Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Are you freezing since Showtime or Patch? Let's make this the official thread  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
tiffedge76

Well I know I am not the only one experiencing freezing and lagging since the update. The game for me is unplayable since what I think was the patch. 10 sim seconds of play 30 minutes of freezing where the clock and sim are not moving.
EA please respond to this thread . We all bought your game and simply want to enjoy it.
Other Lagging/Freezing simmmers please chime in with me. I notice a lot of us posting so lets hope a solid thread here can help us.
rachybop

mine crashes as soon as i get in the game too...since the patch!

Power36113

The same goes for me, too. The last update was, I believe, within the past few days or weeks and I got it for my Pets game. Every 5-10 Sim minutes (real-time 5-10 seconds) the game freezes (but plumbbobs keep moving, TVs keep showing whatever is on, etc) for about 10 seconds. It is very hard to play the game with it freezing like this. It's making me mad, as my active family has three daughters that just graduated and I'm trying to up everybody's skills before the parents die and before moving two of the daughters out. I also have 3 horses on the active family.

PLEASE fix this, everybody is annoyed with the lagging gameplay.
Thanks.
tiffedge76

the exact same problem for me too. In sim time let's say 10 sim minutes pass and then my gameplay will freeze up, but the sleeping sims will still ZZZZ normal, the plumbob continues to work, tv's etc.
I have tried everything with no work around what so ever.. Please help us EA. I even went on chat with EA and got no where.
A new expansion I cannot even enjoy.
IMakeBoys

*raises hand* Since updating to 1.31, my game has been basically unplayable due to lagging and extremely choppy gameplay. I could run my game flawlessly on the highest settings before, even when playing huge families. I can't even play a one sim household right now due to the lag. I haven't been able to try out most of the features in Showtime, making it a complete waste of money. :/

Spread love, not hate.
PrincessTink384

i can't play either, does anyone know if there is a way we can un-install this update??? i hope there is my game is completly unplayable and i've already tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything twice. TWICE, do you know how much time i have wasted on this? i want an answer to this and i want one now.
tiffedge76

i guess there is no way to unpatch? I too cannot even play a simple basic one 1 person household with no lawn stuff and the nasty lag is still there. I am thinking of just re-installing but I thought I read somewhere I still won't be able to play without the patch?
PrincessTink384

imma try asking a guru on twitter and see if they can tell me who i can talk to
Chiirikoko

My game is lagging and freezing like crazy since this latest patch that my game is unplayable. Got so bad I uninstalled it and I'm not re-installing until EA does something about this.
Come on, EA. Instead of only releasing patches when new EP's are released, release patches that fix your game and make it enjoyable again.
PrincessTink384

now let's see if i can get an answer
Power36113

I'm assuming most of the people who play Pets play on the town Appaloosa Plains.
I moved my active family from Appaloosa Plains to Sunset Valley, and I do not have a lagging/freezing problem anymore. Anybody else should try that and see if it fixes the problem.
tiffedge76

I usually always play in sunset valley but with showtime it came with a nice town so I decided to play with that one. I think I will try going back to sunset valley, see if that helps.. I so don't want to re-install
tiffedge76

Power36113 I have to say thank you.. going to sunset valley got me back to playable . I still had minor lagging but like 1 sim second or so randomly.

Power36113 wrote:I'm assuming most of the people who play Pets play on the town Appaloosa Plains.
I moved my active family from Appaloosa Plains to Sunset Valley, and I do not have a lagging/freezing problem anymore. Anybody else should try that and see if it fixes the problem.
Wolfking685

I crash tooo a lot
PrincessTink384

here's the answer i got *note my question is at the bottem*

@princesstink384 There's no official way to uninstall a patch that I'm aware of. Before you go through further difficulty, I'd suggest contacting our customer support who should be able to walk you through some steps and possibly take aggressive action to correct any issues that you're experiencing. If that still isn't helping, what you could potentially do is uninstall and reinstall earlier products prior to the patch you're having an issue with, and then decline the automatic update in the launcher. Please be aware that the recent patch is required to play Showtime and for ongoing store purchases. RT @princesstink384 @SimGuruGraham don't know who to ask but is there a way to uninstall a patch?the latest 1 for showtime makes my game unplayable&many;others

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: