Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Launcher Not Opening After Recent Update  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Simmy_lover

Last night I updated my game and since then have not been able to get my launcher to open up. It's funny because it was working before the update. I have a lot of CC as well as Mods. Maybe I need to delete those and re-download? I don't know. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks. <3
koikage101

I have the exact same problem. My computer runs everything else perfectly fine. I even deleted the CC that I had. I'm thinking it's the update that screwed it up. Which happens but it sucks cuz I had that huge urge to play Sims today
Simmy_lover

So did I!
We're down on our luck, sister.
Lol this totally sucks. I guess it's back to the Sims 2 for a while.
ClaudiajadeRoddam

If you dont mind not updating do this
Programs files (x86)
Electronic Arts
Sims 3 (what ever expansion pack it it)
Game
Bin
TS3E0(It will have a number depending on what expansion pack it is)
Then copy the file and paste onto your desktop as a shortcut then you can go on the game with out using the launcher (mines been broken for months!)

"It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever,I just wanna live while I'm alive, IT'S MY LIFE" ;p
koikage101

ClaudiajadeRoddam wrote:If you dont mind not updating do this
Programs files (x86)
Electronic Arts
Sims 3 (what ever expansion pack it it)
Game
Bin
TS3E0(It will have a number depending on what expansion pack it is)
Then copy the file and paste onto your desktop as a shortcut then you can go on the game with out using the launcher (mines been broken for months!)

It'll do for now. Thanks As long as I can get into the game at this point lol.
DaScribe

Okay, Okay, results are in:

Spent 2 days & 2hrs on the phone w/EA & went through many headaches (although Tech Support was pleasant to work with) the EA representative and supervisors or leads determined that it is the patch that was the issue and EA recommended not doing the patch until they come out with a new one. If you already have done the patch and the launcher won't start, sadly this means uninstalling & reinstalling all over again. However NORTON ANTIVIRUS IS QUARANTINING THE SIMS3LAUNCHER FILE so restore the file from the quarantine folder and either disable Norton & all features b4 reinstalling or uninstall Norton completely (as I have to avoid future headaches) & use another Anti-virus after installation. (Here's a little history of the issue)
1. Initially I had all expansions including Showtime working fine with no mods & custom content disabled.
2. The 1.32 update installed & launcher stopped working. (paraphrasing: error starting launcher please see log file)
3. I completely uninstalled everything 4 times (Origins, Base Game & Expansions, ALL Custom Content) and reinstalled to get same issue.
4. Uninstalled again and ONLY installed base game which works fine until the update & then same issue.
5. Called EA & tried: (cleaning temp files, doing clean boot, changing compatibility mode, removing file from Norton (thought we had solved it but nope , uninstalled Norton, game, registry entry, origins, reinstalled, upgrading video driver, checked computer specs (which BTW was ages beyond requirements CyberPowerPC 3wks old), pwrcycled modems, rebooted computer, changed DEP, same issue.

So save yourself the headache. The reps all agreed it was an issue so for the few it is working for great but the majority (even without CC) we are having issues. I was instructed DO NOT DO THE PATCH & WAIT FOR A NEW ONE TO FIX ISSUES. They say the patch is only for a few minor glitches in Showtime & to make CC virtually impossible (said in the nicest way). EA still refuses to realize that most of their hard core fans are people who use CC and that's what has made this series a success (SMH). Sorry for the long post but I know many skeptics always want to ask if you did this & that. BTW, we also tried the workaround using the .exe file & that didn't work either. Going now to finish adding my expansion and playing w/o the patch. Hope this helps someone.
DaScribe

Newest version of patch works fine for me now. No issues.
Bellewiccan

I never use Origin to open my game but it seems like since EA MADE us get origin, the game never opens and when it does open, I always get "cannot open download manager" error all the time!~!! I just wish EA would make a patch to fix all these stupid errors and let us play the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jazzy_1D

The same thing happened for me.. It gets frustrating when I keep clicking the sims 3 icon and it doesn't open.

edit;
SOLVED.

Have you tried restarting/shutting down your computer? If not, do that then click on the launcher and see what happens. :S
My launcher not opening has happened a few times, and each time I restart my computer, it'll work again. Good luck

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/28/12 04:48 AM

IceColdTiger

Okay, okay. Press ctrl+alt+delete, and click 'Start Task Manager'. Then click 'Processes' and search for 'Sims3Lau../Sims3Launcher' and right click it. Then click 'End Task' and try opening it again. This worked immediately for me so I hope it works for you. Also, if you don't mind not updating/installing custom content, go to Program Files> Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin...and find 'TS3' not TS3W, or Sims3Launcher, just TS3.

zarahlara

Hey!

i have a kinda big prob too! I'm gonna be asking help for this anyway! So....i did the update and everything crashed! My whole game reseted! Realy bad!! I was really sad so uninstalled en reinstalled and tryd what you said to do...it didn't work!I really made it to go too far. Cause i mean i can never leave it! I just neeeeed to finish it if you know what i mean! Anyway thanks though!

TIP: This is really a gold tip: Go to the Sims 3 folder and copy all your Backup! That wil make sure all your households are still safe!Then place it onto your desktop!

Good Luck and hopefully you guys have an answer to my problem! I think i have to reset everything!!!!
LadyAngelchan

Okay I try that no luck for me. I still can't get the luncher window up...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/05/14 11:09 AM

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: