Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
SimGuru's, Where Are You? The Sims 3 is Failing.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Author Message
MrHawk


Joined: 06/04/09 10:31 AM
Messages: 3945
Location:Yes
Offline

christine400 wrote:
MrHawk wrote:niac1234 I don't think it was wrong for you to post it here.

This kind of thing doesn't belong on the forums and since there have been "gurus" posting on this thread and the moderators obviously haven't been able to keep tabs on a lot of the goings on, perhaps your post may just help to do something about it.

People like Henry need to be banned as soon as they start acting up, not after they've been insulting people for days.


hahaha here we go again you throwing words in my mouth quote me where i told him it was wrong of niac to post his concerns ?
i said this henry was wrong but there have been FAR worse things posted on these forums than a few curse words


And here we go again with you accusing be of doing something I didn't do.
I didn't quote your words. I didn't even reference your words. I was responded solely to Niac's post. See how I started my post with Niac's name?

It's nothing to do with you.

You've made this accusation to a couple of people now, Christine. I can't speak for others but with me you're just being paranoid.

To be honest I skim over most of your post because the grammar makes it difficult to read so just drop it please. I'm not interested in the slightest in having this ridiculous conversation with you again.

Profile
Sk8rblaze


Joined: 08/22/10 09:08 PM
Messages: 2652
Offline

niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


are the people that actually have the power to move and delete threads the same gurus or just completlty different employees ? like does simguru graham and meatball and all the others actually do that or is their job just to veiw the ideas ?

i would certainly understand your frustrations if that was the case but do you actually know if the gurus are the same people ?

i just re-read this and it sounds sarcatic but im honeslty wondering since they always speaking of seperate teams and such i never really thought of that ?

has this henry user been banned ? i've never seen him


Even if they're on seperate teams. How long would it take for them to send an E-mail with a link telling them to check it out take? 5 days is a lot of time! he's been banned by the way. but it took 5 days. That's my frustration. It's just ridiculous, and I think I deserve an answer. He was very offensive to me and many others. You won't be able to find anything else that he said though. They deleted it all.


but if they are seperate teams then it isnt their job to send info to the moderators to remove if they did that they would be doing two jobs and eps would never be seen. well i dont want to get into huge detail on the poster i was talking about who posted way worse it took MONTHS and MONTHS for them to remove him and his sick posting so i think 5 days is excellent i'm not sure where jarsie's post are about the adress of ea and the CEOS contact info but have you ever thought of writing a letter expressing your concerns ? writing a letter to officials will help get your point across way better instead of coming on here and blaming gurus for not working fast enough. tell the ceos they need to come up with a better system so that the sites may be checked more often or post deleted alot sooner. just a thought.


I'm sorry, I don't want to insult, but that's ridiculous. So you're saying that if Simgurusemedi saw that happening, he would just ignore it? I mean, if the gurus aren't moderators in the slightest, then why wouldn't the moderators who had a responsibility to take care of this stuff do something about it? It just doesn't add up in the slightest.


If I was the SimGuru, I shouldn't have to do anything - it wouldn't be required for me to do anything. That's why they have moderators.

As I just posted in my last post just a very short time ago, it's up to moderators and if you feel they're not doing their job, I would suggest taking it to EA Support.
Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6415
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


You report the post.

As the SimGurus pointed out themselves, not much of them have moderation powers. As long as you report the thread, there's no need to post it where it would be irrelevant to the thread's discussion.

If they don't delete it or take action as fast as you'd like it, well, tough is really all it is. You could report it to EA, but as I said, SimGurus have practically no control over it.


I believe this is very relevant to the thread. This entire 35 page thread has been the gurus posting how they do look at the threads and our responses to that, but I want to know, if this is true, why they didn't do anything in this case. There are plenty of moderators who aren't simgurus you know.

Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6415
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


are the people that actually have the power to move and delete threads the same gurus or just completlty different employees ? like does simguru graham and meatball and all the others actually do that or is their job just to veiw the ideas ?

i would certainly understand your frustrations if that was the case but do you actually know if the gurus are the same people ?

i just re-read this and it sounds sarcatic but im honeslty wondering since they always speaking of seperate teams and such i never really thought of that ?

has this henry user been banned ? i've never seen him


Even if they're on seperate teams. How long would it take for them to send an E-mail with a link telling them to check it out take? 5 days is a lot of time! he's been banned by the way. but it took 5 days. That's my frustration. It's just ridiculous, and I think I deserve an answer. He was very offensive to me and many others. You won't be able to find anything else that he said though. They deleted it all.


but if they are seperate teams then it isnt their job to send info to the moderators to remove if they did that they would be doing two jobs and eps would never be seen. well i dont want to get into huge detail on the poster i was talking about who posted way worse it took MONTHS and MONTHS for them to remove him and his sick posting so i think 5 days is excellent i'm not sure where jarsie's post are about the adress of ea and the CEOS contact info but have you ever thought of writing a letter expressing your concerns ? writing a letter to officials will help get your point across way better instead of coming on here and blaming gurus for not working fast enough. tell the ceos they need to come up with a better system so that the sites may be checked more often or post deleted alot sooner. just a thought.


I'm sorry, I don't want to insult, but that's ridiculous. So you're saying that if Simgurusemedi saw that happening, he would just ignore it? I mean, if the gurus aren't moderators in the slightest, then why wouldn't the moderators who had a responsibility to take care of this stuff do something about it? It just doesn't add up in the slightest.


If I was the SimGuru, I shouldn't have to do anything - it wouldn't be required for me to do anything. That's why they have moderators.

As I just posted in my last post just a very short time ago, it's up to moderators and if you feel they're not doing their job, I would suggest taking it to EA Support.


fine then, if I can't get an accurate Simguru response, then please answer me any of the Moderators.

Profile
Sk8rblaze


Joined: 08/22/10 09:08 PM
Messages: 2652
Offline

niac1234 wrote:
Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


You report the post.

As the SimGurus pointed out themselves, not much of them have moderation powers. As long as you report the thread, there's no need to post it where it would be irrelevant to the thread's discussion.

If they don't delete it or take action as fast as you'd like it, well, tough is really all it is. You could report it to EA, but as I said, SimGurus have practically no control over it.


I believe this is very relevant to the thread. This entire 35 page thread has been the gurus posting how they do look at the threads and our responses to that, but I want to know, if this is true, why they didn't do anything in this case. There are plenty of moderators who aren't simgurus you know.


No, it wasn't. It was the fact they didn't interact with the community or gave little to no recognition to our issues and concerns with the GAME.

Being I am the user who created this thread, I think I would know what its purpose was.

I don't appreciate the fact you posted that crap into this thread (despite the fact that I'm not a moderator) as it's only going off track and leading to yet another irrelevant argument and discussion. It just puts this thread at MORE risk to being locked, deleted, etc. and I wouldn't like it if that happened.

ETA: Like I said, report it and wait for moderation. That's the only thing you can do. If you really feel a lifeless jerk on the forums is going to bug you that much, report it to EA support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 01:06 AM

Profile
niac1234


Joined: 05/16/09 08:27 PM
Messages: 6415
Location:In Existential Crisis
Offline

Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


You report the post.

As the SimGurus pointed out themselves, not much of them have moderation powers. As long as you report the thread, there's no need to post it where it would be irrelevant to the thread's discussion.

If they don't delete it or take action as fast as you'd like it, well, tough is really all it is. You could report it to EA, but as I said, SimGurus have practically no control over it.


I believe this is very relevant to the thread. This entire 35 page thread has been the gurus posting how they do look at the threads and our responses to that, but I want to know, if this is true, why they didn't do anything in this case. There are plenty of moderators who aren't simgurus you know.


No, it wasn't. It was the fact they didn't interact with the community or gave little to no recognition to our issues and concerns with the GAME.

Being I am the user who created this thread, I think I would know what its purpose was.

I don't appreciate the fact you posted that crap into this thread (despite the fact that I'm not a moderator) as it's only going off track and leading to yet another irrelevant argument and discussion. It just puts this thread at MORE risk to being locked, deleted, etc. and I wouldn't like it if that happened.

ETA: Like I said, report it and wait for moderation. That's the only thing you can do. If you really feel a lifeless jerk on the forums is going to bug you that much, report it to EA support.


Oh puh-lease, so you are going to blow up at me for being off topic when there have been plenty of examples of this thread being off topic before and you doing nothing about it?

Profile
Sk8rblaze


Joined: 08/22/10 09:08 PM
Messages: 2652
Offline

niac1234 wrote:
Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
Sk8rblaze wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


You report the post.

As the SimGurus pointed out themselves, not much of them have moderation powers. As long as you report the thread, there's no need to post it where it would be irrelevant to the thread's discussion.

If they don't delete it or take action as fast as you'd like it, well, tough is really all it is. You could report it to EA, but as I said, SimGurus have practically no control over it.


I believe this is very relevant to the thread. This entire 35 page thread has been the gurus posting how they do look at the threads and our responses to that, but I want to know, if this is true, why they didn't do anything in this case. There are plenty of moderators who aren't simgurus you know.


No, it wasn't. It was the fact they didn't interact with the community or gave little to no recognition to our issues and concerns with the GAME.

Being I am the user who created this thread, I think I would know what its purpose was.

I don't appreciate the fact you posted that crap into this thread (despite the fact that I'm not a moderator) as it's only going off track and leading to yet another irrelevant argument and discussion. It just puts this thread at MORE risk to being locked, deleted, etc. and I wouldn't like it if that happened.

ETA: Like I said, report it and wait for moderation. That's the only thing you can do. If you really feel a lifeless jerk on the forums is going to bug you that much, report it to EA support.


Oh puh-lease, so you are going to blow up at me for being off topic when there have been plenty of examples of this thread being off topic before and you doing nothing about it?


I'm not "blowing up at you". I'm telling you what to do with the situation as posting it here isn't the right solution.

I'm not a moderator, therefore, it's not my responsibility to do anything about it.

Yes, this thread has gone off-topic countless amounts of times, but why keep going?

Now it has another irrelevant argument in it which I didn't pop in this thread today to read or be a part of.

But again, as I told you in nearly every post, it's not in the SimGuru's control. There's really no point in going on and accusing me of flaming you, blowing up at you, or whatever you want to call it. Just do what I suggested and it'll be addressed the right way.
Profile
christine400


Joined: 12/19/09 05:32 PM
Messages: 5660
Offline

niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:
christine400 wrote:
niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days. he constantly was up in the Creative corner verbally abusing some simmers (myself most of all) using swears and very inappropriate, "phrases." You deleted all of (thank god) but a little remains in the my pages He said, and I quote

Henry7890 wrote:
Niac1234 wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT FAITH12368!!!!!
OH YOUR WELCOM EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE ONE THAT GIFTED YOU BUT I HATE YOU YA FU.CKING QUE.ER


This was unacceptable, and it went on for many days, and you guys did absolutely nothing! I want to know why you would let him do that if you guys really do check the forums.


no offence but i feel like if this wasnt aimed towards you you wouldnt be coming on here whining about how they didnt delete it you even said yourself they deleted most of it so if they arent checking the forums how did they delete most of the garbage that was being said ? Maybe they missed they are only human just like us all and arent perfect. trust me i've seem ALOT worse than just a few curse words and i just dont see it as something to get so excited about as to question the gurus on how much they veiw these forums. i'm just sick of people nitpicking at the gurus when they are FINALLY talking.

not looking for a fight its just my mere opinion


I understand what you're saying and me saying you're wrong isn't going to solve anything. But I left out the most important point. I made a thread on General Discussion about hims and tons of people reported him, but, instead, the moderators deleted my thread and still didn't do anything about Henry, I think this was about 1 day after he started. So they obviously did see his comments. Or they saw that people were annoyed and offended by him and just turned to the other cheek.

To be honest, I don't know if it would've been any different if he wasn't insulting me. I do know this. The reason that he started going after me was because I defended Fidlerten when he was being insulted by Henry.


are the people that actually have the power to move and delete threads the same gurus or just completlty different employees ? like does simguru graham and meatball and all the others actually do that or is their job just to veiw the ideas ?

i would certainly understand your frustrations if that was the case but do you actually know if the gurus are the same people ?

i just re-read this and it sounds sarcatic but im honeslty wondering since they always speaking of seperate teams and such i never really thought of that ?

has this henry user been banned ? i've never seen him


Even if they're on seperate teams. How long would it take for them to send an E-mail with a link telling them to check it out take? 5 days is a lot of time! he's been banned by the way. but it took 5 days. That's my frustration. It's just ridiculous, and I think I deserve an answer. He was very offensive to me and many others. You won't be able to find anything else that he said though. They deleted it all.


but if they are seperate teams then it isnt their job to send info to the moderators to remove if they did that they would be doing two jobs and eps would never be seen. well i dont want to get into huge detail on the poster i was talking about who posted way worse it took MONTHS and MONTHS for them to remove him and his sick posting so i think 5 days is excellent i'm not sure where jarsie's post are about the adress of ea and the CEOS contact info but have you ever thought of writing a letter expressing your concerns ? writing a letter to officials will help get your point across way better instead of coming on here and blaming gurus for not working fast enough. tell the ceos they need to come up with a better system so that the sites may be checked more often or post deleted alot sooner. just a thought.


I'm sorry, I don't want to insult, but that's ridiculous. So you're saying that if Simgurusemedi saw that happening, he would just ignore it? I mean, if the gurus aren't moderators in the slightest, then why wouldn't the moderators who had a responsibility to take care of this stuff do something about it? It just doesn't add up in the slightest.


i'm not saying they should ignore it but like i said its not their job its the moderators. if you had a job at lets say walmart as a cashier and you saw the greeter wasnt doing a very good job would you go and start greeting people while trying to be a cashier at the same time ? no adress your boss or higher authority and move on which is why i suggested you write a letter to the CEOS expressing your concerns nones getting riled up here but you.

sk8ter nailed it on the head

recopy of what he said:
As the SimGurus pointed out themselves, not much of them have moderation powers. As long as you report the thread, there's no need to post it where it would be irrelevant to the thread's discussion.

If they don't delete it or take action as fast as you'd like it, well, tough is really all it is. You could report it to EA, but as I said, SimGurus have practically no control over it.



Christine<3
Profile
christine400


Joined: 12/19/09 05:32 PM
Messages: 5660
Offline

MrHawk wrote:
christine400 wrote:
MrHawk wrote:niac1234 I don't think it was wrong for you to post it here.

This kind of thing doesn't belong on the forums and since there have been "gurus" posting on this thread and the moderators obviously haven't been able to keep tabs on a lot of the goings on, perhaps your post may just help to do something about it.

People like Henry need to be banned as soon as they start acting up, not after they've been insulting people for days.


hahaha here we go again you throwing words in my mouth quote me where i told him it was wrong of niac to post his concerns ?
i said this henry was wrong but there have been FAR worse things posted on these forums than a few curse words


And here we go again with you accusing be of doing something I didn't do.
I didn't quote your words. I didn't even reference your words. I was responded solely to Niac's post. See how I started my post with Niac's name?

It's nothing to do with you.

You've made this accusation to a couple of people now, Christine. I can't speak for others but with me you're just being paranoid.

To be honest I skim over most of your post because the grammar makes it difficult to read so just drop it please. I'm not interested in the slightest in having this ridiculous conversation with you again.


telling me you skim over my post is supossed to make me care b.c ?
i skim over yours two b.c you come on here like a know it all when you've only been posting on these forums for a little bit. if you have a problem with my grammar so be it. i have wonderful conversations with people on these forums and my typing style has never been a problem and i'm not about to change it for you.


Christine<3
Profile
Anavastia


Joined: 06/20/09 05:02 PM
Messages: 4442
Location:Help make sims a better game!
Offline

@niac

The forums do not have moderators not in the least. Dev's are the guru's. Guru's do not have moderator power. What happens when you hit the report button is it goes to customer service. If you don't show what was said in the little box, and don't show what forum rule they violated they just delete the report. Yes because of this it can take days to get someones thread deleted and removed.

Though in honesty i find this to be a bunch of bull and don't believe guru's don't have some powers to move threads and delete them. They may not have the power to drop the ban hammer but generally speaking it's not customer service coming through here moving threads around.

I sure don't believe we have moderators because they must be the most laziest moderators ever, heck it's almost laughable you see a post and the user starts cursing and you see it getting worse the guy was on their the whole day and dozens of people reported him nothing happened. It's like that all the time. I mean they don't even sticky a season thread so that all the we want seasons posters can put it on place the forums is just one giant mess.

I get what niac is trying to say if guru's read the forums and see this kind of behavior how come they don't go to their superior and advocate for us some forum moderators. To me it's a shame how come the uk site has them but we don't on the main site. The number one place they should be at.

Profile
Jarsie9


Joined: 05/17/09 12:34 AM
Messages: 10223
Online

Anavastia wrote:

I sure don't believe we have moderators because they must be the most laziest moderators ever, heck it's almost laughable you see a post and the user starts cursing and you see it getting worse the guy was on their the whole day and dozens of people reported him nothing happened. It's like that all the time. I mean they don't even sticky a season thread so that all the we want seasons posters can put it on place the forums is just one giant mess.

I get what niac is trying to say if guru's read the forums and see this kind of behavior how come they don't go to their superior and advocate for us some forum moderators. To me it's a shame how come the uk site has them but we don't on the main site. The number one place they should be at.


As I recall, awhile back, there was a post asking for volunteers to moderate the forums, but apparently they got very few takers. I think it is unfair to call the few moderators they *do* have lazy, since this is a quickly moving forum and posts tend to get lost in the shuffle unless it turns into a controversial thread. But since the forum moderators have no teeth, and can only lock or remove threads, can you blame them for missing a few? Unless these threads are reported or flagged in some way, the mod has no way of seeing violations because the threads *do* move fast.

I put the blame squarely on EA's shoulders and I agree with you, Anavastia, that EA should have a stronger moderator presence here. If they can do it for the EAUK forum with its multitude of gaming communties, why can't they do it on this forum which only has one gaming communities?

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Profile
christine400


Joined: 12/19/09 05:32 PM
Messages: 5660
Offline

Jarsie9 wrote:
Anavastia wrote:

I sure don't believe we have moderators because they must be the most laziest moderators ever, heck it's almost laughable you see a post and the user starts cursing and you see it getting worse the guy was on their the whole day and dozens of people reported him nothing happened. It's like that all the time. I mean they don't even sticky a season thread so that all the we want seasons posters can put it on place the forums is just one giant mess.

I get what niac is trying to say if guru's read the forums and see this kind of behavior how come they don't go to their superior and advocate for us some forum moderators. To me it's a shame how come the uk site has them but we don't on the main site. The number one place they should be at.


As I recall, awhile back, there was a post asking for volunteers to moderate the forums, but apparently they got very few takers. I think it is unfair to call the few moderators they *do* have lazy, since this is a quickly moving forum and posts tend to get lost in the shuffle unless it turns into a controversial thread. But since the forum moderators have no teeth, and can only lock or remove threads, can you blame them for missing a few? Unless these threads are reported or flagged in some way, the mod has no way of seeing violations because the threads *do* move fast.

I put the blame squarely on EA's shoulders and I agree with you, Anavastia, that EA should have a stronger moderator presence here. If they can do it for the EAUK forum with its multitude of gaming communties, why can't they do it on this forum which only has one gaming communities?


i agree completly i dont think they are lazy either and that a better system can be presented to us


Christine<3
Profile
MrHawk


Joined: 06/04/09 10:31 AM
Messages: 3945
Location:Yes
Offline

To Anavastia and Jarsie9.

Since you both seem to be advocates of better moderation, is there anything that can be done about it, in your eyes?

I'm a little shocked to hear that it goes to customer service.

Also I don't really understand. At the bottom of this forum page the link for Mod_Eng takes me to: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/user/listGroup/24.page in which many gurus are listed. Yet Graham (I think) said they don't really have moderator powers.

Do either of you know how we actually contact a moderator directly without the report button? If someone were to say, swear at me or someone else, like they did to Niac and I hit the report button, to have it deleted by some (perhaps) lazy customer service agent, what happens then?

Profile
SimGuruSemedi


Joined: 05/26/10 12:18 AM
Messages: 405
Location:EA Headquarters
Offline

HappySimmer3 wrote:SimGuruGraham, I am also curious about something else and I would really appreciate it if you could answer this for me.

Is EA/The Sims Division contracting with a different art studio for each TS3 EP? Or are the people creating each EP a regular, full-time part of The Sims 3 team? I would really like to understand how this works.

Thanks!



We utilize both actually. We have an ongoing internal art team that contributes to every aspect of the game... models, animations, textures, FX, concept, etc. We also work with some outsourcing partners who contribute models and textures. As far as I'm aware we use the same outsource team for each project, so they're quite familiar with the game and working closely with us.

niac1234 wrote:ANY SIMGURU!

You guys have claimed that you look at the forums all the time (at least every day). And I'm not going to say that you're lying about that. But I want to know why you chose to ignore a certain simmer named Henry7890 not for a few hours, but for 5 days.


Some SimGurus also serve as moderators on these boards, but most of us do not. I don't have any ability to move threads, ban users, etc. It isn't just a matter of watching the boards - everyone here is a paying customer, and the moderators who make decisions about their account status have to be appropriately trained in handling such matters in a professional and responsible manner.

I would suggest doing the exact same thing that we gurus do when we see unacceptable content. Use the report button, and be sure to include in the notes how the post you're reporting violates the terms of service for the forums. Including that extra information will help customer service react to issue more swiftly.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Profile
Marzupial


Joined: 01/28/12 06:38 PM
Messages: 231
Location:Quebec City
Offline

Jarsie9 wrote:As I recall, awhile back, there was a post asking for volunteers to moderate the forums, but apparently they got very few takers... *snip*


Hi Jarsie9,

Perhaps they had very few takers if those who applied were told that the only powers they had were to move threads around or lock them. I doubt very much the volunteers were offered to actively participate in the discussions themselves. It's just a hunch and I could be wrong.

Here's where my hunch comes from:

In the Welcome section, their is a list of Moderators and Gurus (SimGurus and ForumGurus - whatever that means). I followed the link to the english speaking moderators and I found 19 in all!

3 with pseudonyms totally unrepresentative of moderators like Trinity2005 instead of Mod_Trinity2005 for instance; and all the rest SimGurus followed by their respective pseudonym.

In the case of Trinity2005 for instance (it's the same for the two others with generic pseudos), there is nothing in her member description (under her avatar of each of her own entries in the forums) clearly stating (preferably in red and in bold fonts) that she is a moderator on this forum. The only thing I saw was an obcure badge imbedded in her avatar. Those who don't know what that badge represent have no idea she's a moderator.

In other words, exept for her non-descript pseudonym in the list of moderators in the Welcome section, nothing anywhere else announces her as a moderator.

I wonder how 3 (english speaking) Moderators can manage on such large forum to keep troublemakers in check?

I found no discussions with all 3 moderators with generic names where any of those moderators actually actively used their function to crash a "going at each other's throat" party.

That leaves this forum with 3 very kind, gentle and helpful unidentified moderators, and 16 gurus, some with little or no entries at all on this forum! Gurus also claim they have no power of moderation over here!

Best regard as always,

Marz

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/16/12 01:02 PM


I choose to play The Sims 3 on a Windows 7 partition (BootCamp) on an iMac 27 inch, Intel Quad Core i5, 2.66MH, 8Gb Memory with a ATI Radeon HD 4850.
Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: