupid thing to say. It wasn’t like Isiketh was going to change her mind.

“Oh really, Atziset? And which masterpiece would it be that you like so much?”

She gesticulated wildly towards various pieces, spitting contempt as she questioned him.

“The wall of lips?”

“Oh no, wait, the wall of swimming pool rule signs, right?”

He had little to say in their defence, so he threw up his hands in mock defeat and forced himself to smile at her instead.

“Maybe swimming pool rules signs have great significance to them. We could be looking at their equivalent to a Yojur Themeq sculpture…maybe…”

That seemed unlikely.

“Anyway, I didn’t ‘drag’ you here. You chose to come – please, feel free to shut up or leave any time you want.”

And with that, he turned and quickly walked away from the swimming pool rule signs before she could start mocking them again.

“Look, this gallery is better. Come see.”

She made her way over to where he was standing reluctantly. A series of antique black-and-white photographs lined the wall, each displaying a similar scene from a slightly different angle. Atziset had never owned a camera, but he had always wanted to. It was one of the few pieces of human technology he coveted.

“I like these pictures. Look at their funny buildings and strange trees. They look like something a child would come up with in their imagination! See, what weird flat leaves they have.”

“These are all just the same three scenes from slightly different angles.”

“I think that’s the point. You’re meant to…look at it more carefully, maybe? Appreciate the little differences in lighting.”

“Well I just look at this and think ‘wow, I cannot believe that a species with such a facile, crude culture were able to colonise this planet.’”

And with that, he knew she was off. There was no stopping her now.

“And frankly I cannot believe you don’t feel it too. You're being dominated by a civilisation who think that mass-produced swimming pool signs are worthy of being put on display in an art gallery. It’s humiliating.”

He wasn’t going to rise to it, not today. So he simply said,

“Well, I like them. I think they are way better than the swimming pool signs, and I’m not sure why acknowledging that apparently makes me some kind of collaborator.”

Secretly, even he wasn’t convinced by that.

He didn’t make it back home until late at night. The public transport system only went to the edges of the main settlement, not up to the craters, so he had to walk. He didn’t mind. It wasn’t cold at this time of year and it was never dark, thanks to the crystals.

As he approached his own road, he heard a noise from off to his right. It didn’t sound like an animal.

The light reflecting off the crystals illuminated a solitary person standing by the side of the lake – they may have cut a romantic figure, had they not been retching violently.

It was a young human. It was rare to see them up in the craters. This one was wearing tight cut clothes – he knew enough about humans to know that one out at this time of night in a strange part of town wearing those garments had likely been to one of those strange restaurants that only sold liquid. He had always been told to avoid them after these events; the liquid was said to make them belligerent and potentially dangerous.

But this one looked small enough he could take her in a fight, if he needed to.

He took a few steps closer, and cleared his throat. It had been a while since he had needed to use conversational Simlish.

“Excuse me for bothering you, but are you okay?”

“Oh yes, I’m fine. I’m really quite fine, I’ve just had one too many...or many two too many…but I’ll be fine, really, I ate some nuts just before leaving so they should be kicking in and so-soaking up all the drink soon, like a sponge, or you know, one of those clothes.”

He didn’t understand what she had said.

“I am sorry, I do not un-”

“Excuse me just one second.”

She smiled brightly at him, then took a few steps towards the lake and threw up onto the grass. She didn’t look all that steady on her feet, certainly not like she could be trusted to go any closer to the edge. He couldn’t stop himself from thinking about what would happen if a young human female was found floating face down in the lake, and someone had seen him talking to her beforehand. It would not end well for him.

“Maybe you should stay away from the lake.”

‘For both our sakes’, he added in his head.

“Oh but you see, I want to be nearer the lake because I think it’s better to throw up in the water because it dilute and so it’s fine for the fish but on the grass it’s just THERE and it doesn’t go away. Don’t you?”

Once again, he barely understood a thing she had said.

“Are you sick?” he asked hesitantly.

“Just a little but I’ll be fine in a few hours.”

She swayed unsteadily towards the lake again. Images of his picture on the front page of the paper kept flashing before his eyes. He didn’t want to be arrested.

“My…my house is just across the road. Do you want to stay until you are not sick?”

She looked almost as alarmed as he felt at what he had just said.

“I do not want you to fall in the lake,” he quickly explained. “You said it is only a few hours, yes? There is no transport from here in the night.”

‘Please say no, please say no’ he thought.

“I guess if there’s no transport, and it’s only for a few hours…”

Darn.

The walk back to his house was short, but not short enough for his liking. They did not speak to each other once.

Isiketh was asleep when they got in; he made a note to thank the Gods for that small mercy.

“You can sleep on the bottom bunk, if you want,” he whispered. “But please, do not wake my roommate.”

As she got in, it dawned on him he didn’t know her name.

Even if he had thought to ask, he couldn’t - she was asleep two seconds after lying down. What strange creatures human were, to become so sick after drinking and to have it clear up so quickly.

His own slumber was less than perfect. The couch wasn’t long enough for him to sleep comfortably on, and within half an hour his knees were cramping.

Despite this, Isiketh was awake before him the next morning.

This was not ideal.

“Atziset?!”

“Atziset, what the hell?!”

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 04/12/12 01:37 AM

kirkuk

Eeeeeesh, Imgur doesn't normally bork up my picture quality as badly as it has for these ones....seriously, they aren't that blurry on my computer.

Duckypants

I like it so far! Does the sick girl know he is an alien though?

kirkuk

Duckypants wrote:I like it so far! Does the sick girl know he is an alien though?

Thanks! I think the girl is almost too far gone to know anything right now, to be honest.

Jacqueline09

Cool story can't wait to see where you take this.

kirkuk

Jacqueline09 wrote:Cool story can't wait to see where you take this.

Thanks!

Maybe these new guys can take over the burden of some of the angst I've been giving the Sims in my other save file, heh.

Panther00567

Okay, that's it. This is the tip of the iceberg. Now I really want Lunar Lakes.

I love the part how they're in the art museum criticizing human, er I mean "sim" culture.
kirkuk

Panther00567 wrote:Okay, that's it. This is the tip of the iceberg. Now I really want Lunar Lakes.

I love the part how they're in the art museum criticizing human, er I mean "sim" culture.

I wasn't going to buy it - I haven't bought Simpoints for aaaages - then I made the mistake of making alien Sims for fun and next thing I know I'm loading it up.

The art in the gallery is pretty dreadful though - I lol'ed when I saw the wall of swimming pool signs. I think it's meant to be like a museum of the current century or something.

Rockleyfamily

OOh new story! I saw your sig when I was reading Champs Les Sims and now I'm here
Really like these two they're gorgeous!
Making aliens is loads of fun!

I'll have to check the art gallery out!
Did you see who is in the graveyard? OOOOH!

kirkuk

Rockleyfamily wrote:OOh new story! I saw your sig when I was reading Champs Les Sims and now I'm here
Really like these two they're gorgeous!
Making aliens is loads of fun!

I'll have to check the art gallery out!
Did you see who is in the graveyard? OOOOH!

I haven't made supernatural Sims since I first installed the game (my first ever Sims family lived in an underground lair. In...uh...Riverview) but I'd forgotten how much fun it is not having to worry that they don't have unnaturally massive eyes.

Have you seen what the person in the graveyard looks like if you bring her back? Eeeeeeesh. Time has not been kind.

kirkuk

Part 2 - The Lounge

Elise woke up in a strange bed, again. Her joints felt stiff, and her tongue seemed to be glued to the top of her mouth with stale alcohol. She wanted to vomit, but she couldn’t bring herself to sit up, not yet.

Downstairs she could hear two voices arguing very loudly, in a foreign language.

Wait…in a foreign language?

And then it all came flooding back. Well, partially.

‘Oh no,’ she thought. ‘I’m that girl from the beginning of a high school PSA.’

She remembered the male one, but the female voice was a mystery to her. It sounded extremely angry; she hoped it wouldn’t turn on her her. She had never been good at dealing with confrontation.

Maybe she could sneak out without having to see either of them? What were you meant to do in situation like this, other than not get into them in the first place? She had always just giggled through those PSAs with Annie – she wished she had paid attention to them after all.

She would have to get up sometime. It may as well be now. Whatever the fight was, the female one sounded like it was winning.

The creatures were in the room immediately down from the bedroom. She could tell instantly from their reaction to her entrance that they didn’t want her to be there. That was one thing they could all agree on.

“Um. Hi.”

The female one just flared at her. They had such soulless eyes – ‘Can’t trust anything without an iris’, her mother always said.

She decided to turn to the male one instead.

“I, um, had best be going.”

“Please. Do go,” he replied. Relief washed over her; for a few minutes, she had been worried they were arguing over what to do to her. She knew that all The Incidents had been decades ago now, but it was still hard not to dwell on them.

Her twin sister was waiting for her when she got home.

“Where the hell have you been? Do you have ANY idea how worried I’ve been? I was wondering calling the police. I was considering calling our parents.”

“I know, I know! I’m sorry! I don’t even know what happened.”

“I know EXACTLY what happened, and this is PRECISELY why I told you not to order another round of juice.”

“I know.”

“Franco was freaking out! Why didn’t you have your phone on?”

It wasn’t the intended effect of Annie’s words, but Elisa couldn’t help but feel a rush of excitement at the thought that her disappearance had alarmed Franco. Maybe getting lost in the craters would be worth it after all.

“The battery ran out. Look, can you at least let me get in the door?”

Her sister reluctantly let her go through into the living room. The softness of the couch as she sank into it was a welcome change from what she had endured in that bed last night.

“Okay, so, you are never going to guess where I woke up this morning.”

“In a ditch?”

“Try again.”

“I don’t know. I’m not in the mood for games, just tell me.”

“Okay. Well, somehow I ended up in the craters, and I guess I must have been really really out of it or something, because I woke up in an alien’s house and it was like, wow, could this be any stranger?”

“Get OUT! Was it like one of those historical films? Did they try to keep you hostage? Did they try to brainwash you into blowing up a park?”

“No, obviously not, or I wouldn’t be here, would I? They didn’t seem to want me there. Maybe they were hammered too.”

“Rebel rebel! Gosh, what WOULD our parents say?”

“Probably nothing positive.”

“Soooo…was Franco really worried about me?”

Later that day, she almost changed her mind about her plan. What if Franco hadn’t really been worried, and Annie had just been projecting her own feelings onto other people again? What if he thought she was some kind of town drunk, and didn’t want to be associated with her any more?

What if someone had seen her leave that awful house this morning, and right at this moment the town gossips were spreading the word that one of those Levi girls had been spotted fraternising with the other species?

No no no, there was no point thinking like that. He would be relieved she was okay; grateful she’d come especially to tell him so. It would all go perfectly.

She went straight to his work place; the kids were just coming out as she arrived. Perfect timing.

‘See?’ she thought. ‘Things are going perfectly already. Now just keep it breezy, and you’ll be fine.’

“Hi Franco!” her voice came out as a squeak. She inwardly cursed herself.

“Elise! Where did you GO last night? I was getting so worried.”

“Oh, you know,” she laughed as casually as she could. “Adventuring. I guess that stuff was stronger than I thought, huh?”

“So where did you end up?”

Would he be attracted to her daring if she told him the truth? Possibly not. There was ‘bold and attractively reckless’, and there was ‘unattractively reckless idiot nearly killing herself.’ This probably fell into the latter category.

“Around. Just around. I don’t really remember, to be honest. Someone let me stay on their couch. I would have called one of you, but my phone was out of battery. I hope you weren’t too worried.”

“No, I knew you’d have it sorted.”

Darn. He wasn’t that worried after all. She should have known.

“Maybe this is last thing you want right now, but I was just going to grab a drink…if you want?”

It was in fact the last thing she wanted, but she couldn’t let an opportunity like this slip through her fingers.

“Sounds great.”

Maybe she could get away with ordering water.

The bar was as garish as everything else in the town. Why couldn’t anything be sedate for a change? Would it really be so weird to decorate a room in black and white? There must have been a point in history where interior design wasn’t based on the compulsive need to shove as many neon colours in as close a proximity as possible; it was surely due for a revival by now.

“I’m going to get a Barnacle Breeze,” he grinned at her. “You want one?”

No, no she didn’t.

“Sure, that sounds perfect.”

She hoped she didn’t vomit.

Watching him go to the bar, she decided the momentary pain was worth it. She’d drink a thousand Barnacle Breezes for those eyes. Who was to say that stomaching something that made you feel nauseous wasn’t what true romance was about anyway?

Even if that thing was being mixed by a man with a ponytail and a dodgy moustache.

He came back with two drinks.

“I forgot to ask if you wanted single or double, but then I thought ‘Elise seems like a double kinda girl.’ I hope you’re okay with that.”

“Yes yes,” she trilled. “Perfect!”

Oh god.

She took her first sip, and realised he was looking at her expectantly; oh god, why was he looking at her expectantly? Was he waiting for her reaction to the drink? It couldn’t be the drink? It wasn’t like he mixed the darn drink. Why’d he have to look at her like that?

“Mmmm,” she forced herself to say. “Delicious.”

“So Elise. I was, uh, I was wondering, if maybe you wanted to…” He started to trail off.

‘No no’, she thought. ‘You aren’t stopping there, not when I’m about to make myself sick for you.’

“If maybe I wanted to?’ she asked innocently.

“Get some dinner. This week sometime. If you aren’t too busy.”

She couldn’t stop herself from smiling. He flushed bright red, and began to fumble over his words.

“I mean, you can bring Annie, if you want, I don’t have to…”

“I would love dinner,” she said. “With you. Alone.”

monaduncan

I love your new story Kirkuk. Bookmarked

Edit: Baby in dishwasher when trying to post on your other story
Elisa is very beautiful

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/12 06:52 PM

Panther00567

Yep, so I wound up getting Lunar Lakes after all. What can I say, I'm a sucker for new worlds.

One of the first things I did was turn that same pool lot into a lounge. I also like how you used those tattoos on the aliens' skin. That's a good idea.
Jacqueline09

Great update! Glad to see that the girl is not a drunk party girl.
And just to let you know I've been trying to post on your other story page but it won't let me I get the page cannot be found error.

Rockleyfamily

Love the update, they live in the same house My guys live in!!!

Can't wait for the next update, it's very interesting!

Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: