Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why can't my game update?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
SimWillow82

I'm desperate for some answers to why lots of people including myself cannot update The Sims or install Showtime. I've exhausted myself for the past 3 days trying to figure it out. I bought Showtime off Origin, it downloaded fine, but I can't install the expansion pack due to the need of the 1.33 update, which by the final install window only reaches 92%. A box appears and states: "Update Error: Invalid file found".
I have clicked allow for "Simlauncher" in Norton 360, and I have also clicked "disable Smart Firewall" during the patch download process.
One thing I did notice is the Install Wizard reads that my last update was 1.29. I checked on thesims3.com and there's 1.31 and 1.32 updates that I believe I've missed. Is it possible I need those in between patches before 1.33? I've looked at the Game Updates on the Launcher and all that comes up is the new one. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Nichaedemus

Hi,

If you are still unable to patch via the launcher, you can download and apply the latest standalone PC base game Super Patcher. To that end, you can check out the following sticky thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
Harmonic_Melody

You might want to be careful updating. I updated mine, though I don't have Showtime, and have had major difficulties getting my game to work ever since. A lot of people are having a lot of problems with their games as well.

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: