Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
can't set up stage  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
LIesaB

my sim has a gig happening right now and she can't set up the stage,when i click to set up the stage it's like she resets herself and she's back standing on the side of the stage.someone,anyone please tell me what i should do???????????????

faytheful

LIesaB wrote:my sim has a gig happening right now and she can't set up the stage,when i click to set up the stage it's like she resets herself and she's back standing on the side of the stage.someone,anyone please tell me what i should do???????????????

Sorry sounds like you have a glitch there or she is a Sim sharing with another Sim her duties. I have a level 10 acrobat Sim & I didn't have this problem with him.
I don't know if you use mods but one thing I found useful while one of my sims recently visited china was to reset the whole town through the MC mod.
(MC = master controller) In china while my sim was there the whole town was lagging really bad. I reset the whole town & everyone was fine & the lagging stopped.
Sounds like this could be useful in your situation.
Think about it, not many sims have the skills of magician, singer, acrobat yet since the game just came out so it would seem logical that the Sims would "share" duties. Like have you ever noticed that when the Sims are moved from one town to another & they meet (supposedly for the first time) they kind of laugh or chuckle when they recognize who it is? Even though they are playing different parts?
This shows that they all have played interchangeable parts in the game & maybe even sometimes trade places.
Hope you get what I'm saying.

LIesaB

ok i kind of understand you,so how would i reset the whole town?

tammer400

I had the same promblem

hollynoel

You might want to try the reset sim cheat. You bring up the cheat box and type "resetsim Laura Norry" without the quotes and instead of Laura Norry put your sim's first and last name.

~A Friendly Simmer
LIesaB

yes i did reset sim but something i did notice that my sim can't do "perform for tips" either but her husband can do (perform for tips).so maybe it's just her!

LIesaB

it's just her when i click on her to perform for tips,she gets reset back to her home lot!

shawty2102004

LIesaB wrote:it's just her when i click on her to perform for tips,she gets reset back to her home lot!

Did she just have a baby? There seems to be a glitch when a sim gets married or has a baby and gets time off, they are not able to perform steady gigs or play for tips. I have the same problem so I'm hoping another patch is released soon to fix it!

pdk9296

I noticed that my sim just started having this problem as well. She's a level 7 magician. I tried to set up the stage for her recurring gig and she reset herself to the house. I sent her back to the gig and tried again, same thing.

I tried another venue and she now resets next to the stage. She cannot perform for tips either. That task just disappears after she gets into a spot to perform.

She did just have a baby - he just turned into a toddler. Well, so much for progressing on this one until a patch comes out.
secretuk1965

LIesaB wrote:it's just her when i click on her to perform for tips,she gets reset back to her home lot!

try moving her out via edit town then back in her home again this usually works.

gabby_555

The same thing happened to me after my sim had a baby...it sucks because I was a level 9 singer.
cutelilusagi

I'm just now getting the same problem. Everything was going just fine with her, but then suddenly I go to a gig that I got invited to that same day and the issue begins. She just resets next to the stage when I try to get her to go on. She didn't have a baby or anything like that. Only thing that happened was she broke up with her boyfriend and I had him move out. Lol.
Ah, what a terrible bug.
n00biityo

This is a known glitch. Did you read the showtime bugs thread? It's listed on the front page.

cchant86

This happened to me yesterday after many successful gigs and I discovered it was because my Sim wasn't wearing his performance outfit for some reason when he went to the gig. Once I had him change clothes, he was able to set the stage like normal and carry on with his show (a few hours late, poor guy! Since it took me a while to figure out what was wrong! ). So double check clothing to see if it helps.

C.
faytheful

LIesaB wrote:ok i kind of understand you,so how would i reset the whole town?

Not sure you want to do this, but the only way I know to reset the whole town is to use the Nraas MC (master controller) mod.
If you download that mod, you will have to unzip it to install it & place it inside of a packages folder which will be inside of the mods folder in your game.
You can download the mod & find information on how to install it here:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/
I am very picky about what I put into my game & I only use those things I know won't hurt it. I have taken a chance on using this mod & found it to be invaluable. It hasn't hurt my game either.
After you have it installed, (if you do it) then you go to map mode, click on the city hall & you will see a pie menu with Nraas included. Click on that, then click on master controller & when it opens click on town. When that menu opens, scroll down you will see an option that says reset everything. Click on that. It will ask you if you want to reset everything. Click yes/ok & it will reset everything in the town. It takes a few minutes then it will give you a report that says how many things were reset.
After you do this your sims motives will have to be filled up again.
There is more than one way to get to the mods menu. You will find the mods menu if you click on your sims or any computer.
Hope this helps & if it does please let me know. Thanks.

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: