Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Game Launcher not downloading content  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
ariesqt0323

My game launcher isn't downloading ANY content no matter if its from the store or the exchange. I've recently bought TS3 showtime KP edition and none of the content from my game is showing up in the launcher. I'm not getting any error messages or anything. I go to my purchase history and everything I've bought this month is there I click DL and nothing happens! the screen blinks like it received the click but the launcher does nothing I've even tried dl-ing stuff from the launcher through the exchange just to see if it would work... same thing. I don't know what else to do this is so frustrating
ageorgiagirl

Yep, I've been getting a message that says "Unknown Error Occurred" whenever I try and install them into my game. I purchased about 12 items some odd weeks ago and am still not able to add them to my game! And now, since the latest update a couple days ago, I can't download anything through the exchange either - with the same problem! Whhyyyyy!

ScarletteBegonias

I recently purchased custom content from the sims store and when i try to download it i get this error message "There was an error while downloading content. Please see log for more details." Can someone please help me and tell me how to fix this problem and also what log am I suppose to see?
cyrynpen

Scarlette - I'm getting the same problem. I've just purchased Lunar Lakes. Have been able to download it once but since updating to 1.32 I've had to reinstall the game and now trying to download Lunar Lakes again and I get the error message.

EA *** IS GOING ON!!!!!?????!!!
ScarletteBegonias

I also purchased some clothes and now i get the same error message when trying to download them.. I want this Problem fixed ASAP! I WILL NOT PURCHSE ANYMORE SIMS POINTS OR ANYTHING ELSE FROM THE STORE UNTIL I AM ABLE TO DOWNLOAD MY CONTENT.

I have contacted EA via Chat at least 3 times and seems everyone i have spoke to don't know what to do to solve this problem...I want someone from EA who actually knows what to do to help me. its been more than a month since i purchased hidden springs and would actually like to play it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/26/12 11:15 PM

missspookiness

I purchased sim points yesterday and now I am getting that same message "there was an error while downloading content. Please see the log for more details" Now I have unused sim points because I am afraid its going to be a waste. I really need help with this problem and why isn't EA helping?????
ScarletteBegonias

OK! I FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS!! ORIGIN HAS TO BE UPDATED! IF ITS NOT YOU CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.I FINALLY GOT ALL MY CONTENT TO DOWNLOAD. CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE FROM EA COULDNT TELL ME THIS. MAYBE I NEED TO BECOME AN ONLINE ADVISOR.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/12 01:45 AM

MadgMic

I'm having the same problem. An error occurs while downloading. Alot of the time the downloads get so close to completing before they fail. I've noticed that it's mostly with the bigger stuff, and at first i figured out only downloading 1 at a time helped. But that's not working now. Any ideas?
Roxygirlpixy

I'm also having problems with downloading any content a message keeps popping up telling me to log in before i can download anything and then eventually it says error could not download content please help me someone
GreedyChick

ScarletteBegonias wrote:OK! I FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS!! ORIGIN HAS TO BE UPDATED! IF ITS NOT YOU CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.I FINALLY GOT ALL MY CONTENT TO DOWNLOAD. CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE FROM EA COULDNT TELL ME THIS. MAYBE I NEED TO BECOME AN ONLINE ADVISOR.

hi how do ya update origin ??? thanks
jdcameron8332

ScarletteBegonias wrote:OK! I FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS!! ORIGIN HAS TO BE UPDATED! IF ITS NOT YOU CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING.I FINALLY GOT ALL MY CONTENT TO DOWNLOAD. CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE FROM EA COULDN'T TELL ME THIS. MAYBE I NEED TO BECOME AN ONLINE ADVISOR.

I updated Origin and it still isn't working. I've had the same problem as everyone else. I even had someone from EA call and try to do trouble shooting over the phone. She said it was a problem with the patch and they were working on getting it fixed. Also, she said that I should expect an email "soon" to tell me when it was fixed. I got an email the other day -- about 3 weeks after I called -- saying that the issue was "closed". But still nothing.
PixieKicks

I have the same problem. Content downloads from store to purchase history but will not download to launcher. I made the mistake of uninstalling all my games and origin then reinstalling them all to see if that would fix it but now I can't download anything so instead of just having a few items I couldn't download, I can't download anything at all, even the stuff that had previously downloaded successfully. I'm almost sure when I reinstalled everything and the game updated it said it was updating to 1.33 or something but the launcher reads 10.0.96.015001 so I don't know if that could be anything to do with it. I haven't got the Showtime ep but I've had this problem since January. I ignored it because it wasn't really affecting gameplay and I thought it might have been a glitch that would sort itself out but it hasn't.

I wish I hadn't uninstalled everything.
jdcameron8332

When the Showtime EP came out, I switched my games from Steam to Origin. When I was on Steam, everything downloaded just fine from the store and the exchange. I only switched because I wasn't sure if Steam would actually carry the new EP. After doing this, I had four things that were from the store/exchange that actually copied over with everything else. I hadn't played the game a whole lot since because of some RL things, so I wasn't able to re-download. I have tried everything that I can think of and what others have said to do, shy of uninstalling everything, then re-installing, but it doesn't work. I've contacted EA and all they have done is throw discount codes for me to buy more stuff. Why the heck should I buy more from a company who doesn't seem to care?
PixieKicks

I've managed to get some items to download to the launcher and installed in the game by going to shop mode ingame then opening the downloads dashboard. It's going to take some time but at least I can now reinstall my items. (I hope)
Ryshtyan

Seems I'm not the only one having problems with downloads from the store since purchasing and installing the Showtime Expansion Pack. I can't download for the life of me and I have addressed the problem numerous times already, via direct email to the company, and although I have received responses, it has all gotten me no where. I've followed their list of intstructions to solve the problem and still I can't download a **** thing. I'm actually fed up with the runaround and the fact that no actual attempt from EA games has been made to resolve the issue with some kind of gaming update, or something to resolve what is clearly a problem not just experienced by one person. I expect to receive what I pay for and from what I can tell so far, that hasn't happened. Very disappointed and very frustrated.

Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: