Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sorbet - A Rainbowcy  XML
Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
vampirepaperdoll

I have never done a legacy before, because I get bored of my sims very quickly. (I know, shame on me!) However, I am trying to challenge myself to write a legacy story. This is my rainbowcy, where each generation will be themed around a different color. I could use lots of encouragement and tips because I've never really thought much about pictures and stories for my sims. Please try to enjoy!

Generations

Prologue
Chapter 01: Something Rotten in Bridgeport
Chapter 02: Something More?
Chapter 03: Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Chapter 04: Working Nine to Five
Chapter 05: So This is Love
Chapter 06: They Grow Up So Fast
Chapter 07: Better Things
Chapter 08: Work, Work, Work
Chapter 09: Baby Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 10: The Next Chapter

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 03/26/12 01:29 AM

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

This is it! The day I leave home! I have found an amazing apartment in Bridgeport for a steal! I couldn't believe my luck, but the landlord seemed trustworthy enough. Of course, I'll miss Mom and Dad and all my old friends back in Sunset Valley, but I really feel like this is it: my chance to make a name for myself! I have no idea what I will do in Bridgeport, but I am optimistic that everything will work out. I'm getting a clean, fresh start!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, Bridgeport looks amazing! Well, at least what I've seen of it from the cab! I just arrived to check out my new apartment. I had my first bit of excitement the minute I arrived: an elevator! I have never ridden in an elevator before, so getting to use one every day is going to be so exciting!

I was anxious to see my apartment. As the elevator crept closer to my floor, a few doubts started to enter my brain. I prayed that it wouldn't be a dump; as I thought about it, the rent seemed unusually cheap. Had I been swindled? My heart was pounding as I put my key in the lock and opened the door.

The apartment is beautiful! It's a little small for a two-bedroom, but everything in it is so clean and beautiful that I hardly dare to believe my eyes! I am so lucky! But now I have to go unpack and settle in. I just hope there are no unpleasant surprises in my future...

vampirepaperdoll

Alright, that feels like a decent start. I already know what the first chapter is going to be, so if you're reading, stick around!

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

Wow! Bridgeport is amazing! I love it here, Diary! After getting settled in, I decided to explore my new town a bit. There is so much nightlife here, from swanky lounges full of celebrities to dive bars full of ******** from Appaloosa Plains! I spent almost a whole day at the art gallery, and I even enjoyed a drink there! I never want to leave.

Unfortunately, I realized that those doubts I had about this apartment were completely true. The landlord lied about the rent: it's three times as much as he told me it would be! I couldn't believe it! Luckily, I had just enough money to cover it this time, but now my bank account is nearly empty! And the next set of bills will come before I know it!

But I have a plan, Diary! Oh yes a master plan! I decided that since I'm not even using the second bedroom, that I should get a roommate! That would help reduce the rent significantly! Since I don't really know anyone here in Bridgeport, I called Mom to ask her if she had any ideas. She said that I should check the local paper because sometimes people place roommate ads. Perfect!

The pickings were slim, Diary. Not only were there only a handful to pick from, but some of the people just sounded... well, crazy. There was an ad that I thought would be perfect... until I got to the part about her ten cats. It's a nightmare. Fortunately, I found one that doesn't sound so bad. It said "Aspiring musician looking for place. Male, 25, keep to myself. No baggage. Good credit score. Call if interested." I know people will say "That's not a lot to go on, Serena." But I think this one will work. I called him up, and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. I told him all the details, and he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. So now I just have to wait for him to start moving his stuff tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I hope I made the right choice.

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

Finally, the big day came, and my new roommate moved in. His name is James Noir, and he tells me he is a musician. That is so cool! He didn't seem too upset that his room was much smaller than mine... after all, I wasn't charging him anything for the deposit I had to put down. He took a bit to settle into the apartment, so I made sure that I stayed out of his way. After all, it's going to take a bit to get comfortable with each other.

While James was in his room, wiring his speaker system, I decided to try to make him feel more welcome. I popped my head in and offered to make him some food. When I asked what he wanted, he asked if I knew how to make pancakes. I have never made them before, but I had some pancake mix in the cabinet and some apples, so I figured it couldn't be that hard! I was glad to be able to do this small favor for him, since James was helping me out so much by moving in!

Even though I made the pancakes for him (which weren't half bad), James kept to his room the whole day. I could hear the crashing sounds of him playing the drums. I hope this isn't something he does every day, Diary... the sound is pretty annoying. He kept to his room all day playing the drums, and apparently only came out after I went to bed. At least he is respectful of traditional sleeping times so I wasn't kept up all night by the racket!

I guess he liked the pancakes I made, because the next day they were all gone. James was nowhere to be found, so I assumed he went to work. I needed to run to the grocery, so that afternoon I decided to head out. Imagine my surprise when I ran into James coming home from work! We stopped for a polite chat and realized that we had a lot in common. I feel like we're going to be great friends... and maybe something more? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that life is finally starting to look up!

actressgal24

I like it! Bookmarked.

i am very embarrassing please disregard anything i say
vampirepaperdoll

actressgal24 wrote:I like it! Bookmarked.

Thank you so much! I've got your story open to check out right after my next update! <3

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

Wow! Things cannot be any better! My predictions of romance were true, Diary. After a few weeks, James spent less time in his room and more time with me. Most nights, we stayed up all night just talking. When he was at work, he would text me during all of his breaks and filled all those texts with wink faces and little hearts! It wasn't long before we had our first kiss! It was so magical.

The next day James had off, he surprised me by taking me to the park! I love the park because it reminds me so much of my childhood. We spent time swinging on the swingset and watching the clouds together. It was so romantic. I could literally feel myself falling head over heels for James. He shared his dreams and desires with me. James wants to be a rockstar someday. To think: I could be the wife of a rockstar! It's a little early to be thinking of things like that, I guess. But it's nice to dream!

Unfortunately, fate does seem to have happiness in my cards. The next day, James went to the tattoo parlor to play for some tips. He said it was so he could buy me a present. All I could think was "That's so sweet!" So I decided to bring him some lunch and see how he was doing. Imagine my surprise when I caught him with his arms around another woman!

He didn't notice me, so I hurried back home in tears. I was furious and depressed. The woman was so OLD! When James got home, I exploded with fury! I accused James of cheating on me, asking who the heck she was, and if he thought that it was okay to be dating two women at once! His answers were vague and inconsistent, which made me even madder!

Even though James made me happier than anyone else had ever had, I knew that I could never be with a man like him. He was too unstable for me. Despite his desperate pleas, I had to tell him to hit the road. I gave him two days to get his stuff and get out. It broke my heart to see him go, but I know I did the right thing. But now I'm back to being completely broke. Only now I have the additive of a broken heart.

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

It's taken me a while, Diary, but I think I'm finally over James. I've spent a lot of time painting. It has been incredibly therapeutic, giving me plenty of time to think about my life. I have made the decision that I don't need a man to make me happy! I am my own woman. I make myself happy! Plus, all those paintings of my tormented soul sold for a pretty penny.

After all this new found self-esteem, I decided that I needed to take charge of my life. I could get a job and support myself without someone else's income to lean on! Excited, I went out and bought some nice furniture to turn the spare bedroom into a study with all the money I made from my painting. Then I got on my new laptop to find a new career. There were lots of things to choose from: Ghost Hunter, Journalist, Firefighter. None of those seemed to fit, though, and I was starting to get discouraged... until I saw a posting for a Stylist position. It didn't pay much, but I decided that I could really do this. Happily, I accepted the position.

I was so excited for my first day of work. I dressed in my uniform and walked on over to the building. It was beautiful on the inside. The makeover stations were stocked with everything I could want or need to make my customers beautiful. There was even someone who could do tattoos in the same building. I already have a tattoo, but it was nice to know that I could easily get another one if I wanted to. I met my new coworker and found out that all of my customers would be assigned to me at this point in my career. I wasn't too bummed because I knew that I would need to get a name for myself.

Unfortunately, for the first two days all of my appointments canceled. I was losing hope that I would be any good at this job. I spent most of my time staring out the windows, daydreaming. I was about to give up, but something deep inside of me told me to buck up and focus on other aspects of my career. Eventually, the customers would come rolling in!

The next day, I had another appointment though it wasn't until the afternoon. I went into work early that morning, sure that this time they wouldn't cancel. I had a bunch of time to kill, though, so I started chatting with the tattoo artist. His name is Stanley, which I thought was a little old-fashioned. I didn't let that stop me, though, so I listened as he told me a story about a terrible show he had just seen. I think we could be good friends, or at least comfortable as coworkers.

Finally, my appointment arrived. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was the awful woman that James had cheated on me with! I ran to the bathroom to have a little cry but managed to pull myself together. I was a professional. I had to give this woman the best makeover I could. She didn't know me, but if she liked my work she could spread the word. Gritting my teeth, I forced a smile and gave her the best makeover I could.

The old cow didn't hate it, but she didn't seem that impressed either. I took her money and showed her the way out, then ran home to vent my frustration by sketching some fashion sketches. They were worth quite a nice chunk of money though I kept a few of them. After sketching a child's outfit, I had a pang deep in my heart. I wanted a child...

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

My job has finally started to pick up! I have a steady flow of jobs, and I'm still working hard on researching fashion trends so I can give the best possible makeovers that I can. But something happened today, Diary. You know in my last entry that I said I had a momentary desire for a child. Well that's all I thought it was: a moment. However, today my first customer was a child. As I went through all the adorable children's clothing, I knew it: I wanted to have a baby more than anything in the world.

Yet I was missing one crucial element to having a child: a man. I thought about all the people I knew and realized that Stanley would make the perfect Daddy! He has a good job, loves kids, and is so attractive! I decided it was time to woo my future baby-daddy. In no time, I had him right where I wanted him. Our first kiss was magical, and the night we made our baby even more so.

Unfortunately, Stanley did not know how badly I wanted a baby, and he wasn't really down with having a kid outside of wedlock. He promised that he would pay child support but he didn't really want to have a role in the baby's life. I was upset, but at least I had gotten what I wanted. The positive pregnancy test was the best thing to ever happen to me! It wasn't long before I had to rush to the hospital. It was a miracle!

My little baby girl. I named her Courtney and decorated her room in the best color for her. She definitely looks more like her father right now than me, but I'm sure some of my genes will show up soon. She has her father's beautiful violet eyes... the feature I'd always loved about him. Even though I'm now a single parent, I know that Courtney will make my life so much happier than I ever could have thought possible!

vampirepaperdoll

Dear Diary

I never knew that a baby could make me so happy! I wake every morning anxious to see her beautiful face. Thankfully, my job allowed me some maternity leave so I can spend plenty of time with my baby girl. I have to make sure that she grows up right! I spent every moment with her I could. It was excruciating when she had to sleep because I knew I couldn't hold her. Finally, it was her birthday! I was sad that my precious infant was growing up, but excited to see how she would mature and grow.

Courtney was turning into a beautiful girl! I finally got to see some of myself in her thanks to the white streaks in her hair. Her coloring was so beautiful and unusual at the same time. I knew that she was going to go far in her life, but I also knew that I would have to help her along that road!

I knew it was important for toddlers to learn basic life skills: walking, talking, and using the potty. Although she stumbled a little bit with the walking ( ), she learned how to use the potty very quickly. I was so proud. After that, we focused on teaching her to talk. I started her with some basic words, but I couldn't believe it when her first word was "recipe!" I knew Courtney was smart, but I never would have guessed how smart she was! Right then I vowed to give her every advantage I could afford. I just hopes that someday she thanks me for it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 03/26/12 01:57 AM

ShaliANel

I will take a look at this tomorrow afternoon

The only tip I would give you so far (without having read it, mind you) is that I usually find it more difficult/annoying to catch up and read through every chapter when they are only presented like this. I feel that using a blog site, such as blogspot (which is what I'm using, it's very easy to use and free) or wordpress is popular around here, and makes it easier on your readers to get from post to post

I'll still read it though, but I will need to do some darkroom stuff first Be warned, I tend to comment a lot

MischiefTheKitten

ShaliANel

Finally read all the chapters!
I'm sorry it took me so long, hope you don't think I forgot about you..
I think you have a nice relaxed writing style which makes it easy to read I'm wondering though where her daughter got her hair colour from? It's not mummy, and daddy's hair looked quite dark...

MischiefTheKitten

Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: