Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
WHY EA? Why?  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
CoolLlama

I'm getting a bit frustrated that all EA are now doing is realeasing new EPs and SPs, when they aren't bothering to fix the bugs and issues we already have! It might be a little better if the realeased EPs/Sps I actually want to buy, instead of lame ones like Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff and Why do we need all this celebrity endorsement anyway? I wish they could postpone releasing new Ep's and stuff, and focus on fixing all the many bugs we have. I really wanted to get Late Night, but as Bridgeport has so many issues, it would be a watse of time for me. Anyone agree? Do I have the right to be frustrated?

Alivanna

I didn't have many bugs until recently.

Ive started to get the bug where your 2nd or 3rd generation will stop aging even when aging is turned on. While the rest of your world continues to age.

Just got showtime to and i have the bug where when you perform or watch a performance that your relationships decay very quickly with the sims. I didn't mind the first bug as much because if i could catch it quick i could just turn aging off and back on and it would fix, but the second bug is rather very annoying.
MelanieSimlish

you defintely have a right to be frustrated. EA has made it apparent that they don't give a crap about us.

JustKeepSimming

Unfortunately, EA isn't governed by what YOU want to buy. There's a load of people out there who like Katy Perry and would invest in multiple expansion/stuff packs with her in it. She's really popular right now, so I can see why she's a great marketing tool. In these tough financial times, EA need to appeal to new AND old players alike. If having Katy Perry themed games is going to encourage more business, then they'll do it. Besides, they are releasing non-Katy Perry versions of things, so just buy those.

I do agree with what you say on glitches. It'd be nice to not have to rely on a third party to fix EA's problems.

PHOEBESMOM601

JustKeepSimming wrote: In these tough financial times, EA need to appeal to new AND old players alike.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who don't feel like the old players are getting much.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
krimsonnox

well i hate the timeline they are under because i think they have to push stuff into production that isnt quite ready, but you realize different teams work on developing the ep's and stuff and maintaing the operations of the software already out to us. IT's not the same people all the time.They do fix bugs, not at a rate that some other games too, they arnt blizzard but do you ever think of the complexity of this game. From a technical standpoint, the variables are nearly endless. even all the testing in the world wont make a roll out foolproof, because when things get out into the production envornment, online or in your machine things will always go wrong in someway. Things invariably conflict, problems arise that were not expected. Im not saying they shouldnt put effort to makeing it as stable as possible before launch which is why i think the release dates should be spread a bit father, but they ar supporting the game, theres some guys doing that. This game has so much content though evry thing has to be made to work with EVERYTHING else and thats an incredible task and amount of stuff to consider.
Personally to me it looks like in the last yr they have been stepping up their game, there are more patches and fixes. theres also a ton breaking! but this site and game to me arnt as unstable as they used to be 2 yrs ago. And the quality product has improved in my opinion with the last couple of EP's. It seems more complex the animations seem smoother. Am I wrong? I've talked to people who work in game comp[and anyone who is actually familar with Sims will admit its a monster, which is why you need such hardcore machines.

Yes theres room for improvement but dont say they dont fix anything. They fixed my cat teleporting away from the tub at least lol

oh as far as the celebrity endorsement thing i was ok with the special Ep edition but a whole pack for her..meh should be a store set. it's getting old im over the whole thing. But i'll get it cause i like weird stuff and im sure it will be

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/17/12 08:48 PM

http://krimsnolasims.blogspot.com
JustKeepSimming

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:
JustKeepSimming wrote: In these tough financial times, EA need to appeal to new AND old players alike.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people who don't feel like the old players are getting much.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. I just see EA's situation right now.

Liltab1121

I have to agree with the statement above. While EA has much room to be improved, you can't slam them for everything that goes wrong because they are working to fix it, even if people with to not realize it.

I've no glitches in my game, and maybe I should consider myself lucky. But I find they are doing a fantastic job.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that there have been one or two patches out already for showtime, and it hasn't been out for very long at all. Which means, someone, somewhere, is working on making the quality of our games better.

So, how about a picture to cheer us all up :]?

PS, I like this picture, it made me giggle.

Slyvanas

Your right to be frustrated and I am to. Company's just stops caring about their customers now. Even though it was the customers who made the company who they are today =/

Liltab1121

Slyvanas wrote:Your right to be frustrated and I am to. Company's just stops caring about their customers now. Even though it was the customers who made the company who they are today =/

How do you know they have stopped caring? Yes, it's true EA is money hungry, but it's a company which employs thousands of people. With out this money, those people wouldn't have jobs.

And honestly, if they really didn't care, we would have a far worse product than we have now. Because the game that I play is very worth every penny I've put toward it.

krimsonnox

Slyvanas wrote:Your right to be frustrated and I am to. Company's just stops caring about their customers now. Even though it was the customers who made the company who they are today =/

the CEO's dont personally care on a deep level for us of course not, they need to make money to support the product (and live in big homes) but the developers and operations staff generally care very much, they are usually passionate about the products they work on believe it or not and they want to provide the best product, i agree the corporate mechanisms with in the larger game company's show a callousness for thier individual customers in some respects but the people making the game for us are good guys, just remember that

http://krimsnolasims.blogspot.com

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: