Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Should I download Twallan's overwatch mod?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
ColorMePink

Location: Call me Vid, Pink, ColorMePink, but DO NOT call me crazy! Do I look crazy to you?

I have Twallan's Sp mod and my game seems to be more smoother. The town seems more alive now as well. I was wondering if the overwatch mod does for people's games. I know it's suppose to clean up abandon cars, turn off steros in unactive households, but does it make the game better. Should I get it when I already have his story progression mod?

I'm also interested in the error trap thing, but it being a core mod scares me.

4thefunofit4

I kind of dont notice the difference but yea it helps your game.

Sunflower227

I use Overwatch and it helps clean up stuck toddlers, cars, turn off TV's/stereos and junk. I feel it helps keep things "clean". I also use Error Trap and have had to remove that (when I updated for a patch but the mod wasn't yet updated) and never had a problem. I didn't even know it was a core mod, that's how easy it is.

Just be sure to clear your cache files after removing any CC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/12 07:03 PM

Oh. My. GLOB!
TheMomminator

In my opinion, Overwatch and Errortrap are necessary mods if you're going to play the same game for a long time. They are also necessary if you're going to travel.
Yahtzami

Overwatch saved my game after Late Night. It not only cleans up cars in all the inventories, it also cleans up stuck police cars, fire trucks, and any other NPC vehicles. In addition, it recovers wandering toddlers, missing sims, turns off TV's, Stereos and checks for and corrects sims stuck in the aging process.

I recommend it 100%

ColorMePink

Location: Call me Vid, Pink, ColorMePink, but DO NOT call me crazy! Do I look crazy to you?

Hmmm...I might try overwatch mod. I was mostly worried it would change the gameplay, but if it keep things clean and doesn't bother my sims thats cool.

The error trap thing sounds neat also. I did tend to get errors after playing a household for awhile. Be extremely upset if I lost my two favorite save files right now, so I was considering. If it's easy, then I may give it try also. Twallan updates his mods pretty quick, so I guess I shouldn't run into any problems with patches.

Snakefire30

Overwatch removes extra cars from inactives' inventories, first notifies you if an inactives' aging is stuck, and then ages them up itself after a day or two if you don't do anything, turns off stereos and TVs that are left on by inactives.

Error Trap is a core mod, which means its a little more sensitive to the gobs of patches EA has been releasing but it is helpful in trapping errors so that they don't corrupt your saved game. I've had to upload quite a few error logs to Twallan's website.
ColorMePink

@TheMomminator Yep. I have one save file thats been going for awhile. I would be crushed to lose it all, so I might give it a go.

@Yahtzami Hey! *glomps* Ooooo ok. I'm scare, but I'll try it. I sometimes worry about the townies get stuck and aging going wrong for them as the game is glitchy like that.

@Snakefire30 ooo thank you for the detailed description.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/12 07:20 PM

mangoesandlimes

I would recommend Overwatch and Errortrap. Those, along with SP, are the three mods I can't go without. OW and ET don't change gameplay, but they do make the game run more smoothly. If you leave the notifications on, you'll be amazed at how many errors build up in the background and how many cars spawn. I've had OW delete hundreds of cars at a time and ET has unstuck up to 60 sims who got stuck aging in a single night. And OW makes it so you don't have to see the ugly sloppy jalopies so often!
KoumoriDiru

If I didn't have Overwatch I wouldn't have been able to play after Late Night. It's a really good mod, it sorts out the car spawning, turns of tvs and stereos and it's even recovered sims that have disappeared in town.

I've also downloaded Error Trap but not installed it yet as I'm waiting for Showtime to arrive in the post.

Mikezumi

I would get it. Yesterday my game started lagging - a second here, a few seconds there - I had overwatch do an immediate retrieval of lost sims and 7 were recovered. My game instantly went back to normal.

Jeansoo

I used to run the overwatch mod before. Actually, it's very useful but sometimes, it also makes some mistakes. In my game play, usually, I get burglars every 2 times a week which is very often. So I usually don't offer a parking place on my lot. I just let them save their own expensive cars in their inventory.

One day, 2 sons of my family grew up to young adult and they married. So I went to the Edit Town, I gave them a nice house and let them live as the inactive household. I didn't know there was only ONE parking lot.

A few days later, I found one of them was going to work by car from work, sloppy jaloppy??? So I changed the active household and had a look their lot. One of them lost his expensive car by Overwatch mod. It cleaned his inventory too and there was only one parking place for his wife. =( I changed back to my household again, now my main sims lost their all cars which were in inventory. After that, I stopped using overwatch mod.

Also there's one more problem with Show Time simport. It resets the sim tries to travel by simport to other simmer's game. So the sim is actually, vanished. You better take the overwatch out when you want to use the simport function.

I un-installed Late Night and Pets instead. Now I don't have any freezing signs at all. But I still use MC mod and I love it.
ColorMePink

Oooo thank you guys for all the responses. LOL ok you have convinced me to download both. Thank you all guys so much. I guess I test them out today.

@Jeansoo Ah I will keep that in mind. I haven't tried simporting yet, but I'll make sure to take your advice. I know all his mods can't be perfect, so I will definitely watching out to see if this good for my game or not.

Chemicalwibs

Yahtzami wrote:Overwatch saved my game after Late Night. It not only cleans up cars in all the inventories, it also cleans up stuck police cars, fire trucks, and any other NPC vehicles. In addition, it recovers wandering toddlers, missing sims, turns off TV's, Stereos and checks for and corrects sims stuck in the aging process.

I recommend it 100%

Agreed. It saved my game as well, LN made it totally unplayable. I think I will keep it even if EA ever manages to fix the car spawning bug. Like Yahtzami said, it takes care of other things that keeps the game running smoother.

Jeansoo

ColorMePink wrote:

@Jeansoo Ah I will keep that in mind. I haven't tried simporting yet, but I'll make sure to take your advice. I know all his mods can't be perfect, so I will definitely watching out to see if this good for my game or not.

Thank you. When you let your other family as inactive one, just put more parking place for all cars.

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: