Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Old West_by ehaught58  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
ehaught58

New World: The Old West_by ehaught58

NEW VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!!
--- I fixed a lot of routing problems, and now the world runs a lot better. If you uploaded the first version before 04-14-12, then I recommend that you uninstall it and install this new version.

Link to world: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5592310

Special Note:
Please, if you come across any problems with this world, leave a message here so that I can address them. I appreciate your help and support.

If you are having problems placing your own lots in this world, please refer to page 4 of this thread for helpful instructions. (Thanks Writin_Reg)

After over a little more than 3 months of intensive, hard work, I have finally completed my new world: The Old West.

No modern conveniences are included with this world. No roads, sidewalks, or running paths make this world a true open range where your Sims and pets run completely free. Just as it was back in the late 1800's to early 1900's, before motor vehicles first appeared, you have to travel everywhere on foot or by horse. So, you need to plan ahead and allow plenty of travel time when going places. I have made the town as compact as possible, so your Sims do not have too far to travel if they have to run on foot. But you need to plan ahead before purchasing a lot to live on. Choose some place close to where you plan to work and spend most of your time, to cut down on travel time. Once you aquire a good horse and riding skills, travel is much faster and you can go much farther. I have included only one laptop, disguised as a telegraph at the telegraph office, in case you absolutely need to use one. Kitchen appliances are a must to make this world work, so I used them sparingly and colored them to match the decor. Other than that, everything else is time-era based. I put a lot of details in every lot, so do some exploring to truly appreciate this world.

I only used EPs up to and including Pets to make this world. Show Time is not included, and I did not use any 3rd party CC, Stuff Packs, or Store items.

I had a lot of fun making this, and I hope you really enjoy it.

Ed

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at 04/13/14 02:48 AM

"If you build it, they will come."
frenchpoodle777

Beautiful world! Rec'd
ehaught58

frenchpoodle777 wrote:Beautiful world! Rec'd

Thanks, frenchpoodle777! I hope you enjoy it.

Ed

Lizziguin

YAAAAAY!!!!! I'm so happy it's finished! Downloaded, rec'd, and fav'd!
xXPetraGirlXx

Wow, this world is awesome. I can't wait to play with my sim family in this beautiful world. Thank you very much for sharing your "The Old West" world with us ehaught58.

ehaught58

Lizziguin wrote:YAAAAAY!!!!! I'm so happy it's finished! Downloaded, rec'd, and fav'd!

Thanks, Lizziguin! I am so happy it is finished, too!

Ed

simhead70

This is soooo awesome . Wonderful world!!

citytube

Just downloaded and installed. Thanks for making this world. It will be such fun to play. I want to see that train. Thanks again.
Rflong7

Hi

It looks beautiful! Excellent work- again.

HappySimmer3

Looks wonderful, and I can't wait to try it.

ehaught58

Rflong7 wrote:Hi

It looks beautiful! Excellent work- again.

Thanks Rflong7! If you get a chance to try it out, let me know if you find any problems that I missed.

I have decided that I am going to leave the world building up to the experts, like you. If I ever do decide to build a new world, I will be knocking on your door for help. Would you consider building a world, without lots, that I could build the lots for? I think we could make a great team.

Ed

ehaught58

HappySimmer3 wrote:Looks wonderful, and I can't wait to try it.

Thanks Happy! I hope you enjoy it.

estyle36

That is a fabulous world ehaught. Did you ask people to test it before officially uploading it? If not, then good job because I've been playing it for 2 days and I still haven't found any bugs/issues !

At first I was surprised it has no roads, LOL! I guess I must have read a little before downloading it, hehe . But still, I really love it. It's nice to have to take his horse to move around the town and see no cars. That really gives the world its unique atmospher.

Good job + rec + Fav

eStyle

EDIT: Also, I have all EPs except Generations and the world works perfectly for me. So if ome of you guys don't have this EP, it doesn't matter .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/02/12 03:00 PM

ehaught58

estyle36 wrote:That is a fabulous world ehaught. Did you ask people to test it before officially uploading it? If not, then good job because I've been playing it for 2 days and I still haven't found any bugs/issues !

At first I was surprised it has no roads, LOL! I guess I must have read a little before downloading it, hehe . But still, I really love it. It's nice to have to take his horse to move around the town and see no cars. That really gives the world its unique atmospher.

Good job + rec + Fav

eStyle

EDIT: Also, I have all EPs except Generations and the world works perfectly for me. So if ome of you guys don't have this EP, it doesn't matter .

Thanks eStyle! I beta tested the world by myself for about 6 hours. I did not find any major glitches in it, and everything was working the way I planned it to, so I decided that it was playable enough to upload. I am glad that you have not had any problems with it. If you do, I would apprciate any feedback you can provide.

It is nice to play a world without all of the cheap-spawned cars that eventually slows down gameplay. And you definitely will use your horses a lot more!!!

Ed

Faith_Andhope

I downloaded it yesterday as soon as I saw it on the exchange. I couldn't get this thread to load for me then (stupid forum) to find out if I needed any CC. Now I see that I don't, I will be anxious to play. It looks great!

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: