Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sim China Adventure question...2 red assasin bugs?  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
Serendipity38

Alright, so first of all I appoligise for posting this both in the World Adventures forum and also here. But we all know this general forum recieves the most traffic and I'd really like some help with this adventure quest!

So, I'm on the quest in Sim China where the merchant guy wants two red assasin bugs now.

How and where do I find them? If it involves collecting bugs, how does one do that? I've tried going to a grassy area and clicking on the ground, but there's no such option. I've tried clicking on my sim, but there's no such option.

Could someone advise me, please?

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/17/12 10:39 AM

Cobesta97

Serendipity38 wrote:Alright, so first of all I appoligise for posting this both in the World Adventures forum and also here. But we all know this general forum recieves the most traffic and I'd really like some help with this adventure quest!

So, I'm on the quest in Sim China where the merchant guy wants two red assasin bugs now.

How and where do I find them? If it involves collecting bugs, how does one do that? I've tried going to a grassy area and clicking on the ground, but there's no such option. I've tried clicking on my sim, but there's no such option.

Could someone advise me, please?

Thanks!

Usually when you get a quest thing to find things you can see them on the map. I'm not sure it will work in your case, but just look around the map and see if you see an icon for it.

Serendipity38

I'm pretty sure I looked, but maybe I did'nt look around enough..Thank you Cobesta, I'll try looking around again.

Thanks!

thelawtman

Do you have any mods on? sometimes the mods will remove the bugs. They bury underground so you have to watch the spot for a while sometimes though it can be time consuming.
cwaddell

Cobesta97 wrote:
Usually when you get a quest thing to find things you can see them on the map. I'm not sure it will work in your case, but just look around the map and see if you see an icon for it.

That's always been the case for my sims, but it's been awhile since I've done any WA quests so one of the updates may have broken that. If it is broken I would guess the Generations update broke it along with several other things it broke in WA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/17/12 10:53 AM

Serendipity38

I dont have any mods at all. Or even custom content.

Well, I looked around again, and there's a gold star for the adventure that says "deliver beetles" but as I dont HAVE them yet, I cant go there and fullfill the quest.

Does anyone have any idea WHERE to find the bugs in the first place? There' in Sim China somewhere, apparently? But where?

Please and thank you to any help provided!

cwaddell

Serendipity38 wrote:I dont have any mods at all. Or even custom content.

Well, I looked around again, and there's a gold star for the adventure that says "deliver beetles" but as I dont HAVE them yet, I cant go there and fullfill the quest.

Does anyone have any idea WHERE to find the bugs in the first place? There' in Sim China somewhere, apparently? But where?

Please and thank you to any help provided!

The gold star is for the sim you have to report to. I usually have one or more icons on the map view indicating where the bugs are (or where the particular metal is on other quests).

Faith_Andhope

Wow, it's been so long since I played I couldn't tell you exactly where I found them, but there were several sites around. They were not in the town though. They were out in rural areas ... I remember finding some of them on a hill in some trees. They were NOT easy to find and I really depended on those hints in the map view.

But if you don't have those hints, showing you locations to go to, I don't know how you're going to find them. It will be very hard.
calmorezoo

theres always been a glitch reguarding that particular adventure in fact its the only one Ive not been able to complete. cause all though Ive found the bug a few times the sim couldnt catch them as the spawner is buried to deep.

if you put in a search on the tec or wa forum you will find loads of posts about it.

Its one of the many errors that EA have failed to fix reguarding to that ep.

Serendipity38

Well....bleh!*Sighs*

Still, thank you, one and all for your advice and support on this issue. I truly do appreciate it!

ivinian

When you go to map view, if there are any assassin beetles (note the spelling; you might have had trouble finding info about the quest because of that, just sayin') in the game, they'll show up as turquoise-colored icons with super-bright-red bugs. You won't be able to miss the icons. If you look everywhere on the map and see no bug icons, that means there are no assassin beetles available yet; just wait and try again in a few sim-hours. Once you see an icon, click on it and it'll zoom in. At first you won't see the bugs at ground level, but then just wait on 1 speed for a few seconds and then you should see them crawling around. The bugs by the abandoned farmhouse are, well, buggy; frequently they're underground for some reason.

Tactics:

I never walk or drive to the beetles once I find 'em. I use the cheat codes to insta-teleport there. The beetles don't last long--in the time it takes you to get across the map to them, they can vanish just like that.

If you have Pets, you can get a cat and make the cat get you beetles at home before you go on vacation--as their hunting skill progresses, they catch them all the time in my games If you're feeling really impatient, you can just edit a community lot in debug mode to add a bunch more assassin beetle spawners too. It takes a day or two for them to spawn, but it's a lot easier than tearing your hair out chasing them around.

Good luck! I hate that quest just about more than any other in the game--it's so twitchy to finish.

My studio -- c'mon by and take a peek! ** CC-free.
Faith_Andhope

calmorezoo wrote:theres always been a glitch reguarding that particular adventure in fact its the only one Ive not been able to complete. cause all though Ive found the bug a few times the sim couldnt catch them as the spawner is buried to deep.

if you put in a search on the tec or wa forum you will find loads of posts about it.

Its one of the many errors that EA have failed to fix reguarding to that ep.

I do remember that they were very very hard to actually catch once I found them; they always seemed to get away. But I didn't know it was actually a "bug" or glitch. I never even checked the forum; I just figured it was really hard to do.

Go figure it's actually a glitch. Geez.
KatAnubis

The problem with spawners placed in the regular neighborhood is that they often only spawn the good stuff when they're placed somewhere at the destination. On the homelot they often just spawn boring things like moths.

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: