Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My sim won't go to work. help ! its so annoying.  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
UnwillingDonor

Location:"Transported to a far away land, to a world where monsters rule."

My sim won't go to work, the action is automatically dismissed when i tell him to go to work. ive tried using the cheat and changing his career to something else it worked for about 2 in-game days. now when he takes a shower before work he will stay nude and walk around, and when his carpool comes he resets with his everyday outfit on and the action is automatically dismissed. i dont have any mods or anything.

UnwillingDonor

*bump*

bob007

First thing that comes to mind is a mod. Do you have any mods? If you start a new go do you have the same problem?

cherid87120

It is an outfit issue. Go to your dresser or stylist to plan an outift. Delete all everyday outfits and assign a new one. Then go to your Career outfit and delete any outfits you made for your career and make sure that THE DEFAULT career outfit is the only outfit available for your sim.

Problem solved. (I had the same problem and it is a known problem since Showtime)
UnwillingDonor

cherid87120 wrote:It is an outfit issue. Go to your dresser or stylist to plan an outift. Delete all everyday outfits and assign a new one. Then go to your Career outfit and delete any outfits you made for your career and make sure that THE DEFAULT career outfit is the only outfit available for your sim.

Problem solved. (I had the same problem and it is a known problem since Showtime)

pretty much love you, thanks.

cherid87120

UnwillingDonor wrote:
cherid87120 wrote:It is an outfit issue. Go to your dresser or stylist to plan an outift. Delete all everyday outfits and assign a new one. Then go to your Career outfit and delete any outfits you made for your career and make sure that THE DEFAULT career outfit is the only outfit available for your sim.

pretty much love you, thanks.

Did it work? I probably spent 4 hours disabling mods, reloading the game, and trying to figure it out. I happened to be on Twallan's site and someone else had the same problem. It is a known issue with Showtime. I am one of those that loves the Sims and rarely complains, but I don't know why it would be so difficult for the EA team to identify problems like this and fix them
Citrusmoon

Maybe it depends on where in the career lv you were when you created the outfit.
It seems that the sims change their career dress when they advance in their career.
I'm not sure if you would come across this issue if you were max level of the career when you created the custom career dress.
But it's possible this issue pops if you created in the middle of the career. Either ways, this is an interesting way to fix the issue =d

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/17/12 04:54 PM

UnwillingDonor

cherid87120 wrote:Did it work? I probably spent 4 hours disabling mods, reloading the game, and trying to figure it out. I happened to be on Twallan's site and someone else had the same problem. It is a known issue with Showtime. I am one of those that loves the Sims and rarely complains, but I don't know why it would be so difficult for the EA team to identify problems like this and fix them

yes it did work thanks a lot.

EllaBellaGirl13

OMG! Thank u people! I had my boyfriend go to work but he wouldn't and now he does!!!!!!! I mean seriously this has been going on for about 2 weeks on the game.
RetroSmurf

could someone tell me how you delete the everyday/ career outfits? I'm lost here.
UnwillingDonor

go up to a wardrobe and choose plan outfit.
to delete any extra everyday or career outfits just select them and there should be an icon of a small trash bin, clicking that will delete the outfit.

SavageAngel

I'm having this problem too now. Also with teenagers, who do not have a Career outfit...?? It's getting really frustrating since none of the sims want to go to work now in that family.

I tried changing everbody's outfit, everyday and career [of those I could], and it seems my main sim doesn't have a career outfit in 'Plan Outfit' that I can change, even though she's level 7 in the Culinary career tree. If I chose 'Change Outfit' she's got Career 1 outfit.

But I'm still puzzled about why my teens don't want to go to work, since no one mentioned this.

Any suggestions?
jsind23

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!. soo upset I had to quit job right before level 10. and I almost delete entire family... SOOO happy I read this first. thank you to everyone here.
4Bidden2U

I am having this same issue but when I ty to "delete" the current outfits, the trash can icon is not an option. I can not delete the curent outfits. Any ideas? Please help me, thank you so much!
Samcharles74

4Bidden2U wrote:I am having this same issue but when I ty to "delete" the current outfits, the trash can icon is not an option. I can not delete the curent outfits. Any ideas? Please help me, thank you so much!

Your sim may only have one outfit for each category. If that's the case they are considered the default outfits and cannot be deleted.
In your case try creating a custom outfit for work. Then have the sim wear the work outfit you made and go to work with it on. This worked for me one time when my sim didn't seem to want to work no matter what I did.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: