Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I am new to The Sims 3 and I have a question, please help me simmers! :)  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
coolash3

Hey everyone. Well basically I am completely new to The Sims 3 series so yeah I'm finding it a bit overwhelming but it isn't too bad. My main question is, should my bars (energy,hunger,hygiene etc) be full all the time? or is it okay if say they are half full? Also, what I seem to be doing right now is just staying at home trying to keep my bars above half. What am I doing wrong? I would love to go exploring with my sim and meeting new sims etc but I just find it hard keeping up with the bars. Thanks!
AnnaNull

well, basically there is no right or wrong its what your after. Half full is not bad at all, that gives them plenty of leeway to work with. The key is to monitor the overall mood on the left. Work at time management to keep the bars where you want them, and that will get better with time. I often let areas go less than half, and all is well. Dont forget as you get better in game items for your sims, the reward is better. For example, a better bed gives energy quicker, etc etc.
Hope that helps out?
Anna
MouetteSheridan

Hello and welcome!

Try not to stress so much about the bars. When they start going yellow or red, that's when you need to worry - you should be able to go out and make friends. Even in the red, it takes 24 hours in the red danger zone for a Sim to starve to death, so if death is what you're worried about, try to relax a little. And if the rest get red, you can run home and take a shower/nap/etc. You can also carry produce with you in your Sim's inventory, so you can have a snack if they start to get hungry. Even yellow is just a warning. And you can keep Sims' moods up by positive moodlets - here is a list of all the good and bad moodlets, what they are and how to get them (or avoid them).
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Moodlets

Happy Simming and feel free to ask questions or look around!
coolash3

Thankyou for the replies! Now I know I can keep the bars around half and even low etc.. Thanks
AnnaNull

No problem, hope you have a great SIM day!
Anna
Debbie1003

Hi, you could cook/make a meal and put it in your inventory. Go to the Shop and buy fruit etc and keep it in your inventory. You can go to a gym or hotspot for "relief" and showers. You can also take a nap on a sun lounger at the swimming pool. No need to go home unless you really want too!
thelawtman

I usually play my Sims until the bar says they have 3hours left until they crash to sleep
Dicie

If you play any Vamps-be sure they have plasma fruits in their inventory at all times in case they can't make it home, or if there's not a food wagon close by.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: