Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
NOOO WHAT D: 1,000 SP Taken Instead Of Sale 450 SP  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
SophieElizabethAnn

I was just charged 1,000 SP instead of 450 SP (sale price until 23/03/12)! I'm REALLY unhappy as 1,000 was all I had. I wanted to save some SP. It was for the Indulgent Living set. Is there any way to get my SP back that I'm owed?

If anyone has a screenshot of the current SALE price for this, please post it! I can no longer do this for proof because instead of displaying the price it just says 'Download now'.

--------------------------------------------------------------
-

EDIT (21/03/12):

HAPPY ENDING!

Used the email option (was detailed complete with screenshot that I posted on this thread above) - within just 2 days, I received a reply.

Hey again Sophie,

I apologize about the second email, but I was sent over the details from your transaction regarding the Indulgent Living set that was supposed to sell for 450 SP, but it charged the full 1000 SP instead.

I actually just refunded the full 1000 SP back to your account for the inconvenience you have been through.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know and I would be glad to help.

Thanks for reaching,

Thomas Rogers
Executive Customer Relations for Electronic Arts

Their cutomer service seems to be MUCH better through email. I would advise everyone to go through that route. Live chat might be instant but it's a little pointless otherwise.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/21/12 05:33 AM

Liltab1121

Liltab1121

P.S, I'm glad nothing inappropriate was on my web browser LOL, I forgot that was on there as well .

Not that anything inappropriate would be there... o.O

SophieElizabethAnn

Thank you so much!

Is there anywhere I can submit a complaint or anything to get my SP back or am I screwed? I'm sad because if I'd chosen another set in the cart too, and tried them both together it would have failed and then I would've bought them separately which WOULD have given me the sale price. I did this the other day. There's definitely something wrong with the shopping cart.
Liltab1121

https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-3

On the right hand side you'll see "Talk to a Game Adviser". Click that and go from there ;].

SophieElizabethAnn

Thank you! Here goes nothing lol. Also it downloaded twice! That's normally not even possible...

Liltab1121

That's the bug then, not the price. You were charged twice at sale price lol. Show them that picture. Not the one that I gave you.

MrHawk

....and DON'T let them leave without refunding you.

What a shambles.

Liltab1121

Actually, Idk about that. From the looks of it, EA owes you about 1,450 points lol.

SophieElizabethAnn

Ah you must be right...

I will try to get a refund for sure, waiting list for live chat. If only I hadn't used the cart. If only. *Facepalm* Sales work fine for me if I buy individually.
AznSensei

Liltab1121 wrote:That's the bug then, not the price. You were charged twice at sale price lol. Show them that picture. Not the one that I gave you.

I'm REALLY unhappy as 1,000 was all I had.

She only had 1000 simpoints so said, so no all they owe here is 550 Simpoints.

Purchase histories tend to do that

Good luck on the refund.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 02:50 AM

SophieElizabethAnn

Well, 1042 but I was rounding down a bit lol. Point is though, yes, I'm owed 550 SP because 1000 - 450 = 550. It's so fun when bugs happen...not.

Live chat person is looking into it after I provided the screenshot.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 02:52 AM

SophieElizabethAnn

After a lot of patience and repeating myself many times, I was basically told to make a thread. Which I have done (ta-da here it was already). They also said that they would forward it from 'their end' for 'further review' but that sounds like a business-like way of saying "you're out of luck". Should I try for another rep on the live chat? *Facepalm* I'm not entirely sure that did any good at all.
MrHawk

Yes try again, and tell them they can't provide one solution to one person and another for another person. Other people have had their points refunded because it is the store that is at fault.

You bought something at an advertised sale price. They OVERCHARGED you. They have no right to retain the points.

Don't give up. Tell them if they don't refund you you want their supervisor.

Don't be rude, but be forceful.

Good luck!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/18/12 03:28 AM

SophieElizabethAnn

Also apologies for tripple-posting but if anyone would like to read the chat log I copy-pasted it. It's pretty appalling.

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: