Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Error: Unable to connect to Origin?  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
SilentGirl490

I am trying to download the patch and this keeps popping up, it has never done that before. What can I do so I can install the latest patch? I am logged in on the start up screen but it keeps popping up.

Also, I have noticed that ever since I have been using simport I am getting CC in my game ( i never use cc and have never downloaded any) how do I get rid of the CC that is coming from other peoples games? How do I delete it?

Gabbryrose

I have always had the unable to connect to origin error message since I installed Generations last year, but it has never stopped me from being able to get the patches correctly. In fact, it doesn't seem to affect anything at all.

Even though it pops up can you still go to the updates page and click the update button?

Also, the issue with the CC coming over via simport was supposedly corrected in the patch, so that should fix itself once you can get the patch installed. I am not sure about removing things that were brought over, but I believe I saw something in another thread that mentioned there was a way to do it.
MattySims

I'm getting this message too. And I can't update the game, and if I can't update the game, I can't sign in to my account in the game.
SilentGirl490

Thanks for the answers! Eveytime I click on the install patch button the Error: Unable to connect to origin thing pops up. It has never done this when I updated or downloaded other patches so I just don't get why it is doing it now.

Gabbryrose

From what I've seen in other threads it sounds like a lot of folks are having patch problems anyway. Might be better to wait on it for a few days...
Springfairy556

Gabbryrose wrote:From what I've seen in other threads it sounds like a lot of folks are having patch problems anyway. Might be better to wait on it for a few days...

That's unfair though, then we cant use online features.Pretty sim BTW.

SilentGirl490

I finally got it to work, I rebuted my computer and just kept opening and shutting the sims showtime start up menu until there was a pop up that said a software update was avaliable.

I am still irritated about the CC that was put into my game though, even after the second patch I downloaded earlier it was still there.

MattySims

SilentGirl490 wrote:I finally got it to work, I rebuted my computer and just kept opening and shutting the sims showtime start up menu until there was a pop up that said a software update was avaliable.

I am still irritated about the CC that was put into my game though, even after the second patch I downloaded earlier it was still there.

So you rebooted your computer and now, it works? I have to try it!
MattySims

It doesn't work. Nevermind. I'll will just wait on it for a few days...
dnrana

I haven't been able to connect to origin since Generations too. Instead of waiting why not try manually patching your game.

Showtime updated my game to 1.31 but I still couldn't log in. I manually patched to 1.32 and now i'm simporting

Crinrict has nicely provided information on how to go about doing this (Stickied post at the top of the main Showtime thread).

The link is http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patchingatch_Download/Current

But you need to know the region and version of your game to know which patch to download.

Hope this helps

Jenieusa

thats why i always get the manual superpatch...i never use the launcher for patche!

MattySims

If I manually update the game, will it cause problems in my game? :/
stormwench

This is not really a Showtime issue but a problem with the Origin and perhaps the launcher. If you are getting the error that it cannot connect then its most likely on Origin's side and not you but you can try a few things to work around it. It seems if the Origin servers get really busy you might have this trouble connecting, I have run into this with other patches and waited 2 hours and then been able to connect just fine. Its not that the patch will not patch or fail, its just that you cannot connect to download the patch. You should not have to go through the pain of, and possible issues with, manually patching, if the manual patch is even available yet.

Try starting the launcher either from the desktop icon for ST (or any EP) instead of through the Origin Beta Client and see if you can connect any better.

Try starting using the base game launcher and see if that connects you better. Make sure that you really are connected through the origin beta client before launching the Sims 3 Launcher.

You can also try logging out of the Origin Beta Client and logging back in and then try connecting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/15/12 07:50 PM

MattySims

Thank you! I will try these advices, that you gave!
JULIANNE246138

I just got sims 3 showtime and its says unable to connect to origin, and I didnt mind it at first, but then I wanted to update the game but it could not.

I also need help logging in because it needed the latest update!!

HELP ME PLEASE, YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/09/12 01:13 PM

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: