Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Gurus, please advise about new 1.33 Super Patch - New Info available  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
crinrict

I hope someone from EA sees this.

I have to admit I don't fully understand all this but as ellacharm3d at MTS found, the super patch and the incremental patch don't put your game in the same state. There are differences between them, especially the creation of the showtime collections folder.

The Collections folder is not created if you use the super patch and there might be other issues:

Please read this: Game Help:Issues with 1.3x Superpatcher

Update 2012-03-16:

I think I now understand the issue and my a post about it here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/03/patch-1-3x-whats-the-issue
.html

Please feel free to ask here if you have any questions at all.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 03/16/12 01:06 PM

cameranutz2

Free bump before it gets lost.

funnycat11

so patches 1.3x have broken codes?????
cameranutz2

There are reported issues with the 1.33 super patch. Check the link from the OP.

TheChronicR

Good thing I started to install only incremental patches from 1.26 onwards.

It was a bit of a challenge to figure out which one to use as I have mixed regional codes and all that but in the end I ended up downloading MUCH less.

With regards,

TheChronicR
crinrict

Patch 1.32 users have an problem. There is no incremental patch for it. The launcher uses the super patch for everyone that is a that level.

I'm sooooo confused, I just hope we can get some clarification on this.

TheChronicR

crinrict wrote:Patch 1.32 users have an problem. There is no incremental patch for it. The launcher uses the super patch for everyone that is a that level.

I'm sooooo confused, I just hope we can get some clarification on this.

Do you mean patching from 1.32 to 1.33? I'm currently still on 1.32 and I have no real intention to patch up so I wouldn't know. Hmm, weird.

With regards,

TheChronicR
Milliebon

I don't know if this is related but I installed the 1.33 patch and went into play my game. I played for awhile with no issues. Even had sound for all new music interactions for showtime. Then I decided to build on a lot. Went to the lot and clicked the level it button and that sent my game into a blank blue screen of nothingness. I tried everything to navigate out of it, but nothing worked. I could go into CAS and use that, but when I went back into the town it was all blue. Has anyone else experienced this or know if it is patch related?
khynnea

As to the blue lots...

Because of what Crinrict warned re: Collections, I had made extra backups.

I had patched to 1.31 via super patch, and then to 1.32 via incremental (launcher).

My game is is now patched to 1.33 via launcher (super patcher) and upon initial boot up did not recognize anything in DCCache even though it was still full as was DCBackup. Downloads was fine as well. I purged cache, and rebuilt both DCCache and Backup after relaunching.

Went into shop mode (since I can't download from store without doing this, a separate known bug since 1.31 that is apparently still present). I went to watch the launcher download these, and ... all the content I JUST installed had uninstalled itself somehow.

I swear I was at 100% and *EVERYTHING* was installed. ALL of it. It all had the uploaded icon next to it. I am not using any Mods, I am not using anything except store content.

The game wiped itself out?? Twice now?

Once I get the store content downloaded and saved off to a safe spot I'm going to do a test, restart the launcher, upload something, and try over.

But the ONLY thing that is registering as "uploaded" are my Sims and Worlds, BUT in the launcher they are NOT showing as having been uploaded (not Riverview, Hidden Springs, etc). They are showing to start a new game. So something is wrong somewhere. I am wary to load a save not knowing if CC (store content) is really there or not. I'm going to go run a test on a copy of a save.

This footer out of date. La la la.
khynnea

Of note -- there was still content in the DCBackup and DCCache folders, it's just not registering as being installed as per the launcher.

This footer out of date. La la la.
Milliebon

I am going to go back into my game now and see if it is okay. I didn't save when I quit so I hope it was just a glitch.
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Oh geez isn't this just pleasant.

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech Support!♥
funnycat11

maybe EA is rushing on these patches and aren't taking the time to make sure everything is okay. my game is still crashing.
SimGuruRusskii

i forwarded the threads to them, I don't know what the answer will be, i will see can i can find out later...

thanks for making this thread

crinrict

Thanks russkii for forwarding.

I'm installing the patch right now to see what I'm getting. Maybe then I'll understand better.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: