Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Finding a Rainbow Gem?  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Syrionia

Can anyone help me with the location of a Rainbow Gem in Starlight Shores please?
I can't find one and my sim child wants to make his imaginary friend real.
Thanks

julienrob2004

The other way is to get to lvl 8 or 9 on the potion table with a sim and create the potion to make the IF real if you have that . Otherwise see if one of your sims has the points for the collection helper and just go grab every gem there is.

The miner is also a good way to dig up rainbow gems

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
Sdp241

yea i would use the miner
SimMommy05

You can sometimes buy a rainbow gem from the consignment store, but it takes a while.

Syrionia

Thanks for the replies

jkstens

I currently have 5 rainbow gems, because I adopted a dog from the shelter. My sim taught the dog to hunt and now the dog goes out and finds cool stuff!
emakav2

jkstens wrote:I currently have 5 rainbow gems, because I adopted a dog from the shelter. My sim taught the dog to hunt and now the dog goes out and finds cool stuff!

When I had Pets installed, I could never get this to work if the dog had found the gem first.
MissKate8

If you have pets you can train a dog to be a hunter and get loads of gems.

Sabrosa

you can always use the cheat,
To open the cheat box, hold down Ctrl, Shift and C.

then type testingcheatsenabled true (enter)

then buydebug on (enter)

Then go into the buy mode and there will be a ? tab click that and find the spawner that will put down the rainbow gem. The rainbow gem is under the HIGH spawner.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=3357.0

Hope that helps, Happy Simming!
Nik24X7

The hunting dog is in my opinion the best way to collect the valuable gems. But the Chemistry Table is rather easy as long as your Sim is highly skilled in the Logic area. Shouldn't take too long to get the IF Metamorphosis potion.

Edited to add: I've had my Sim use the Collection Helper for several days now looking for gems in Starlight Shores. The few gems he finds are the more commonly available varieties. Haven't found a rare one yet. The only thing I can report is that Palladium can be found in the lower-left corner near the row of houses just up from the shore. Very close to the empty lot where my game likes to place the junkyard.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/12 10:13 PM

DanaKScullyFBl

when I use the collection helper it puts Rocks and Gems together on it so it makes it kinda hard for me to find just gems in the world/town and right now I'm playing Magic_Dancer's Sunset Valley 2 world that I added my own lots to it. I would love to find the rainbow gem also for my Sim's toy that I want to change to an IF then person so they could be best friends.
starguru

I have yet to find a rainbow gem in Starlight Shores myself.

But if you don’t want to wait for the buydebug high gem spawner to pop out a rainbow gem to collect or use one of the lengthier ways to possibly acquire one, there is another way that will result in receiving one (or more!) immediately, if you have WA and don’t mind cheating.

In your cheat window (hold down Ctrl, Shift and C), type in testingcheatsenabled true.

Open the cheat window again and type in buydebug on.

Under the buydebug menu, go under the tomb objects tab, and choose one of the three treasure chests.

Place it on your lot, and while still in buy mode, hold shift + Ctrl and left click on the chest.

Under the Treasure Chest Info tab, set it to spawn 5 items.

Under the Treasure Component tab, choose Set Regular Treasure Info, and scroll down till you reach Gem – High Value and select it.

Exit to Live Mode and have your Sim open the chest. Inside will be 5 High Value pre-cut gems. Most likely, at least one will be a rainbow gem.

eilian

Thanks starguru
Mylita

I've had my sims learn martial arts and once they can break a space rock,they can accumulate many gems/metals, including the rainbow gem. You can make good money from selling the gems/metals. You can also check the consignment store, some people have reported finding them for sale there. I didn't know about the treasure chest, so, lots of options!

Mylita

edited to add: I just tried the treasure chest and got 3 cut rainbow gems! Pretty cool!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 02:03 AM

starguru

@eilian You're welcome!

@Mylita Thanks for the edit verifying the steps. The first time I did it, I got three rainbow gems, too.

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: