I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.
Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.
There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.
Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. A word regarding SimPort: I did order my copy of Showtime but I won't have time or try out anything before April. Also, I'm not even sure if I will try Simport or not. If I do, it will be with one or two selected people, so don't bother to send me any requests.
16. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
17. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
18. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
19. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. carlymichelle has made a thread here: The offical sims 3 pets crashing thread. Please post in that thread if you have any crashing issues.
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
A word on Mods/Hacks It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Abbreviations used MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
AP = Apaloosa Plains, Pets Neighborhood
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
This message was edited 37 times. Last update was at 04/08/12 11:29 AM
How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)
I'm no longer answering posts.
I will be writing blog posts and linking here but other than that, I'm done here. You are still welcome to post. Hopefully EA is still reading this thread. I feel my work is done here.
Thank you all for participating.
To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.
I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.
If I siad, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.
I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ?
6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ?
7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ?
8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ?
9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ?
10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
12. Did you disable SimPort ?
13. Did you disable the Social Features ?
Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature
- What EPs do you own
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can't read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), expecially your graphic card
- Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
- What date has your graphic card driver
- If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
This message was edited 44 times. Last update was at 04/08/12 11:32 AM
If you have this, please provide some info about your game:
- Do you have any Pets
- What were the Sims doing at the time of patching (traveling, sleeping, working, entertaining)
- How long have you been playing this game
- Did you/ Are you using mods and cc ?
- What hood were you playing ? Custom or EA ?
- Simport takes a long time and then gives an error 'Failed to book tour'
- Can't send Sim to friends game
- Can't accept friends Sim.
If you have this, please provide some info about your game:
1. How many Sims are in your household ?
2. Do you have the required levels ?
3. Is your sim human or occult or a mixture ?
4. Have you tried other Sims ?
5. Do you have any issues with other social features ?
6. Does your friend see anything from your Sim ?
7. Are you using Overwatch or ErrorTrap ?
8. Does the Sim you try to send have any CC ?
9. Any temp loss of Internet connection ?
- Issues with the Server. Not much one can do about but try again.
- This might be caused by Overwatch. Make sure to pull the mod (updated or not) and try again. You can also try if simply turning off the Recover missing Sim Part in Overwatch solves the issue. It should not be active while SimPorting anyways. ErrorTrap might have the same issue here.
- Make sure your Sim is 100% Human. (Partly) Occult Sims seem to give troubles.
- After pulling the mods, start a new game.
- Make sure none of your background programs are doing updates or scan your system (Anti Virus)
- Make sure your game is registered on the site.
- Temporarily turn off your Firewall and AntiVirus to see if that makes a difference.
- This might just be a server issue on EA's end (SimPort broke down on March 10th)
- Declining a friends request will cancel the tour for them even if it was sent to all friends. Just leave it until it goes away on it's own
- Self-Uninstalling Sim
There's a good chance Starlight Shores has routing issues as well.
- Switching from Neighborhood to main menu freezes the game (BionixWV)
- Time will stand still randomly for some tome even though the game is not paused. The shadows and trees move, but all sims are stuck (very common on all kinds of systems)
- Simport lags buy/build mode (simbilN99)
- Directing Sim to clean the lamp, Sim gets stuck (lmkrivcher)
--> Was solved, deleting cache files
- The "Free the Genie" opportunity is interchangeable between different Genies (bunbunnyny)
- Can't get final wish granted (celebwhiz, jobug1015)
--> Make sure you have the special opportunity slot open (Mondain38)
--> Was fine after restarting the Game.
- Genies can summon pet food which can't be used (Crizzy2468)
--> Don't summon Pet Food
- 3 Possible issues: catloverplayer - ALL descendants of a genie are genies and Vampire/Genie mixtures are possible (crinrict)
New Showtime Objects - Custom Music doesn't play on Jukebox (veg_kathryn)
- Graphical bug with pool table (Sarah3120)
--> There are 4 pool tables on top of each other. Edit the lot and remove the extra ones
- Sims don't use DJBooth (Springfairy556)
- DJ Booth is multiplying (Springfairy556)
- Upgrading the karaoke machine stops sims from being able to sing on it (julienrob2004)
- DJBooth cannot be deleted right after building cause it says it's in use (Darkling)
- Pictures of photo booth don't go in inventory when taken with a townie (catloverplayer)
- The Fire Ring that Acrobats is backwards (ZeekSlider)
- Acrobat job not available on PC (maanio)
- Singer/Acrobat/Magician sims don't get their weekly wages, if they are on tour (simporting) at 12:00 pm on Sunday (Sarah3120)
- Can't hear singer sing (see sound issues below)
- Only one Singer in a household gets to do Sing-o-grams (bosslaydee)
- Magician can't die in the Box of Danger (bunbunnyny)
- Cement Imprint stays on Stage (bunbunnyny)
- Box of Danger disappears if Magician is spared (bunbunnyny)
- Death by illusion is a fire death and pic is missing on the tombstone (bunbunnyny)
- Auto-assignment of vanishing Sim trick to a sim that was not at venue messes up the gig (crinrict)
- Acrobat Sim can read skill book over and over to gain skill and gets a new skill book with every SimPort (carla70)
- Tutoring challenge does not get fulfilled (InbalFeldman)
- Catching every type of fish makes you know 103% of all types (siva20092403)
- Memories not showing up in scrapbook, no picutres (Deshong04)
- Memories of imported pre-made sims can't be deleted (ZeekSlider)
- Maid needs to be re-hired everyday (peoinee)
- ServiceNPC Spawning (Lokendra)
--> Might be connected to a mod
- Opportunities can't be completed - not recognized as such(SweetK411, TheMomminator)
--> Seems to be true for opportunities that were open before patching. Simply cancel them.
--> Very common issue, reported by many.
- Sim can't use beds and can't woohoo with bf (betty_me13)
- Messed up game after traveling (minadoll26)
- Traveling looses Bug Collections Progress (siva20092403)
- Stage Kit multiplies after traveling (crinrict)
- Toddler can't be picked up to read to, they fade away (bunbunnyny)
- Newly weds don't get any gifts anymore. They can write thank you notes but the gifts are not there (MVWdeZT, bluegayle_, julienrob2004)
- Can't watch videos my sim recorded before on the gigantic TV in showtime (wzw1177)
- Watching Sims starts telling ghost story during performance which makes the lights get switched off and the show to get canceled (julienrob2004)
- bars have no interaction / can't serve food (catloverplayer, bluegayle_, Mimine17)
- Even more vampires now (jacqpinks)
- Sim can't gain celebrity points (Simmygirl26)
- Paparazzis lost their tags on home lots (geminiagre)
--> They Came Back
- Simport is not available with the patch, so no worries there (the code is in the game but you won't see any of that).
- The ingame messages can be turned off completely.
- On the ingame wall you see almost everything you see in your MyPage but I was getting a delay. I'm also not sure about the stuff that is getting uploaded. It seems you get messages about shared memories but not about stuff that is being uploaded to the exchange. You do see all comments you would also see on your MyPage.
- The wall is only visible if you actively go there.
Instead of own Login, the name NoXroadsName appears
Keep me logged in only remembers password, not email: Tommy92, KarinL)
- Achievements are not being recognized on the wall despite of being completed ingame (bunbunnyny)
- Achievments in the game and on the website are not in-sync (Thread)
- Achievements are not being completed (ivinian)
- Achievement gets grayed out after completing all achievements and they cannot be checked anymore (geminiagre)
- Accepting a tour request makes the game auto-pause. Unpausing is then not possible anymore (silverkitty15, chococat9)
--> Change to buy/build mode to get the paused game unstuck (XTS2009)
- Graphic Glitches after show (carla70)
- Can't go into edit town after turning off game when the SimPort Sim would not arrive (bluegayle_).
--> Remove the Sims from SavedSims and Downloads, especially if you have duplicates
- Successful performance despite the Sim never arriving (Nintendo277, jobug1015)
- Only 100% Human Sims can use SimPort (ZeekSlider)
--> Unclear if this is the case at this point. The system might just be more fluky with them (Mimine17, Msrednotdead)
--> Not a bug if it tells you so when you try. Bug if it doesn't.
- Friends can't accept Sim on tour (Druscylla)
- SimPort doesn't live update if you haven't had much online activity/requests in approximately an hour (ZeekSlider)
- SimPort is cloning phones and they can't be silenced (Tommy92,KarinL, Tommy92, KarinL, Crizzy2468, Arty)
- Ability to send out Sim that is already on tour again is clogging up the tourbook (KarinL, ZeekSlider, ZeekSlider, ZeekSlider)
--> Switch into household with a Sim that qualifies for SimPort to clear up (ZeekSlider)
--> Step-by-Step solution by tallcoolone - Reward was rewarded early (ZeekSlider)
- SimPort marks Sim as dead and sells their car. They come back fine though just without the car. (EngramAu)
- Using the "booking a tour" save with Simport takes forever, and frequently hangs or crashes to desktop (tea_and_blues, tea_and_blues)
- Invisible Sims on Stage (n00biityo, Nicoleamoral)
--> Thread on the issue: Can't See Performance? [Picture Included] --> Try to replace the venue in edit town (make sure to check what community type it is set to before you do)
- Failure to host Sim (Sarah3120)
--> Thread on the issue: @SimGuruSNelson: Simport hosting issues I run into repeatedly - When sending a sim on tour and your friend does not accept the request before your sim returns , your game acts as if you are noty logged in after your sim returns (geminiagre)
- Sim was there but no show. Map tag only goes away on reload (Arletta, crinrict)
- Intermittent fault when a sim is porting into my town where the game tries to get stuck on pause (Simbolic)
- Game still runs in the background when you book a tour (SimsVIP_Admin, Crinrict)
--> Pause the game before you SimPort
This message was edited 44 times. Last update was at 03/22/12 07:49 AM
Sim/Neighborhood Corruption Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.
What can you do when it happens to you ? First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.
That didn't work If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.
Na, still nothing Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.
The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.
If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.
Not fixed with Patch 1.31 - Cars are still spawning in inactives inventories
- Flute Forward dress still has a missing leg.
- Level 10 Horses Animation still off.
- Mags' Door still has the wall showing through.
- According to twallan there aren't any major bug fixes, if anything was fixed, they a very subtle. All the well known bugs are still there.
- Fish disappear from inventory after traveling
- Fish are invisible in aquarium (catloverplayer)
Fixed with Patch 1.32. If you still have the issue after patching, please report.
It seems that you can get custom Sims in your game through SimPort. Unfortunatly, these Sims can have CC that is directly attached to them. Since this is an issue no-one ever acknowledge or cares about, this is now becoming a huge issue.
- Issues with Career Outfits --> Most likely MasterController
- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
- Issues with Lifetime Rewards
- Issues with Sims not coming home from boarding school --> Overwatch
- Messed-up Interfaces --> Traveler
- Missing effects --> NoMosaic
Overwatch recovers missing Sims when you are SimPorting. This is NOT good. Turn off the option in Overwatch when you use SimPort.
This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 03/09/12 08:58 AM
Joined: 05/29/09 12:07 PM
Location:At the computer ..........still!
It just says NoXRoadsName which leads to a blank MyPage with no friends or anything else.
And, no, there is only one account and one user on this PC and that is me It sounds like something EA would know about but it most certainly isn't recognising my log in, even though I am obviously logged in with the same details to post this!