Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
MY LAUNCHER WON'T OPEN!! HELP!!  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
psychomegify

Heyyo!!
So i bought sims 3 Showtime a while ago and now my launcher wont open. There's no error message either. Can someone please help me? I don't like wasting 50 bucks on something that doesn't work.
Anmirla

Do you have Norton and did you download the latest patch recently?

I know Norton was putting the launch file in quarantine after the patch.

psychomegify

Anmirla wrote:Do you have Norton and did you download the latest patch recently?

I know Norton was putting the launch file in quarantine after the patch.

No I haven't got Norton but i think the patch might've downloaded automatically.
Eden777

You can start the game by clicking on the TS3.exe file. I have Windows 7 and the file on my computer is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

stormwench

See if the launcher works if you click any other EP to start the game. It will still load all the games you have but if other EP's will start the launcher it will tells us, basically, what the problem is or is not.

MellieMidget

psychomegify wrote:Heyyo!!
So i bought sims 3 Showtime a while ago and now my launcher wont open. There's no error message either. Can someone please help me? I don't like wasting 50 bucks on something that doesn't work.

I had this same problem a few days ago because i had to close my sims from task manager due to it freezing
what you do it
1: Open the task manager (you can do this by either ALT + CRTL + DELETE and selecting it or right clicking on the task bar and select start task manager)
2: next to applications (it shows your current open programs) click on the one next it called Processes
3: search the description bar for either (sims3lau..)or (sims 3)
4: right click on it then press end process

then try opening it again

sorry to write it in lamens terms but it just makes it easier for everyone to understand if they dont know how to do something

If it doesnt work try restarting the computer
If worst comes to worst you can save your sims (saves) files to a usb drive [best for it to be over 4gb if you want to save everyworlds game]
files located here if you have windows 7
C:\Users\your username here\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

I hope this helps
if it still doesnt work send a message my way and i will try to help as best i can but i wish you all the best and good luck

Schantal

You can also try opening it from Origin which has worked for me or clicking on TS3 file itself. Hope this helps hun or some of the other advice mentioned above.

kiche92

Log off your PC and relogin it happens to me often

Writin_Reg

Make sure all the following is updated -
Origin
Adobe flash player
Adobe air
Check the game for updates even if you have it on automatic by hitting the refresh once the launcher is open, after the above three are updated.

Also you should make sure you pc is all updated too, check Windows update and the driver for your video card - while you are at it, and make sure you have defragged and ran clean disk recently - preferably before you installed the latest ep.

Leaha

To MellieMidget
THANK YOU!!!!!!! The task manager thing worked immediately!
tyriq44

Thank you too Mellie, it worked for me!
sunshinejenn03

I just want to reply and say this worked for me as well! Thanks!

arcabunny

MellieMidget wrote:
psychomegify wrote:Heyyo!!

I had this same problem a few days ago because i had to close my sims from task manager due to it freezing
what you do it
1: Open the task manager (you can do this by either ALT + CRTL + DELETE and selecting it or right clicking on the task bar and select start task manager)
2: next to applications (it shows your current open programs) click on the one next it called Processes
3: search the description bar for either (sims3lau..)or (sims 3)
4: right click on it then press end process

then try opening it again

sorry to write it in lamens terms but it just makes it easier for everyone to understand if they dont know how to do something

If it doesnt work try restarting the computer
If worst comes to worst you can save your sims (saves) files to a usb drive [best for it to be over 4gb if you want to save everyworlds game]
files located here if you have windows 7
C:\Users\your username here\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

I hope this helps
if it still doesnt work send a message my way and i will try to help as best i can but i wish you all the best and good luck

You are a wizard! Thank you so much!
simgirl126

MellieMidget wrote:

It didn't work for me...bummer. I couldn't find sims3 or sims lau...
...I am so depressed, I need my game back. Help me

MackenzieBatista

what (MellieMidget)said worked! thanks!!

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: