Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Help! Getting frustrated!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
TiffanySouza

I have no problem buying simpoints or items. But when I try to download them I often get a message that says error, see Feed log for details. What does that mean?! I have to try 10-15 times to download items. Once downloaded they're easy to install. Some items like sets simply won't download at all. I had to manually download each item from the Steampunk clothing line individually, which took forever. Please help, it's become a misery to go to the store anymore.

TiffanySouza

Anybody? I could really use some help here.

TiffanySouza

Bumping!

TiffanySouza

Please somebody? I need help!

TheMomminator

Hmm...I've had problems downloading from the site but I'm pretty sure it is a Windows permissions thing not a store problem. When I right click on the launcher and choose Run as Administrator, I have no problems. When I don't, it can be hit or miss whether or not things will actually download.

You might try it. If it doesn't work, you're only out 5 seconds of your life.
TiffanySouza

Huh. Okay I'll try that. Thanks!

TiffanySouza

How do I run launcher as administrator? All that pops up are the options run launcher or do nothing. So I click run launcher and it doesn't give me any further help. What do I do?

TiffanySouza

Anyone?

XTS2009

Right click on your EPs shortcut on the desktop, select properties, then select compatibility tab. At the bottom there's a box "run as administrator", tick that

You may have to sign in again with the launcher or browser though. Have your password ready if it's not memorized.

EDIT: Thank you both. LOL I just got a new pc and forgot that was the settings I used in the past myself. I kept getting a "long running script error" trying to download just now. The help I just offered fixed my own hahaha Thanks again......

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/13/12 08:28 AM

Mia_Kito

I recieved the same error message as you did. I tried downloading some simple pet coats for the Exchange, but it kept saying there was an error and to check the log. Would be nice to know where this log is.

Nonetheless, I held in the power button and had it shut down, Note: this is bad for your computer, try restarting it first. Once it booted back up I was fine and able to download and install the coats I wanted... EA has been having a lot of problems lately...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/13/12 02:47 PM

XTS2009

Mia_Kito wrote:I recieved the same error message as you did. I tried downloading some simple pet coats for the Exchange, but it kept saying there was an error and to check the log. Would be nice to know where this log is.

The log you are looking for might be called: Sims3LauncherLogFile? If so, mine is in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/.

Thankfully I don't have any other logs right now. Sometimes logs aren't a good thing. I just got my new pc up and running. Only issue I had was the dl issue so that log file "Sims3LauncherLogFile" very well may be the one you need, too. But, when I open mine, it's empty. That's the only file I can think of that you may need. And unfortunately my new system is 64 bit and some games were downloaded via Origin so my folder setup is a bit different. It's worth a look though, right?

Hope it helps

PS. Found a post on this subject: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/preList/328503/4448936.p

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: