Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Madness since SHT Patch - Do I Need To Uninstall?  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Poohmom437

I am just about fit to be tied with things right now. For the longest time I've received error code 12 and was unable to save after playing in a town for a certain length of time. That got so bad until I just gave up the game for about a year.

I resumed serious play this year and basically all was going well until installing this latest patch. Pre patch I was able to play a good 2-3 hours, saving at regular intervals before getting code 12.

Since installing the patch, I not only get error code 12, but these random crash to desktop. I removed all of my custom content, read everything I could read and tried it all.

DEP has been modified.
I'm playing 97% cc/mod free. (only mods I use are from Twallan and are up to date)
I addressed the LAA issue this morning.

I purchased and installed Hidden Springs yesterday and as soon as I move my family in, game crashes to desktop. Again, it's a DEP problem.

Before installing the patch, I could play for at least 2-3 hours before a crash. As of right now, I cannot play at all. I would like to know if uninstalling Showtime will delete the patch or do I have to uninstall the entire Sims 3 series? I started with The Sims 3 Deluxe and have every expansion and stuff pack plus Hidden Springs. I do not have Barnacle Bay or Lunar Lakes.

In regards to the patch, I can't be 100% certain but I think I went the super patcher route. I do not have a showtime collection set. I do not have any weird sliders. Genetics was not an option. A great deal of my store content kept uninstalling.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/18/2012, 23:14:37
Machine name: JAZZ
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.111025-033
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: BIOSTAR Group
System Model: A770E3
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 3198MB RAM
Page File: 2218MB used, 4400MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 240
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0CA3&SUBSYS_069D10DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2322 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1343 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor: Hannstar HF229
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 8.17.0012.7533 (English)
DDI Version: 10.1
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/21/2011 07:01:00, 11992680 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4FE3-11CF-036E-91261CC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0CA3
SubSys ID: 0x069D10DE
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

Any help to get me back into the game would be very much appreciated. I intend to purchase Windows 7 64 bit and add more memory but not today.

Thnaks in advance,
Poohmom

Should add that I have started the game from the launcher and directly from the exe file with basically the same results. I don't know if that helps or not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/25/12 02:06 PM

Poohmom437

bump
Poohmom437

Update:

I can load brand Riverview and it plays just fine so the problem is Hidden Springs. However, it was installed after the patch when the game went glitchy.
Nichaedemus

Hi,

According to the partial DXDiag report, your video device is an NVidia GeForce GT 240 and its drivers are dated 5/21/2011. It is advised that you visit the NVidia website for the latest video drivers available. Having the most up to date video drivers is especially important when adding a game expansion or update. Before installing the new video drivers, be sure to uninstall the old drivers first via Add or Remove Programs as recommended by EA. To access Add or Remove Programs in Vista, follow these steps:

1.) Click on the Start button from Windows taskbar.
2.) Now select Control Panel.
3.) A new window will appear - select Programs.
4.) Now click on Programs and Features.

Locate the item you want to work with and then click on the Uninstall/Change button.

If you have not done so already, you can try adding the new base game executable to the Data Execution Prevention - or DEP - exceptions list to resolve crashes caused by DEP. This base game executable can be found in the following default locations:

C:\Program Files\Eletronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
Or:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

For instructions on how to selectively turn off DEP please refer to the following link:

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Data_Executio
n_Prevention/TS3W

If you have previously applied DEP exceptions, you may need to clear them first before applying the new one.

Performing a clean boot of the Window OS may also help. For more details, please refer to the following Microsoft support article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Need assistance with The Sims 3? Visit the Master Help Thread today!
Poohmom437

Hi Nichaedemus,

Thanks for replying. I didn't think the remainder of the Direct DX was needed. I do have the entire report, if you think that will help.

I have updated my video driver since last year, so that is worth looking into. Thank you for that information.

I did the DEP according to the tutorial and I have more DEP crashes than before. In fact, I hadn't had any this year. Only error code 12. Post patch, the game is bonkers.

How do I uninstall the patch? Is uninstalling Showtime enough or do I have to unintall the entire franchise?

Thanks for the information. I will also try a clean boot configuration but for now, I'd just like to get rid of the patch.

Thanks again,
Poohmom
Poohmom437

Control Panel Add Remove Programs lists my driver date as 2/26/12. Going in for a complete uninstall/reinstall.
bob007

Nvidia no longer requires you uninstall previous video drivers. Download the newer version and install. Please include the rest of the dxdiag. There are other things that need to be looked at. I'm assuming you have 2X2bg memory modules. Are they dual channel and in what slots are they installed?

Citrusmoon

Poohmom437 wrote:Control Panel Add Remove Programs lists my driver date as 2/26/12. Going in for a complete uninstall/reinstall.

With the newer nVidia installation, you can chose "Custom" instead of "Express" and click on the box that prompts you if you want to uninstall the previous before installing the new driver. nVidia made stuff much easier now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/26/12 02:44 PM

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: