Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My Game Won't Connect to Origin  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Ashleigh825

I'm really excited about getting Showtime tomorrow and would like to use the online features like SimPort, but ever since EA upgraded to Origin, my game hasn't been able to connect to it and I'm told that my game must be connected to Origin to use the online features.

I have a working Origin account with my new email. My Sims3.com account is with my old email. I've tried changing it to my new email but it says that email is already in use. I don't have any other Sims3.com accounts besides this one so I'm thinking someone else either mistakenly or maliciously used my new email for their account.

My game is fully updated using the master manual updater (since my launcher can't connect to Origin and therefore won't recognise available updates). I have World Adventures, High-End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, and Pets installed in my game and working properly. There's currently no mods or custom content in my game. I'm using a PC with Windows 7 Home Premium.

I'd really like this problem resolved before getting Showtime. As fun as the offline features look, I'd really like to be able to have the full functionality of the game.

If any more info is required of me to give to help a Guru solve my problem, I'll gladly give it. Just let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/05/12 09:03 PM

Ashleigh825

I'm bumping this, since it's now on the fourth page with no replies.

This is an issue I'd really like to see solved before I install my copy of Showtime tomorrow.

Nichaedemus

Hi,

Are you running the latest version of Origin? The download manager should update itself the next time you start it while connected to the internet. Otherwise the latest version of that application can be downloaded from the following link:

http://origin.com/download

You may need to allow the Origin client through your router and/or firewall. For help with setting the firewall ports please refer to the following EA Support article:

https://help.ea.com/article/connection-issues-with-origin

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
Ashleigh825

Hi Nichaedemus,

I do have the latest version of Origin installed, along with the latest version of The Sims 3.

I just checked my Firewall settings and Origin is set to be allowed through, yet I still receive the same error message when I attempt to run my Launcher, even though I'm logged in to my Origin account. I can still see my Downloads page in my launcher, though, and download items from the Store through the launcher. I can also connect to the Internet and log in to my Sims3.com account to access the social networking features in my game, despite receiving this error message when I run the launcher.

Does this mean that the game is in fact connected to Origin and I will be able to use the SimPort feature when I install Showtime or is the Origin connectivity issue separate from my Sims3.com account and being able to use the other social features of the game?

bob007

The Origin login should be the same as the game launcher.

Ashleigh825

I just tried to log in to my Origin account with my Sims3.com email and password. It miraculously allowed me to log in for the first time, yet my Launcher still can't seem to connect to it.

I'm truly at a loss. I really thought that would solve the issue.

BrownBunny85

I have the same issue, but my log in info is the same. Every time I try to log in at the game screen it will try to connect and says it can't.
IceSilverCrystal

Yeah, I'm having the same problem... its just... annoying.

Brid
djseanstyles

Same problem here. Thus far I have yet to see any actual working solutions on any site.
IceSilverCrystal

Yeah, I've been re-installing my games recently... Orgin worked fine until I got to Showtime, so I know that it is definitely that one. though I did get some EA downloader stuff in the beginning.

Brid
Jakester4x4

my origin wont workm either but i dont have showtime i think the store content coz i recently started buying stuff and ever since i downloaded the stuff my new origin updated thingy wont work this just sucks (^^^)
Jakester4x4

also anyone know how to fix a pets glitch all the pets body parts are messed up and every pet except from deer and small pets are like mutants plz help...
marybeth14

I'm having the same problems with the log in to origin and game launcher and the pet glich id really wish EA would help us out
ronaele7

same problem and I cant download anything from exchange to put in my game
dotsipotsi

im having the same problem... i just downloaded my games on a new computer and it wont connect to origin. i dont know why. help!

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: