Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Starlight shores do not have enough houses for sims to live in  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Noir

I feel that there is not enough housing for the neighborhood to live in? It quickly becomes over populated and do my sims want to move i have to evict other or combine their households.

Blog about my Cornish rex cats
http://tassarochlockar.blogspot.com

please use http://translate.google.com to read in english
stormwench

Then use the world editor and add empty lots. Then either build new homes or place ones from the bin on the lots you created.

The world that EA builds usually only have a few homes to help give a theme to the world but you were never expected to just play those few homes or to have to evict households there already to be able to have an empty home for your sims.

For the most part, every EP has had limited housing, some much more so then SL and some have even been short of space to add empty lots, but I have easily been able to add 15 average sized lots without having trouble finding space that has suitable pathing to place a lot.

Cinebar

Stormwench,
The problem with your suggestion is as follows: There isn't enough room close enough to the streets to add more vacannt lots. Yes, you can squeeze in a 20x16 lot etc. or even smaller but they will be very close to other houses and you may land the camera right in the other house etc. Then you might start hearing sounds from the other houses that are too close.

EA made several places that are community near some of their rabbit holes that are marked No Visitors/empty lots. I tried using those as home lots...I think that migth have started some of the freeze, freeze in my game. I have no idea but I suggest to others don't change those to home lots. Just leave those well enough alone. Besides the camera is too bouncy on some of those reserved vacant commmuntiy, No Visitor, lots.

There isn't anywhere big enough to place the LE< or KP CE reward venue. Only a 60x60 lot and that won't work. And if you add the LN career Backdoor movie studio for actors...then you still won't have anywhere to place a LN club.

The world is too hilly to actually make a good go of trying to add more houses, due to the following: this would cause routhing issues and freezes because adding more houses may causes lines, and circles to become broken when the game trys to flatten out land so your Sims can live in a spot like that. This can cause extreme freezes every few seconds in game.
debrawolfsohn

It's really hard to place an empty lot in Starlight Shores. Nothing seems to line up the roads & when you can find a place to put a very small lot, usually as soon as you 'level the terrain' the lot is messed up by being too high to access or very low.

Too frustrating to deal with.

Just another reason that an expansion like Apartment Life from Sims 2 would be a great addition.

We'd be able to build multiple story apartment buildings on a small footprint that would house many more Sims.

I can't understand why EA can't tweak certain expansions from Sims 2 to fit #3...instead of spending time creating expansions like Showtime, that for me fell flat.

Really, would it be so difficult to allow Apartment building?
Mashimar0

Cinebar wrote:There isn't anywhere big enough to place the LE< or KP CE reward venue. Only a 60x60 lot and that won't work.

while i agree that there isn't enough places in starlight shore, I think you missed that there's one 64x64 lot up in the mountain area, what i did was delete the 64x64 lot and replace it with 60x60 lot. After lot is moved place 64x64 lot where 60x60 used to be, then you can place big show lot near the business area rather than up in the mountain.

Trancepire

I wonder why they made SS this small? Time constraints?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/12 02:00 PM

RAE2786

You're right, I've only managed to add a 30x30 lot right in front of the beach and a 20x30 lot between those two big houses on the cliff. You can also delete that small little kids park and small lake up by the mountains (there's a nice big one available anyway) and add home lots there if you plan to fill up the empty community lots with community lots from other EP's. So far all my houses are filled up whereas Sunset Valley has some empty houses with more or less the same amount of Sims.
secretuk1965

i think its a nice little town and if they made it any bigger with all the big buildings in i think people with computers that don't run big towns would have problems,if you have ea's story progression on you only get a max of 73 sims in this neighbourhood before it moves sims away and still has empty lots, i personnally don't like a too over populated town so this is a nice little town to play current residents i have is 70 and then the homeless sims and still houses empty.

hellojewby

omg agreed! as much as i adore sims 3, i very much miss the way we place new houses/lots from sims 2. they've made it nearly impossible!! if i could change one thing about sims 3, that'd be it.

<3 t.A.T.u. <3

catloverplayer

Cinebar wrote:Stormwench,
The problem with your suggestion is as follows: There isn't enough room close enough to the streets to add more vacannt lots. Yes, you can squeeze in a 20x16 lot etc. or even smaller but they will be very close to other houses and you may land the camera right in the other house etc. Then you might start hearing sounds from the other houses that are too close.

EA made several places that are community near some of their rabbit holes that are marked No Visitors/empty lots. I tried using those as home lots...I think that migth have started some of the freeze, freeze in my game. I have no idea but I suggest to others don't change those to home lots. Just leave those well enough alone. Besides the camera is too bouncy on some of those reserved vacant commmuntiy, No Visitor, lots.

There isn't anywhere big enough to place the LE< or KP CE reward venue. Only a 60x60 lot and that won't work. And if you add the LN career Backdoor movie studio for actors...then you still won't have anywhere to place a LN club.

The world is too hilly to actually make a good go of trying to add more houses, due to the following: this would cause routhing issues and freezes because adding more houses may causes lines, and circles to become broken when the game trys to flatten out land so your Sims can live in a spot like that. This can cause extreme freezes every few seconds in game.

Have you mentioned this in the ST bug thread? EA needs to know so they can patch it.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Goldmoldar

debrawolfsohn wrote:It's really hard to place an empty lot in Starlight Shores. Nothing seems to line up the roads & when you can find a place to put a very small lot, usually as soon as you 'level the terrain' the lot is messed up by being too high to access or very low.

Just another reason that an expansion like Apartment Life from Sims 2 would be a great addition.

We'd be able to build multiple story apartment buildings on a small footprint that would house many more Sims.

I can't understand why EA can't tweak certain expansions from Sims 2 to fit #3...instead of spending time creating expansions like Showtime, that for me fell flat.

They probably working on it now, you are looking from the outside and what you see may not always be easy to make. I have no gripes with what EA does with it's towns because there plenty on the exchange that can fulfill my needs and that is what is wonderful about the sims series, the ability to DL custom worlds and if you are talented enough you can make your own worlds.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 780 Ti Classified 3 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
Bluebeard45

This is why I have never left SV.
PhotogSim

Noir wrote:I feel that there is not enough housing for the neighborhood to live in? It quickly becomes over populated and do my sims want to move i have to evict other or combine their households.

Then add some more. There is plenty of room to add more lots and plenty of empty lots to put houses on.

It is not hard to use the world editor and add more.
Writin_Reg

I also enlarge the EA houses so they hold more sims. I made the trailer area hold 9- 3 bedroom trailers and 2 - 3 bedroom houses. Look in my studio you can see the trailer I remade of EA's on those lots from their trailer - the pre-fab one. I also deleted the big lot across the street and added in 7 - 3 bedroom trailers of that size. I added second floors or new wings to most of the EA houses so they all have 4 or more bedrooms.

But honestly I did end up playing more in Rflongs newest remake of Mesa Valley, as it is huge and takes all the Venues from Showtime and tons of user made clubs and everything else without being crowded feeling. I do still play in SS, but prefer the roominess of MVII. For Sunset Valley I actually used Magic Dancers big and empty Sunset Valley II and I use LoCat's remake of Riverview for that town. I do keep the EA versions and use them periodically, like when I want to build I go rebuilding the EA houses. My Goth house has 5 bedrooms and a 2 infant nursery. My Crumplebottom house has 3 large size bedroom and a 2 infant nursery. I don't allow 1 or even 2 bedroom houses in my towns.

yesme88

debrawolfsohn wrote:It's really hard to place an empty lot in Starlight Shores. Nothing seems to line up the roads & when you can find a place to put a very small lot, usually as soon as you 'level the terrain' the lot is messed up by being too high to access or very low.

exactly!!! if real apartments were allowed then there would be more housing for the sims and it would help with space. also it would be nice to be able to place items from other eps. I love starlight shores but they should have used a larger map.

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: