Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Error code 12  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
veggiestina

help meeeeeee. Macbook Pro... Lion....
Figwit

Error 12 appears to be a memory issue in that your game ran out of memory for that particular playing session. You can sometimes get around it by trying 'save as' but mostly, that game is lost and you just have to quit without saving. Try to keep your playing sessions short and save often. I always have at least four saves on the go at one time.

If I get a run of Error 12s I usually figure it is time to quit that hood and start a new one. I don't have much patience with errors.

You can read about Error 12 here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12
-13-or-16.html

While most of it relates to PCs, there are still some good bits for Mac users. In particular, getting a mod or mods to get rid of those memories is a great way to stop increased game bloat.

Do you like stories? Check out mine The Angels 2
veggiestina

So am I going to be able to play the family again?
Figwit

You could save them to the bin and move them to a new town.

Do you like stories? Check out mine The Angels 2
liars_paradox

Figwit wrote:Error 12 appears to be a memory issue in that your game ran out of memory for that particular playing session. You can sometimes get around it by trying 'save as' but mostly, that game is lost and you just have to quit without saving. Try to keep your playing sessions short and save often. I always have at least four saves on the go at one time.

If I get a run of Error 12s I usually figure it is time to quit that hood and start a new one. I don't have much patience with errors.

You can read about Error 12 here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12
-13-or-16.html

While most of it relates to PCs, there are still some good bits for Mac users. In particular, getting a mod or mods to get rid of those memories is a great way to stop increased game bloat.

"Save as" never fixes the error code 12 issue for me. I try re-loading my old game save, and then the game gives me some error saying that it "strongly recommends that [I] restart the application".
emilzydiva

I had error code 12 AND 16, for saving i would get either them, i was logged in then but i've started playing not being logged in and that had sorted my problem! If any of you guys are logged in your game, try logging out and saving your game maybe every sim night when your sims go to sleep, this has helped me alot.

Avytar2

emilzydiva wrote:I had error code 12 AND 16, for saving i would get either them, i was logged in then but i've started playing not being logged in and that had sorted my problem! If any of you guys are logged in your game, try logging out and saving your game maybe every sim night when your sims go to sleep, this has helped me alot.

Thank's for that tip. I'll give it a try.
littlestar14890

Its happened to me i tried to save and return to menu but when i did my saved game deleted its self now it come up with any game i try to save.
spartan1

Your game is lost, unfortunately.

Quit without saving, look in the saves folder, delete the one with .bad on it. Delete all the cache files ie: CASPartCache.package ; compositorCache.package ; scriptCache.package ; simCompositorCache.package ; socialCache.package

Relaunch your game and remember to save regularly. You shouldn't lose your current neighbourhood, just the last session of gaming up until you last saved successfully.

I almost always get this error if I've played too long without saving.
FreemanShackled

I'm not happy at all. These errors have been around for a LONG time. You would think that instead of cranking out stuff packs and expansions that EA would work on fixing these game ending issues. Maybe they can't. Seasons has made it far worse. I get these codes regularly now. Saving takes WAY TOO long to make a habit of it. I save my game every morning when my sims get up. Restarting the game is a SERIOUS pain. It takes WAY TOO LONG to load. I have stuff to do in REAL LIFE. Like work and take care of my family. I just want to play for a couple of hours before I go to bed, but I can't get anywhere anymore. These things should have been fixed long ago. I am now regretting buying into this franchise, because EA refuses to support it by just making sure that it functions properly. I'm seriously disillusioned with The Sims 3. I love the game and I wish it would work, but I can't continue to lose sim after sim because EA REFUSES to fix the problems. As I said, maybe they can't. If not they are suckering us out of our money. We should demand that they do something about this BEFORE they put out one more stuff or expansion pack. I know they won't though. I'm not sure if I'm going to waste my money on anymore halfa$$ed software.
Clodawg

I had never had this error before I installed Seasons! I played the game for about two hours, saved, then when I continued playing for another half hour and tried to save it came up with Error 12 and I had to quit. I restarted the next day, but again after 10 mins I attempted to save and Error 12 popped up. When I tried to save different ways (like in Edit Town mode as they suggested on the help site) my whole game crashed!
I have SO much memory available on my computer (over 250GB and 4BG RAM) so memory is not an issue! However, I am in the like 7th generation of this family, could it just be that there is so much information within this neighbourhood with the addition of seasons it's overloaded? How do I delete their memories?
ImogenYeahBoii

Im exacually the same, have never had any of these issues until seasons came out. My only problems were when updates came out my game would get corrupt and then id have to reinstall them all. that was the only problem but now i cannot play for more than 25mins the game is fine up until 20mins and then when i save the dial keeps spining buthe game never closes or comes up with any error messages so i have to forces quit.

Ive never had problems EA better sort it out or otherwise they will loose out on a massive lot of sales on the next ep pack as no one will buy it cause of the exsisting problems
Simalious

I'm having the same issues with my games as well & I agree that EA definately needs to do something about this quickly. I will not be purchasing anymore games until these issues are resolved. I own Sims games all the way back to the playstation 2.(every single one of them) I think I as well as other die hard Sims fans deserve more from EA. Hopefully they will hear our complaints & fix these pending issues. Until then NO MORE simming for me.
kennny

Error Code 12 indicates a world file save failure. Not sure what causes it but, it seems like a lot of people are getting it after installing Seasons. It's ridiculous. I've been trying to start off the same family for 3 days. Moving them around because I've been thinking it was a lot or world corruption. But this problem needs to be fixed. EA seriously has to look into this VERY soon. I'm starting to regret purchasing Seasons because of it because I literally cannot play until this problem is fixed.. Hope they'll respond to us in some way.
willowsomething

kennny wrote:Error Code 12 indicates a world file save failure. Not sure what causes it but, it seems like a lot of people are getting it after installing Seasons. It's ridiculous. I've been trying to start off the same family for 3 days. Moving them around because I've been thinking it was a lot or world corruption. But this problem needs to be fixed. EA seriously has to look into this VERY soon. I'm starting to regret purchasing Seasons because of it because I literally cannot play until this problem is fixed.. Hope they'll respond to us in some way.

I've posted a thread about this very recently because I've been getting an abundance of Error12, and it's apparently caused by a memory leak.

Post Reply Forum Index » Mac Discussions
Go to: