Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
URGENT: Sims 3 Keeps Freezing  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
NaomiDunwell

I opened Sims 3 Showtime up after purchase and it worked perfectly fine. However, after update the game I hit a problem. As soon as I start playing, the game freezes for a few moments, unfreezes, and then continues; before doing it again.
Why? I've tried everything to stop it but it carries on. What can I do?
andinic28

NaomiDunwell wrote:I opened Sims 3 Showtime up after purchase and it worked perfectly fine. However, after update the game I hit a problem. As soon as I start playing, the game freezes for a few moments, unfreezes, and then continues; before doing it again.
Why? I've tried everything to stop it but it carries on. What can I do?

Hundreds of people are having this problem read through the other thousand threads and see if you can find a solution. It could be a bazillion different things I'm trying to figure out my problem right now

cameranutz2

SoaG82

cameranutz2 wrote:Check here see if anything helps

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-free
zes.html

Resetsim *

with the star made my game lagg less frequently, but what really made it work like a charm, so far atleast was the Overwatch mod that is linked in my quote from cameranutz2's post.
elly4tony

does anybody elses sims 3 showtime keep freezing every few minutes??? really p*ssing me off!!! my graphics card/laptop/memory etc is all new and extrememly good, the sims 3 was working fine until i got the showtime. can someone pls let me know what it is very hard to play when it keeps crashing every minute.
VivaLaWhatsername

elly4tony wrote:does anybody elses sims 3 showtime keep freezing every few minutes??? really p*ssing me off!!! my graphics card/laptop/memory etc is all new and extrememly good, the sims 3 was working fine until i got the showtime. can someone pls let me know what it is very hard to play when it keeps crashing every minute.

Yes I recently bought it and it freezes every few mins for a short time then goes back to normal...but it's boring playing the game when it keeps stopping and starting
plopppo

Patch 1.34 broke my installation, so I was forced to reinstall the whole game from scratch.

My game now no longer has the pausing/freeze issue.

It has completley gone.
VivaLaWhatsername

plopppo wrote:Patch 1.34 broke my installation, so I was forced to reinstall the whole game from scratch.

My game now no longer has the pausing/freeze issue.

It has completley gone.

Oh really? I will try that then!
lore672

i had the same issue. sadly i had to reinstall everything over again. it's working fine now. well except i cant get my store content to show in game. other than that the game is running smooth. sucks i had to do that but i couldnt find any other solution
VivaLaWhatsername

lore672 wrote:i had the same issue. sadly i had to reinstall everything over again. it's working fine now. well except i cant get my store content to show in game. other than that the game is running smooth. sucks i had to do that but i couldnt find any other solution

OK I uninstalled everything to do with the sims 3, but it HAS to install the update or I can't reinstall the expansions. Did it still work for you?
ColoredCrayon

Same issue here and no fix yet... I'm not uninstalling either.
All my specs are amazingly good and the freezing only seems to happen when I've reached level 10 of a career.
VivaLaWhatsername

ColoredCrayon wrote:Same issue here and no fix yet... I'm not uninstalling either.
All my specs are amazingly good and the freezing only seems to happen when I've reached level 10 of a career.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling actually worked for me btw.
KiwiSpoon

Mine Was Like That So i uninstalled all my CC And Still did not work so i uninstalled it and at this moment i am installing it Lets Hopes It Worksss
Sam_A_1992

The pets ep did cause this problem a while back, wether they've fixed that idk.

Corsair 600t SE | Corsair AX 850 | i5 3570K @4.2ghz | 16GB Platinum 1600mhz | Sapphire 7850 2GB | Corsair H100 | 128GB Crucial M4 SSD | WD Black 1TB
G4l-radiop90

I have this problem or did. Mine kept freezing whenever id turn speed from 3 to 4 or lots of itneractions across my city. Brand new install new family and no custom content just base game.

Found LOTS of forums with this problem.

I have avast... disabling it for me helped.

Some may say what does antiviris have to do with a game?

Answer is Avast is a Active scanner that scans in the background all programs. For me it was constantly watching sims >.>

Hope this helps anyone who is experiencing this problem.

Found it odd my 8 core 12gb ddr3 and radeon hd 6850 couldnt handle a game like sims >.>

Take care all =)

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: