Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Fast decaying relationships?!?!?  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
samhq

Has anybody else had this problem? My singer & her boyfriend had a full relationship bar & then he went to watch her perform & it fell to the half way mark. If they weren't romantically involved their relationship status would probably have been distant friends. This all happened within 12 sim hours!

Also is it just me or is it so much more difficult to make friends with showtime!
xbecky685x

Now i think about it yeah! I have been playing all day and i have lost the same friends about 4 times then had to regain the friendship in the end i couldnt be bothered anymore so i just let them forget about each other but i never had to work that hard before to keep friendships going.. Also i have found it harder to make friends yes.. My poor sim still hasnt got a boyfriend lol x
jessica00021

yes me too with my sim family it really annoying
Anmirla

Yep. And the Long Distance Friend reward isn't working either.

Aubreyw1

Yeah it happens to me too. Its pretty annoying too, so I pretty much just gave up with my sims having friends lol
konajava1

every time one of my sims performs they loose anywhere from 2 to 6 friends!
kristenwoods

hope i dont get this glitch when i get my game tomarrow, my b-day

enkeli63

I had this glitch and it was horrible! So annoying

But the 1.33 patch fixed it for me

julienrob2004

I still have this bug even patched up to 1.33 so now i never send any of my other sims to watch mine in a show . It seems Ea have coded it backwards so relationships fall instead of rise

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
Gabbryrose

Anmirla wrote:Yep. And the Long Distance Friend reward isn't working either.

Neither is the Super Popular challenge reward. (I think that's what it's called, the one that makes it so your friendships never decay)

Hoping when I install 1.33 it will fix this, but I'm nervous to put it in after hearing all the horror stories...
samhq

I've installed patch 1.33 & not fixed it! Just going to have to make sure I don't fo any careers that require the charisma skill...cos that would be impossible to reach level 10 in! Also can't get my sims celebrity status bar to fill up any higher than it already is & she doesn't get any celebrity opportunities. Only goes higher if she fulfils a singer opportunity to sing for sick sims @ the hospital!

Some of these bugs are just unbelievable! How could they not have been discovered during testing!!!
marigold_11

I'm also having this problem, I installed patch 1.33 and it still isn't fixed. It's impossible for my Singer sim to keep any of her friends, almost all of her relationships are in the red now. I've stopped her from performing most of the time because I can't be bothered to keep building up the relationships again. Very annoying!
stormwench

samhq wrote:Has anybody else had this problem? My singer & her boyfriend had a full relationship bar & then he went to watch her perform & it fell to the half way mark. If they weren't romantically involved their relationship status would probably have been distant friends. This all happened within 12 sim hours!

Also is it just me or is it so much more difficult to make friends with showtime!

Is one or both of the couple performers? Do they attend each others gigs? Have they flubbed performances or not been well received by the audeience and fans? This can quickly lower all your relationships - family, household that attends, fans and friends. Drop to a lower venue to improve relationships you have with these sims and make sure that when they move to a better venue they are ready for it (not just skill and professional level) with enough fans, and enough performance experience to do very well at that venue level. Then the show will be a success and relationships will improve and you will make more fans and friends.

I think relations with fans, at least, are harder to increase and drop easily (fickle fans) because its just based on performance and not much else. This probably makes it seem a lot harder to have relationships then in other EPs where relationships just involved, for the most part, of chatting them up and an outside force (bad performances in ST) did not effect friends and family relationships.

I have a couple who are a singer and a journalist. She has no trouble making friends and keeping the friendship relationship high, where the singer really has to work a performance to get the same, and fan relationships the same. The relationship dropped between them whenever he put on a bad performance (either reported to you as a flubbed or if the audience was easily distracted and did not watch the show much) and while she could get it back you between them quickly, if I tried to get him to raise it up it was much slower unless she saw a great performance from him.

Branin

I'm having the same problem with my singer sim and her husband and he's only seen one of her shows!

PjcpP

I am having the same problem. Eventually I used the cheat to build up relationships. I just have to make sure I keep on clicking on the the slider bar.

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: