Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Do i HAVE to install origin?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
friendlyfi

Hi can anyone tell me if origin has to be installed to play my sims as i dont want it cos it never connects anyway! thanks Fi
AelingQueen

Well if you bought them via Origin/Digital Download then you kinda have to... But once they're installed you can just use the Sims 3 launcher.
friendlyfi

Hi, thanks, all my games are on disc i haven't bought any digital dl`s, but when i installed them one of them said i had to install origin as well, ive just had to format so am installing them all again now and if poss i don't want to install origin, i think we should all have the choice of what we install!! after all it is our pc that we are using.
PhotogSim

friendlyfi wrote:Hi, thanks, all my games are on disc i haven't bought any digital dl`s, but when i installed them one of them said i had to install origin as well, ive just had to format so am installing them all again now and if poss i don't want to install origin, i think we should all have the choice of what we install!! after all it is our pc that we are using.

It is your PC but it is their game and they can require whatever they want before you can play it.

With that said, you do not need the Origin software if you have the DVD-Rom version of the games. I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs except for World Adventures and do not have Origin installed and play just fine.

I even have a Digital Download of the Master Suite stuff pack from Amazon and did not need to have Origin to play.

You only need the Origin Software if you have purchased any Digital Downloads from the Origin website.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: