Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can i get fish in my Pond at home if so how?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
charleepeters

I have a large Pond/Moat in my sims garden.

I can't see any Fish in it, can i get some in there, if so how? Tnx.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/09 04:08 PM

Scrogdog

Catch or buy at the grocery store 10 of any species of fish.

Then just click on the pond that you wish to stock and the option will appear.

Bobbo

Catch 10 of the same kind of fish at one of the fishing holes and you can stock your pond. I am not sure if a certain level of fishing skill is required but you will probably get it by the time you catch all 10.
Jalida

Will those 10 fish repopulate the pond? I mean if I fish my own pond and pull out 5 fish, will I come back later on and the pond will now have more than 5 fish left? Or does fishing your own pond not lower the population to begin with?

Seems since we have to have 10 to stock it, that maybe they should get used up, die, etc over time.

-=R.I.P. Weston =-
Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
Cdwrds7

after you get 10 of one fish, (e.g. 10 minnows, 10 red herrings) in your inventory, (from other ponds or lakes), you should have an option on your pond, restock.

It only comes up when you have 10 kind of one fish

Hope that helps

kellywest

Jalida, I asked the same question (about the number of fish that can be pulled from a stocked pond) and was told that it's infinite. Meaning if you put 10 deathfish into your pond, you will always have deathfish in that pond, no matter how many you catch.

I have a Sim who's been living and fishing on his own lot for a long time and all of the fish he stocked his pond with still show up when he "inspects water" so I guess that's how it works.

charleepeters

Thanks guys
Eyana

The fish never run out, but I'd still recommend going elsewhere for fishing. The pond has never shown as a great place to fish for me (with fish jumping out of the water). It's always a "decent" place to fish when I inspect it.

Typhin

Agreed. You never get "great" fishing at a lot pond, but it is very handy for other reasons.
One is that you can just run out the door to "fish before 6 AM".
Another is that you can stock it with the fish you really want to catch.
Best reason however is that you can stock it with Deathfish and catch them anytime, not just the 12-5 window at the graveyard.

Love my stocked pond.

By the way.. anyone know how many species you can stock with? I have done up to 5 (Deathfish, Robot, Vampire, Angel, and Lobster). I was wondering if there was a point at which it resets and restocks, or can you dump in anything?

Thanks!
Scrogdog

Typhin wrote:Agreed. You never get "great" fishing at a lot pond, but it is very handy for other reasons.
One is that you can just run out the door to "fish before 6 AM".
Another is that you can stock it with the fish you really want to catch.
Best reason however is that you can stock it with Deathfish and catch them anytime, not just the 12-5 window at the graveyard.

Love my stocked pond.

By the way.. anyone know how many species you can stock with? I have done up to 5 (Deathfish, Robot, Vampire, Angel, and Lobster). I was wondering if there was a point at which it resets and restocks, or can you dump in anything?

Thanks!

There are 21 species in the game and you can stock them all.

As far as prime fishing spots, you're right, there's no way to get that (jumpers) out of your private pond.

Ah, but there's always a workaround, eh?

The thing is that you may stock ANY pond in the game (not the ocean though) and you may also combine salt water only fish with fresh water ones. So, a couple of things you can do to create the best spot ever. One is, you could build a house on that lot up by the falls. Two jumping spots there. Just add all of the other fish that you want! Then, step outside your door and fish before 6 AM at a jumper spot.

Or, just choose any other spot that you want, though I would recommend that your selection contain at least two jumper spots. Then stock it. You could place every fish in the game in central park if you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/30/09 04:35 PM

emailathome

My original lot I have 21 fishing holes, one for each type of fish
Nik24X7

I've been stocking the small pond in Central Park. I was wondering, however, is there a difference between the small pond and the large pond, or are they treated the same since they are on the same lot? Does the game differentiate between the two ponds?
Scrogdog

The only difference between them is the number of jumper spots.

Although, I've never noticed, doesn't the small pond run in to the big one under that bridge? Might all be the same pond. If not, I'd go with the larger of the two just for the additional jumper spots.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: